Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Year of the Robin - New Charlton Book

Comments

• Looks interesting. 
  • Not out until June 
  • I thought it was a new ornithology book.
  • I thought it was a new ornithology book.
    I thought it had something to do with the Chinese new year 

turns out its the Tiger and not the Robin. 
  • 'Year Of The Bobbins' every season since 2010
  • Looking forward to reading this. Might have to sleep with the lights on after though. 
  • pre-ordered...look forward to it.
  • I used to listen to the authors podcast, good listen
  • Pre orders now available at Waterstones.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope she goes no-holds barred on that worthless prick Taylor at the end….
  • Fumbluff said:
    I hope she goes no-holds barred on that worthless prick Taylor at the end….
    I think she interviewed him, so it will be interesting to see how she plays it. 
  • Now exclusively on sale in the Charlton Athletic Museum retail experience shop

£14.99 

Not officially released until 9 June 

The Valiant 1000 and My Only Desire mag plus lots more also on sale

Can the museum post these out or is it collection only?
  • Now exclusively on sale in the Charlton Athletic Museum retail experience shop

£14.99 

Will have to ask our commercial director @charltonnick but should be possible 

£14.99 

Will have to ask our commercial director @charltonnick but should be possible 
    Thanks. If someone can let me know if its possible and then how to go about ordering one, that would be great.
  • Apparently it includes the name of the new manager, in code form.
  • Just pre-ordered from Waterstones.
  • Uboat said:
    Fumbluff said:
    She says she did, on the 2min film on the OS. The way she spoke about it, I’m expecting it to be “nuanced”….
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Fumbluff said:
    She says she did, on the 2min film on the OS. The way she spoke about it, I’m expecting it to be “nuanced”….
    The interview is from before TS took over.

Having read the book (the museum got a review copy for our archive) the interview is from that time so doesn't  shed much light on today although his comment about being heavily involved but that he hates micro-managing may raise eyebrows in some quarters.

Realyn was very keen last night to get a copy BTW
  • The real stars of the book are @charltonnick and @GlassHalfFull
  • Uboat said:
    Fumbluff said:
    The interview is from before TS took over.

Having read the book (the museum got a review copy for our archive) the interview is from that time so doesn't  shed much light on today although his comment about being heavily involved but that he hates micro-managing may raise eyebrows in some quarters.

Realyn was very keen last night to get a copy BTW
    Bit confused. I was referring only to the interview with Taylor that she spoke of. 

• If you are a CAST member you can win a free copy of The Year of the Robin in our summer competition:

https://www.castrust.org/2022/06/cast-summer-competition/
  • I somehow ordered the book twice. Anyone in the Broadstairs area who would like my second copy, message me.
  • I have just finished The Year of the Robin. Throughly enjoyed it. Thought it would be a nice light read (albeit about a crap year) but it was much more than that. Jen didn't shy away from some of the tough issues around football (all sport and life as well) including racism, homophobia etc. Lots of good Charlton stories, and good Charlton characters are introduced. I appreciated the Lyle Taylor interview and his references to footballers being 'pieces of meat' to owners - though I didn't change my mind about his abandoning us. Nonetheless, a good read. Congratulations, Jen.
  • Copies available in the museum Friday and Saturday 
  • I enjoyed the book. I thought Jen went far too easy though on Taylor.