Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 22nd January 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• ross1 said:
    lol not meant for you, just the system to get into the Valley
  • Injection of new personnel enough to secure a (laboured) 1 0 win for team JackSki.
  • Fleetwood in better form before this game. I hope JJ has worked some magic on the group this week to get a winning performance on Saturday. We need to show the type of energy we had against Sunderland and Plymouth to start earning three points again. 
    We know they have it in them so lets see it on Saturday.  2-0 to the Addicks.
  • Sage said:
    Good preview mate, these ones I always find difficult myself. Fleetwood aren't a great club to write about, they have had a change in manager themselves, but also we just don't know what the squad will look like tomorrow.

MacGillivray
    Clare Inniss Famewo
    Leko Gilbey Dobson Lee Purrington
    Aneke Washington

Henderson, Pearce, Castillo, Morgan, Jaiyesimi, Blackett-Taylor, Burstow

Charlton Athletic 2-0 Fleetwood Town
    Aneke
    Washington
    Yeah this is what I expect the team to be as well. Washington and Aneke are a really good forward pairing at this level. Just hope we get more quality and penetratiom through the middle. 
  • edited January 2022
    Do we need masks and vaccine passports today or have rules changed ?
  • Do we need masks and vaccine passports today or have rules changed ?
    Have faith in Jacko
    Definitely vax passport 
    The rules change on 27th January, so you will need a NHS Covid pass or proof of a negative test.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

• edited January 2022
    The last few teams we have played at home have let Pearcey have the ball as long as he wants. Maybe with Innis in there who can dribble and spot a pass, we will be on the front foot.

Just seen that Fleetwood have a game in hand and a win here will see them overtake us. Lets hope we can get equally motivated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to stuck between having to make changes because of the last performance and balancing that with having a settled team. 

I really can't see us saving anyone for Tuesday, I hope we don't.  Not having a game last week and not having a league game this week needs a bit of a rest. 

This is my team etc etc. We haven't got a league game after this for nearly 10 days, some of the teams below us are playing twice in that time.

I wouldn't say this is a must win but it's certainly a must not lose. 
  • I see the tide is turning on here. Up to last week it was all "a win today & if we go on a run top 6 is very much achievable". Now its "a must win game otherwise we'll be looking over our shoulders". 

The latter has unfortunately been more dominant for me over the past month. Let's just hope the return of Chuks can stem the tide & we can get enough points for mid table mediocrity.

1-1.
  • Not looking forward to this or a 1am bedtime.

Not sure what's gone wrong except we're a bit predictable and only play one system.  

We're usually better at home and there is Chuks until he gets injured.

So 1.0 Chuks 92

• Think we will be ok today and am hoping for a 2-0 win, but think it will end 1-0 Chuks
  • Back on track, 3-1 Charlton 
  • edited January 2022
    Gallen said Castillo is not match fit, so doubt we will see him today.
    'So, it’s something that’s been talked about for a few weeks and the Juan deal as it happens was actually done a few days ago, but we’ve only actually been able to get him in just now, so we have to give him a bit of time to get up to fitness, but I think he’ll come in and do well for us.”
  • edited January 2022
    clive said:
    The rules change on 27th January, so you will need a NHS Covid pass or proof of a negative test.

clive said:

Or alternatively, a photo of your arse or a Tesco receipt should do the trick given the level of scrutiny that is likely 😉
  • Southbank said:
    Gallen said Castillo is not match fit, so doubt we will see him today.
    'So, it’s something that’s been talked about for a few weeks and the Juan deal as it happens was actually done a few days ago, but we’ve only actually been able to get him in just now, so we have to give him a bit of time to get up to fitness, but I think he’ll come in and do well for us.”
    I read somewhere that Bowyer said that Castillo had very recently caught Covid, so it might not be a "fitness" issue but more a health one. 
  • Castillo reminds me when Jay DaSilva got signed (along with Lewis Page) to replace Morgan Fox in a January Transfer Window - Didnt see the former until about April time for some reason.
  • If we play like we did last Saturday, we'll lose. No organisation at the back, and aimless punts up the pitch, hoping Chuks can do something by himself.

Especially as Fleetwood have hit a great run of form...

• Sponsored links:

• I'll put up the Match Thread dreckly.

Give me a few minutes.

• You're doing a great job reffing so far Dave mate @cafcdave123 @Gribbo

:-)