Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Plan For The Summer?

Just wondered if a plan has already been drawn up of players to keep and players to let go and what positions we’ll be targeting in the summer, got to get our business done early, or we’ll be in this division a few more seasons burning cash.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    There will be a plan. 

I'm sure Gallen already has a plan for players to fit the formation Jackson has chosen and identified players available on a free this summer. 

Problem is, most players will have multiple suitors going after them. This is why we end up with the plan x/y/z or a freebie in late August. 
  • Options
    Yer big fucking clear out
  • Options
    The plan needs to involve the best free players (in the positions we need covering) available joining us on the 1st July, rather than the likes of Ipswich and Wigan
  • Options
    Keep Dobson and AMB , bin the rest .
  • Options
    The paln is to haggle over a couple of quid here and thereand miss out, sign a couple of players because they were good on some kids championship manager save and end up signing a couple of injured has beens from Gallen's mates?

Well it worked last summer didn't it? 
  • Options
    There will be a plan. 

I'm sure Gallen already has a plan for players to fit the formation Jackson has chosen and identified players available on a free this summer. 

Problem is, most players will have multiple suitors going after them. This is why we end up with the plan x/y/z or a freebie in late August. 
    That's the spirit.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We keep hearing from Gallen, Sandgaard etc. that it's about consistency now and not having to sign 10+ players each year. Sadly I think that's the exact opposite of what we need. If we start off the summer by re-signing the likes of Matthews, Pearce, etc. it's going to be just another horrible season. 
    Nothing wrong with Matthews … and Pearce written of last season by many proved them wrong again this year …. Pearce will move into coaching but expect him to be still registered as a player 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Which is the  complete opposite of this season where we started the season without a fit left back & only on deadline did we managed to fill it (with a player who'd been out with a long term injury & has since left the club).
    I'm having a brain fade, but who is this player that has left the club?
  • Options

Which is the  complete opposite of this season where we started the season without a fit left back & only on deadline did we managed to fill it (with a player who'd been out with a long term injury & has since left the club).
    Arter.
  • Options
    First up sign 15 new players fit enough to play 90mins per game twice a week and who do not have underlying injury problems. Then release those who fail those from tests.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Arter.
    Surely, he's talking about a left back?
    Did Souare leave, not that I'm aware?
  • Options

Arter.
    Did Souare leave?
    Can't give him away. 
  • Options

Arter.
    Did Souare leave, not that I'm aware?
    Towards the end of the window Richard Cawley said we were trying to move him on and didn't want a fee, but it never happened in the end so he's still here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Under what circumstances would Souare be one of our top earners?!? Surely not. 
  • Options
    Under what circumstances would Souare be one of our top earners?!? Surely not. 
    Id bloody hope not, but ex-Premier League... Wouldnt be surprised.
  • Options
    The plan needs to involve the best free players (in the positions we need covering) available joining us on the 1st July, rather than the likes of Ipswich and Wigan
    I don’t think it works like this unfortunately. The timeline is really controlled by the players & clubs further up the food chain. The clubs further up the leagues are able to go out and get their first choice players early on, the further down the leagues have much less control over who is available and when. I think us Charlton fans might have a slightly false impression over his much you can’t really put in place to have your key transfer targets join you at the very start of the window because we had that one amazing window under Powell, I’m beginning to think that was the exception rather than the rule.
  • Options
    Watson 
    Gunter
    Mathews 
    Morgan 
    Kirk
    Davison 
    Leco
    Plus several others all need replacing by much better players if we are serious about promotion. 
    I'd be really pissed off if we keep any of the above. 
  • Options

Sorry, I thought Souare had left, seeing as we brought in a loanee to replace him. Anyway, we wont see him.again this season so like Schwartz he will disappear without trace.

• Options
    The one thing so would say is there can be no excuses next season not to be completely prepared for the start. This season was lost at the start given the fact we only had 11 senior players available for the first game. We need get as many of our players in or out and be something resembling decent squad by the start of pre season 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Not signing injury prone players would be a start, but we also want players who can do the business week in week week out, not just when they fancy it or the suns shining the right way, where do we get those sort of players from?

Seriously lacking in consistency at the moment (what do you expect with 3 starting strikers out) I still think we’re lacking in creativity and steel in midfield.