Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday away tickets to go on sale

Comments

• Options
    been twice would of liked to of gone this season - as a stadium proper qaulity old school ground - altough as fanbases go prefer the blades, this probably due to some little 14 yo shit threatening to " knife that cockney bastard" after jacko scored a free kick up there. 

• Options
    703 sold
  • Options
    703 sold
    You going Boss?
  • Options
    Bumping to ask if anyone's planning to stay overnight for this one & if so, any recommendations gratefully accepted, thanks.
    Mercure in the city centre by the crucible. 
    Charlton stay there and met them all the night before and morning of the United cup game and Jim Davidson at the bar! 
  • Options
    Will be in Prague for this one.

Went to Hillsborough back in January 2012, hopefully Jackson can get the team to watch that performance and know what an organised away performance with a touch of quality looks like. 

Enjoy everyone who goes, hopefully you come back with a point or 3 in your back pocket.
  • Options
    Bumping to ask if anyone's planning to stay overnight for this one & if so, any recommendations gratefully accepted, thanks.
    Mercure in the city centre by the crucible. 
    Charlton stay there and met them all the night before and morning of the United cup game and Jim Davidson at the bar! 
    FAR too pricey for us, I'm afraid .

Just booked 3 x doubles for our group at The Red Lion Inn (Greene King), Todwick, close to jct 31 on M1 & apprx 14 miles to the Stadium. 

Will drive straight to the match, then back south to the hotel to book in etc afterwards. 

£63 per room plus £7.99 if breakfast required. 
  • Options
    Still not over the 94th minute Charlton corner that ended in a Wednesday winner under Bowyer, but I'll be there nonetheless 
  • Options
    858 tickets sold.
  • Options
    What's the best way to get to and from Hillsborough from the train station on Saturday week?
  • Options
    What's the best way to get to and from Hillsborough from the train station on Saturday week?
    Get the tram mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bought my ticket. 
    God knows why but there you go.
  • Options
    Bought my ticket. 
    Cos there are great pubs in Sheffield mate (as you know)...especially the one at the station. Hope you are better now...
  • Options
    Bought my ticket. 
    Cos there are great pubs in Sheffield mate (as you know)...especially the one at the station. Hope you are better now...
    Much better thanks mate.
    Hopefully see you soon. 
  • Options
    I often stay(ed) at Meadowhall and caught the tram into Hillsborough .. BUT look at the price !! .. must be a major concert on near Meadowhall .. 

Travelodge Sheffield Hotels
  • Options
    If you walk out of the station at the back the tram stops just outside, that will take you up to West St where there's a few pubs, if you get off at Shalesmoor it's a short walk to the pubs of Kelham. If you stay on it takes you as far as Hillsborough centre which is 2 stops before the ground and a different tram, it's a 10 or so minute walk from Hillsborough to the away end. 
  • Options
    900 sold
  • Options
    Fair figure that given very little rides on it from your side as it is. 

Do us a favour tomorrow please lads. 
  • Options
    If you walk out of the station at the back the tram stops just outside, that will take you up to West St where there's a few pubs, if you get off at Shalesmoor it's a short walk to the pubs of Kelham. If you stay on it takes you as far as Hillsborough centre which is 2 stops before the ground and a different tram, it's a 10 or so minute walk from Hillsborough to the away end. 
    Thanks for the info. Where do most away fans tend to drink? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If they are easily pleased probably the Howard and Globe just opposite the train station but I've posted earlier in the thread that I'd head to Kelham given the option but West St and Division St aren't a bad 2nd pick. 
  • Options

If they are easily pleased probably the Howard and Globe just opposite the train station but I've posted earlier in the thread that I'd head to Kelham given the option but West St and Division St aren't a bad 2nd pick. 
    I’ll have a look back at the thread. Thank you 
  • Options
    Sorry some of you have had some shit experiences. 

If you're coming up on the train it's not an easy trek back post game with trams being a little bit busy but should make it to town for 6.

Boozing wise, like the Valley nowadays very little around the ground for away fans so for me I'd look at drinking up West and Division Street in town and getting tram in from 2.15 onwards. 

Alteratively get a cab to Kelham Island, its a very good place for a beer and many more pubs opening up there, Taxi to ground is about a tenner from there too. 

Any other advice needed or owt leave it in here and I will answer as best I can. 

Here Duck
  • Options
    @owlsonlineadmin are there plenty of taxis (ideally that can take five people) around the ground and town centre? Really can’t be arsed with trams and buses.

thanks for your help. 
  • Options
    If you go outside the station there's a rank with plenty of Hackney cabs. 

Post game not a chance. 

I'd walk into Hillsborough centre as the blue line tram becomes an option there otherwise you only have the yellow line one from near the ground. 

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Stadium is on flood alert due to the river water rising cos of the constant rain. 

• Options
    Stadium is on flood alert due to the river water rising cos of the constant rain. 

And Quiet Flows the Don .. or not .. And Quiet Flows the Don - Wikipedia .. let's hope the rain stops very soon
  • Options
    Fantastic numbers all things considered. Let's just hope the weather holds out for the pitch!
  • Options
    mental numbers considering how shite we are at the moment