Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

White Horse Closing

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    There won’t be a pub left in SE7 soon. 
    Gutted to see that, been drinking in there all this season. 
  • Options
    Is this the pub that was trying it on with the expensive cocktails/ bar snacks menu?
  • Options
    well that didn't last long
  • Options
    Absolutely devastating what’s happened to pubs in our area. Off the top of my head in the last 25 years

watermans 
    horse n groom
    white swan (still praying for that to make a return)
    con club
    lib club
    the Valley pub
    pickwick
    anti

cracking place to drink 15-20 years ago now theres barely anything, probably other closed places I’ve forgotten as well
    The Victoria 
  • Options
    well that didn't last long

I'm sure it opened just before the first lockdown so that would'nt have helped.

• Options
    The Brook
  • Options
    Absolutely devastating what’s happened to pubs in our area. Off the top of my head in the last 25 years

watermans 
    horse n groom
    con club
    lib club
    the Valley pub
    pickwick
    anti

cracking place to drink 15-20 years ago now theres barely anything, probably other closed places I’ve forgotten as well
    Don’t forget The Victoria and The Thames Barrier Arms
    formerly The Lads of the Village.

• Options
    Is this the pub that was trying it on with the expensive cocktails/ bar snacks menu?
    Could never change its spots by what it seemed whenever I walked past 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    We went in there the first 3 games of the season.
    It was still a dump, with little customer service.
    3 games running they couldn't manage to put the football on the TV, for various reasons such as can't find the remote control and didn't know how to find the channel.
    We walked out 3rd time and never returned.
    Absolutely clueless and I'm not at all surprised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lord Howick
  • Options
    Barrier Arms (aka Lads Of The Village)
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    Lord Howick
    loved the late 70's "Disco" nights in there
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:

watermans 
    horse n groom
    con club
    lib club
    the Valley pub
    pickwick
    anti

The Victoria 
    That was on Woolwich road wasn't it?.....that's the Victoria I mean.....just seen the thread on the fire at the Victoria it was the pub I was thinking of.

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

watermans 
    horse n groom
    con club
    lib club
    the Valley pub
    pickwick
    anti

The Victoria 
    That was on Woolwich road wasn't it?.....that's the Victoria I mean.....just seen the thread on the fire at the Victoria it was the pub I was thinking of.

The Victoria is supposed to become part of a housing development. Not including a pub.