Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Its been clear since Jonny came back into the side in the india series last summer he had worked on his technique and looked much more put together. He is now seeing the rewards and i really hope it continues. Would love it if we see Jonny the quality test match player of 2016-18 without losing anything in his white ball game.
    And that is very much the point. Some players like Bairstow have the ability to work on their game and adapt. Others like Ballance, Jennings ot Hales either can't or simply refuse to do so.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Can we make 300?

Yes
  • Options
    Wood gone

305-9
  • Options
    311 all out

Bairstow 140
  • Options
    What a dependable cricketer Holder is. Excellent catch and returns figures of 21-11-24-2
  • Options
    Feels a decent score, but we shall see.

Well done Bairstow.
  • Options
    What a dependable cricketer Holder is. Excellent catch and returns figures of 21-11-24-2
    Whereas our opening bowlers have conceded 35 off 7 for no loss
  • Options
    The critics before the game said that England's attack looked toothless

England's pace bowlers have countered by looking toothless
  • Options
    In the absence of Anderson and Broad I would have offered the new cherry to our fastest bowler, Wood. 
  • Options
    In the absence of Anderson and Broad I would have offered the new cherry to our fastest bowler, Wood. 
    So would everyone except Root.
    Mind you tbf he's not produced much as yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    44-0 off 10 at lunch
  • Options
    So would everyone except Root.
    Mind you tbf he's not produced much as yet.
    But he has, at least, hurried them a bit more and the ball wasn't thrown to him 'til it was 7 overs old and 35 runs had been smacked off it
  • Options
    Viv still looking very trim. Beefy not so much  :D
  • Options
    Gower's spot on with regards to the Windies having an easy release shot down the ground
  • Options
    Oh dear. OK give Leach a go but, seriously, why Woakes and not Wood who has still only been given 3 overs and has had his feet up for the last 45 minutes!
  • Options
    We are trying to contain rather than attack. It's just so negative but, perhaps, reflectively of the fact that Root simply doesn't trust our bowlers. I'm surprised he doesn't have sweepers both sides, a long on and long off plus, of course, third man and fine leg!
  • Options
    Possibly the least threatening attack our selectors could pick.
    Some counties look better than this
  • Options
    Trying to bore the batsmen out after only 16 overs is a bit depressing
  • Options
    Possibly the least threatening attack our selectors could pick.
    Some counties look better than this
    Indeed and yet Wood was one of our most threatening bowlers in the Ashes, is the quickest we've got but doesn't get the new ball and is only given 3 of the first 20 overs. We are already down to two slips and a gully and Woakes, Overton and Leach have had two spells each now. It is absolutely baffling unless Wood's injured of course. In which case, he wouldn't be on the pitch anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Oh look. A bouncer gets a wicket!

83-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The troll opener is gone. If WI bat anything like decently they'll get at least 450 here though
  • Options
    I dont like to be negative but Englands attack so far has been club standard. 
  • Options
    Instead we open up with a bowler who's best figures are on home soil with a swinging ball. 

It's like going to India with 4 quicks & no spinner.

Bonkers
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    I dont like to be negative but Englands attack so far has been club standard. 
    When we have 2 quicks with 1200 wickets between them sitting at home.
  • Options
    101-2.

Brathwaite 55 (70) c Overton b Wood
  • Options
    Never underestimate WI's ability to simply throw wickets away when they're on top
  • Options
    Did someone mention Wood?

He was actually bowling too straight and allowing the batsmen to work him off middle and leg but, there again, when he's bowling to a close field of one slip and a gully that is hardly surprising. The lucky bit was the edge going to gully and Overton taking what was a very good catch.

• Options
    The person working the big screen has had too much rum punch.
  • Options
    111-3
  • Options
    Nelson!

111-3

Brooks 18 (38) c Root b Stokes