Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    For those who cant handle the cheesiness of our owner after we went 2-1 up :D

Someone told me that one was called a Gil-boom #cafc

— Thomas Sandgaard (@SandgaardThomas) January 25, 2022
    What the fuck does that even mean?  It sounds like when I say "sick" to my stepson, except I do it on purpose to make him cringe.
  • Options
    Need to go 4 4 2 - a back 3 isn’t working - far too much space for them up top 
  • Options

Fucking hell for a second there I though he said a ‘Gol-fie’.

Also, that’s an abomination of a tweet ha ha. 
  • Options
    the performance is a bit like the one against Leyton Orient
  • Options
    All I see are people slagging off Watson and Matthews well these two have not played for months so clearly rusty and being thrown into a cup tie that’s being player at 100 miles an hour .. any player would struggle at any level 

Watson playing better rusty
  • Options
    All I see are people slagging off Watson and Matthews well these two have not played for months so clearly rusty and being thrown into a cup tie that’s being player at 100 miles an hour .. any player would struggle at any level 

Rusty? Do they no train then? 
  • Options
    Hartlepool can’t beat us, but we will beat us. Far too many mistakes. 
  • Options

Fucking hell for a second there I though he said a ‘Gol-fie’.

Also, that’s an abomination of a tweet ha ha. 
    If TS ever actually does say "doing a Golfie" I will be very very happy.
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights.

Really pleased for Burstow, he can't seem to stop scoring.

Special shout for Washington. He's got a bit of pace, he's decent technically, and he can finish. He's not the best at the club at any of those things. But he works so hard. And his running is really smart. He must be an absolute pain in the arse to play against because he so often drags defenders out of position or puts them on the back foot. Really pleased he's back. Really looking forward to him and Aneke starting up front on Monday. And then I hope we sign him up for next year. Aneke, Washington, and Stockley is the type of strike force that fires a team to promotion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What the fuck does that even mean?  It sounds like when I say "sick" to my stepson, except I do it on purpose to make him cringe.
    Well instead of Gil-bey... Its GIl-Boom!!

That's it exactly!
  • Options
    I prefer listening to Minto and curbs at half time to this music! 😂 
  • Options
    To be fair, I don't mind some of his other songs
  • Options
    Superbowl half-time show has nothing on that!
  • Options
    I'd swap to a different formation second half

Macgillivray
    Matthews Pearce Famewo Purrington
    Gilbey Watson
    Leko Morgan Washington
    Burstow

Suits the players on the pitch better, I don't think the back 3/5 works with Watson and Matthews on the pitch
  • Options
  • Options
    To be fair, I don't mind some of his other songs
    Quite like: Breathe into Life
  • Options
    2nd half restarted. Any subs?
  • Options
    Allowing them too much space in front of our defence, hence the ease at which they’re getting shots off. Think Watson is lacking that bit of zip that Dobson possesses to get the tackles in. He’s ok on the ball though. None of our players have caught the eye if I’m honest. Burstow and Gilbey took their goals well though. 
  • Options
    League 1: F/wood 0 Plymouth 1

Don.t forget the games kicked off at 7.45
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    No
  • Options
    Arrrrgh Conor needs to control that better
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    No subs mentioned
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'd swap to a different formation second half

Macgillivray
    Matthews Pearce Famewo Purrington
    Gilbey Watson
    Leko Morgan Washington
    Burstow

Suits the players on the pitch better, I don't think the back 3/5 works with Watson and Matthews on the pitch
    Hang on a minute. Morgan is on the pitch?
  • Options
    Lovely crossfield ball from Leko to Washington but he can't quite control it so gets forced wide. Purrington tries to cross but it comes back off him for a goal kick
  • Options
    I'm guessing we don't work on technique in training, none of our players seem able to get the ball under control
  • Options
    Bah. Burstow gets in a bit of a tangle on the edge of their area, and then Gilbey concedes a free kick slightly needlessly.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    F/wood 1-1. Paddy Lane for those who admired him 
  • Options
    Aneka would take no prisoners if he gets a chance
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Kicking towards the traveling Addicks second half, so just imagine it's The Covered End lads and fill ya boots... B)