Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Streaming via Valley Pass question

edited January 2022 in General Charlton
am I able to log in to live.cafc.co.uk on my tv’s internet browser and watch directly from there or do I have to watch on my tv via a lap top or tablet?

Comments

• Options
    You can watch from TV browser, at least I can on my Samsung TV.
  • Options
    am I able to log in to live.cafc.co.uk on my tv’s internet browser and watch directly from there or do I have to watch on my tv via a lap top or tablet?
    I tried on my LG tv and it didn’t work . 
  • Options
    You can watch from TV browser, at least I can on my Samsung TV.
    So I guess I will have to try on Tuesday and see what happens.
  • Options
    Have a laptop and HDMI on stand by just incase. 
  • Options
    Anyone with an AppleTV and iPhone/iPad: AirPlay works a treat.
  • Options
    It has worked for me on both Sony and Samsung tvs so far. If your tv is a smart tv with an App Store, it may be that there are other web browsers on which it will work, even if the first browser doesn’t work
  • Options
    if you have an LG like mine, go onto your browser and find CAFC site and log in through your browser. I've done it for every game this season. 
  • Options
    Another vote for “works fine on Samsung” here. Never had an issue using the TV web browser to log in and watch but definitely a good idea to have the laptop and HDMI cable ready just incase.
  • Options
    so so you don’t need a vpn on a smart tv?
  • Options
    Same here with my LG TV.  It wouldn't show the login screen either for FA Player for yesterday's womens match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you need a vpn to purchase the subscription to the match/season. Once you have that and login on your tv it doesn't care.
  • Options
    so so you don’t need a vpn on a smart tv?
    You don't need a VPN full stop. I have an IPTV app and watch every Charlton game and I don't own a VPN.
  • Options
    Whats iptv? 
  • Options
    same as Tel. the internet browser works fine on LG, just put the internet address in the address line and up it comes
  • Options
    My lg tv won’t do mirroring from my Apple desktop, but my old Sony tv used to allow it.
  • Options
    works on my LG tv
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Whats iptv? 

IPTV

Internet Protocol television is the delivery of television content over Internet Protocol networks. This is in contrast to delivery through traditional terrestrial, satellite, and cable television formats. Unlike downloaded media, IPTV offers the ability to stream the source media continuously. As a result, a client media player can begin playing the content almost immediately. This is known as streaming media.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Whats iptv? 
    IPTV you pay for the whole service direct to them at a fraction of the cost you would pay Sky/Virgin.

More closer to home watching us on this service no money goes to CAFC, unlike if you buy direct from the club.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Anyone with an AppleTV and iPhone/iPad: AirPlay works a treat.
    As does Google Chromecast
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    2121 said:
    Whats iptv? 
    IPTV you pay for the whole service direct to them at a fraction of the cost you would pay Sky/Virgin.

More closer to home watching us on this service no money goes to CAFC, unlike if you buy direct from the club.
    So its say £20 pm for all of sky and charlton games et al? And its legal?! 

What am i missing and why haven't i heard of it before? Thought i knew everything
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    2121 said:
    Whats iptv? 

What am i missing and why haven't i heard of it before? Thought i knew everything
    £20 per month, you aving a laugh. I pay £40 per year and get access to everything, films, box sets and live TV.

I use it for films and box sets, very rarely watch football including Charlton so whilst some posters say the club is losing out they are not with me as I would not pay to watch the lads on TV anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    2121 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    2121 said:
    Whats iptv? 

Yes it exists. No it's not legal (edit: or at best, a grey area for people who are subscribed).

Highly unlikely you'll personally get in trouble for having an IPTV subscription. Authorities tend to prefer to go after the distributors rather than the people watching.