Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    14-3

We've had better starts!
  • Options
    Hasnan looks a chucker to me 
  • Options
    This ‘Dour San’ is good!
  • Options
    Brilliant end to this one. 5 needed off 9. 2 wickets remaining 
  • Options
    Oooof
  • Options
    Dear Indian Women 

THAT is how to win a close game 

Regards 

Pakistan Men
  • Options
    How the hell did we lose that??? What a finish 
  • Options
    Bottled it.
  • Options
    Brain dead cricket , clueless 
  • Options
    Why did they run ? Exciting finish, unexpectedly close considering our start. What an atmosphere. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dawson almost won it.....but then lost it. Also stupid running for the run out. Still had 4 balls left. Only needed a tickle down leg & the game was won. 
  • Options
    Why did they run ? Exciting finish, unexpectedly close considering our start. What an atmosphere. 
    Dawson almost won it.....but then lost it. Also stupid running for the run out. Still had 4 balls left. Only needed a tickle down leg & the game was won. 
    Topley didn't trust himself to keep another one out let alone score the winning runs - in 37 white ball internationals he has 50 wickets and 31 runs to his name and in all forms of the game has amassed 298 runs from 274 matches and 122 innings 
  • Options
    Absolutely pathetic how we threw it away. Unforgivable. You watch Dawson's dismissal. He never ran so didn't cross with whoever was still in and set.
  • Options
    Absolutely pathetic how we threw it away. Unforgivable. You watch Dawson's dismissal. He never ran so didn't cross with whoever was still in and set.
    Thought the law changed so incoming batsman takes strike? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Not yet
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    As of next Saturday they will
  • Options
    Strange that the news are coming in during a series. Surely they could just say the old laws apply throughout the series & not change for the final game.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Hasnan looks a chucker to me 
    he was suspended this year for 4 months (Feb-June) due to an illegal action, then cleared .. it was mentioned during the Hundred that he had had problems .. as you say, he still looks like a chucker to me as well
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    lolwray said:
    The Laws need to be looked at but as it stands that's just no way to win a game of cricket. 

If I were the skipper I would have withdrawn the appeal 
    the laws have been amended to 'allow' this form of dismissal .. this game was not a friendly played on the old village green, it was a game between two hard professional teams .. I didn't see the game, just a picture in today's paper. It seems that when the bails were removed, Dean was quite a way outside her crease, therefore she was trying to gain an unfair advantage and she didn't get away with it ..
     in my long ago days as a bowler, non striking batsmen leaving their ground too early used to really piss me off .. IF when batting I went down the wicket and was stumped, I didn't expect the keeper to 'let me off with a warning', I was out .. all this about 'not cricket' is for the birds, try to take an unfair advantage and get found out, tough, you're out .. in football, if you are if front of the last defender when the ball is passed to you, you're offside no ifs or buts .. IF you stray beyond your crease before the bowler bowls, you deserve to be given out

Its a shame that you only saw the newspaper image. There’s a tweet further up the page on this thread showing the ‘dismissal’ in full. Maybe then decide if the batter was trying to take an unfair advantage. 

Here’s a screenshot of the frame where Dean left her crease. The bowler had already stopped her action and was just staring at the non-striker. 

the commentary says it all 'it's in the laws of the game' .. so don't leave your crease until the ball has left the bowler's hand, DO NOT ANTICIPATE .. in this case the bowler outsmarted the batter .. unfortunate but there you go
    I think the law should be changed so that when the bowler has passed the line of the stumps, then until it has left the bowlers hand it is not in play. This would have made this situation a dead ball. Dean is clearly not trying to take advantage and is in her crease at the time of what would have been the time of delivery by the bowler. If the batter had been trying to take advantage then I could have some sympathy. Imagine the impact this could have on junior cricket if this type of dismissal is treated as being acceptable? India should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Personally I couldn't care either way, as long as the rules are clear then it's up to the players out there to make a judgement as to how far they back up.

Indeed it's a big shame that the series has ended, as it would have been fun seeing the England bowlers trying to Mankad the Indians at every opportunity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England have won the toss and will bowl

Malan, Curran and Mark Wood returns and we have the long awaited return of Woakes
  • Options
    When will they learn that you cant play Willey and Curran together. Both good players (Curran better) but can be ineffective when conditions and the ball dont suit (Willey more so) to play both of them is ridiculous! 
  • Options
    A fit Mark Wood is a real asset. I can't help imagining what it was like for those club players to have to face him on his comeback. Frightening!
  • Options
    Pakistan committing batting suicide
  • Options
    Marvellous bowling by Wood. 
  • Options
    Ha ha. 
    88-6.
  • Options
    Pakistan committing batting suicide
    Again!!!
  • Options
    "Are you Somerset in disguise"