Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mick Everett - retiring at the end of the 2021/22 season (p2)

Comments

• iainment said:
    Never met him. Not sure why someone who only did his job properly is given so much respect. 

Some people just don't get  it, do they.

• iainment said:
    Never met him. Not sure why someone who only did his job properly is given so much respect. 

Weird
  • edited May 2022
    iainment said:

That’s the whole point isn’t it. Some people do a job for years without making friends, or earning respect for actions above and beyond. Mick wasn’t one of those. 

Congrats on one of the oddest posts I’ve seen on CL btw.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Bloody firemen rescuing children from blazing houses. Won’t get no praise from me, it’s what they are paid to do. 
    Nurses caring for sick people, so what?

They get paid, don't they.
  • Have a long and happy retirement Mick, you deserve it.

I only spoke to you once when I complained about the 'blindgate' incident, but you handled it very professionally, thank you.
  • People moaning about Mick yet have never met him. Weird.

• Sponsored links:

• Mick is a legend, i would go as far as saying that without his input into the supporters clubs when we returned to the Valley we would not of seen the gate receipts needed to sustain and build the squad in the late 90's. He was instrumental in getting us the supporters clubs behind and organised for target 10,000, without him and his drive and dedication (all voluntary at the time) i dont believe we would have seen the premier league years. Have a great retirement Mick, hope you have many years enjoyment watching the boys now without the stress of matchday. 
  • iainment said:

Players are only doing their jobs by scoring goals or defending them but are vaunted as heroes, gods, idols.
  • edited May 2022
    iaitch said:
    iainment said:

Players are only doing their jobs by scoring goals or defending them but are vaunted as heroes, gods, idols.
    Anyone that cares about my safety when i'm at a game is a good egg in my book, thank you Mick for all you have done for the club.
  • iainment said:

Red card for iainment ! 

That makes twice in as many weeks that I've used the word DISRESPECT on here....both deserved IMO.
  • iainment said:

Red card for iainment ! 

That makes twice in as many weeks that I've used the word DISRESPECT on here....both deserved IMO.
    He is conspicuous by his absence since posting that rubbish……..

But well said Fanny 👏👏👏
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Look at me!
    Look at me!

🙄

As someone who worked in that environment (albeit with our neighbours in the toolbox) I know how much work is involved and not just on match days.
    I have never met Mick but know many who know him and I have NEVER heard a bad word said about him.

I hope he has a very long, very happy retirement and I hope one day I can buy him a beer.

You, Iainment, I hope I never meet.
    Well said 
  • I have never knowingly met you @iainment so I am not going to judge you, I am however genuinely intrigued as to your thought process in thinking that comment was either valid or a good idea? 
  • Happy retirement Mick. Seems you didn't just do your job properly but went above and beyond.
  • So, there’s only room for one opinion. As I said I never met him, never had any dealings with him and still don’t understand why this makes me the devil. But cliquism is alive and well here.
  • iainment said:
    So, there’s only room for one opinion. As I said I never met him, never had any dealings with him and still don’t understand why this makes me the devil. But cliquism is alive and well here.
    Oh do fuck off.

Perfectly put
  • iainment said:
    So, there’s only room for one opinion. As I said I never met him, never had any dealings with him and still don’t understand why this makes me the devil. But cliquism is alive and well here.
    Oh do fuck off.
    Fair enough I will. Debate is wonderful. You should try it.
  • You've said you don't know anything about him, fair enough, and people from all corners have explained how he's a legend. If you'd said "fair play" the world would be at peace. Instead you got eggy. Poor.
  • iainment said:
    It was an ignorant and disrespectful comment.
    Maybe read it again and see if you can at least try and understand.
    It's nothing to do with devils and cliques.
  • edited May 2022
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Oh do fuck off.
    Fair enough I will. Debate is wonderful. You should try it.
    I debate with intelligence.
    NOT ignorance.