Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daniel Kanu - new contract to 2027 (p13)

Getting rave reviews this season, worth a go on the bench in the pizza trophy??

Comments

• Options
    Suspect it all comes down to whether he is contracted or not.
  • Options
    Yep, I saw that on Twitter.  Him and Burstow up top as two Charlton lads with Leaburn coming through.  Routing for all of them. Would be epic.  Charlton fans taking us back through the leagues (not saying Leaburn is, no idea...but he will clearly have a strong affinity).
    I thought I read somewhere that Miles Leaburn considers (or considered?) himself a Chelsea fan 
  • Options
    They're just a bunch of glory boys.
  • Options
    No harm in him being on the bench tomorrow night but nothing more this season please.  Let him grow up a bit 1st.

Remember how many people demanded Barker in the team last season and Deji this one? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yep, I saw that on Twitter.  Him and Burstow up top as two Charlton lads with Leaburn coming through.  Routing for all of them. Would be epic.  Charlton fans taking us back through the leagues (not saying Leaburn is, no idea...but he will clearly have a strong affinity).
    I thought I read somewhere that Miles Leaburn considers (or considered?) himself a Chelsea fan 
    Has Carlo not shown him footage of the battle of the bridge? 
  • Options
    on the face of it we appear to have a decent crop of youngsters coming through at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 games from a Wembley final is not the time to blood a youngster regardless of the competition.

We can do that in April when our league games are meaningless.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    2 games from a Wembley final is not the time to blood a youngster regardless of the competition.

I hear what you’re saying, but even being a sub and a part of something might help him sign a new deal, if that is lacking?

you’ve got to encourage  players to want to commit to staying.
  • Options

I hear what you’re saying, but even being a sub and a part of something might help him sign a new deal, if that is lacking?

you’ve got to encourage  players to want to commit to staying.
    I don't think a promising young kid at Charlton (especially one who is apparently a Charlton fan) should need much encouragement to sign. He only needs to look at our history. 

Apart from perhaps Crewe, there can't be many other clubs in the EFL better than us at promoting youngsters to the first team.
  • Options
    Yes there's no need in rushing anything. Deji is a good example, as he does seem to have felt some pressure of late following the Pro contract and having an iffy half in the 1st team. Confidence is fragile at a young age.
  • Options
    Young Kanu sounds like the name of a Grime artist.
    I still remember the first Chinese player in English football. Young Lee Sharpe
  • Options
    Young Kanu sounds like the name of a Grime artist.
    I still remember the first Chinese player in English football. Young Lee Sharpe

The first Korean was fair haired and play for Man City ?

Lee won Pen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope he signs but he will talk to the likes of Beadle and Burstow and know the money on offer elsewhere so I expect nothing.
  • Options
    If Mason is off, need to get this lad on a long term deal, and on the bench for the rest of the season if no strikers incoming.
    This. The heir to Mendonca throne. Need to get him signed up immediately
  • Options
    Anyone know / remember how Birmingham managed to get so much money for Bellingham? Was he on pro terms at his age?
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Anyone know / remember how Birmingham managed to get so much money for Bellingham? Was he on pro terms at his age?
    He signed a pro contract just before he left to make sure Birmingham could command a fee for him. Without it he could have gone for nothing. 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    He signed a pro contract just before he left to make sure Birmingham could command a fee for him. Without it he could have gone for nothing. 
    He was a Birmingham fan who looked after his club and did the right thing by a club whom had invested in him and given him his chance.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hopefully he will get some game time before the end of the season.
  • Options
    If Mason is off, need to get this lad on a long term deal, and on the bench for the rest of the season if no strikers incoming.

Do we need Burstow if we have Kanu? How realistic is getting the play offs now?!
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Because he was a 17 year old bullying men ten years older than him.

Burstow is a talent but Bellingham is a once-in-a-generation type of talent.
    Was asking in relation to Kanu and us being able to get some money for him if one of the big boys comes knocking, not comparing their ability at all just they are a similar age and wasn't sure if Bellingham would have been able to sign a pro deal at his age so wondered how Birmingham did get a fee.

Burstow is on pro terms already so of course we'll get a fee, which hopefully we can use to get us out this poxy division.
  • Options
    Bellingham signed a pro-contract on his 17th birthday that meant they would get a proper transfer fee rather than it go to a tribunal. The large fee was also helped by the fact that a number of Europe's top clubs were after him.

But the levels here are nowhere near comparable. Bellingham at 17 was possibly the best in the world for his age, playing in the champions league and the Euro's. At 17 Burstow wasn't even in Maidstone first team.