Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rotherham [9/4/22] Advance Train Tickets

Advance Singles now on sale between Kings Cross/Doncaster in both directions priced at £15.40 [£10.15]
Day Return between Doncaster/Rotherham Central priced at £6.20 [£4.05]
Railcard fares in brackets.
Advance tickets are not yet available on the alternative route from St Pancras via Sheffield.

Comments

• Where are you finding those prices Clive?

The cheapest I can see is £40 return to Doncaster, with railcard.
  • Belv said:
    Where are you finding those prices Clive?

https://www.lner.co.uk/?utm_source=
  • edited January 2022
    clive said:
    Belv said:
    Where are you finding those prices Clive?

https://www.lner.co.uk/?utm_source=
    Top man, cheers.

Booked, paid a couple of quid extra to get the 18.19 from Doncaster.
  • 18.18 and 19.20 from Rotherham back to Doncaster.
    It will not be cheaper but an option may be to book a single to Doncaster then book a Sheffield to St Pancras ticket once they go on sale.
  • 18.18 and 19.20 from Rotherham back to Doncaster.
    It will not be cheaper but an option may be to book a single to Doncaster then book a Sheffield to St Pancras ticket once they go on sale.
    Short walk from ground, the 17.19 is easily doable. Back in the smoke by 8pm. Beautiful.
  • Belv said:
    18.18 and 19.20 from Rotherham back to Doncaster.
    Short walk from ground, the 17.19 is easily doable. Back in the smoke by 8pm. Beautiful.
    Hmmmm, nationalrailenquiries are not listing a 17.19........unless I'm going mad.
  • Belv said:
    Hmmmm, nationalrailenquiries are not listing a 17.19........unless I'm going mad.

• Belv said:
    Belv said:

Fantastic, thanks very much.
  • left it too late i would expect but any straight forward way of doing this for less than 50 quid ? 
  • left it too late i would expect but any straight forward way of doing this for less than 50 quid ? 
    Plenty of £35 returns to Doncaster at decent times. Only booked mine to Doncaster and will (pay) the Doncaster to Rotherham train on the day.
  • Sponsored links:

Stay in bed mate..
    Plenty of £35 returns to Doncaster at decent times. Only booked mine to Doncaster and will (pay) the Doncaster to Rotherham train on the day.
    both cafcs playing that way that day with crewe away to doncaster. 
    Stay in bed mate..
    not heading up mate? only going to tick it off 
    Stay in bed mate..
    Ahh fair enough, I ticked it off 2014 and again 2017 mate.  Think I’ll swerve.
    Stay in bed mate..
    the golden age of away games. 

runaway league winners against one of the most inept charlton sides i've ever seen and a 3 hour train with a change what's not to love!!

Stay in bed mate..

runaway league winners against one of the most inept charlton sides i've ever seen and a 3 hour train with a change what's not to love!!

On the other hand it's a chance to visit New York in the spring
    Stay in bed mate..

On the other hand it's a chance to visit New York in the spring

Start spreading the news.
  • It looks like there is a limited service between Doncaster & Rotherham in both directions with a 2 hour gap between trains between 11.35 & 13.35 towards Rotherham & 16.19 & 18.18 towards Doncaster, an alternative is to use the x78 bus service which runs every 20 minutes from Doncaster Frenchgate Interchange [b7] departing 10/30/50 minutes past the hour to Rotherham Interchange journey time about 45 minutes.

For the return journey buses depart Rotherham Interchange [a1] at 02/22/42 minutes past the hour.
  • FFS. Meant to be back on the Doncaster train at 5:50ish.
  • edited April 2022
    clive said:
    It looks like there is a limited service between Doncaster & Rotherham in both directions with a 2 hour gap between trains between 11.35 & 13.35 towards Rotherham & 16.19 & 18.18 towards Doncaster, an alternative is to use the x78 bus service which runs every 20 minutes from Doncaster Frenchgate Interchange [b7] departing 10/30/50 minutes past the hour to Rotherham Interchange journey time about 45 minutes.

For the return journey buses depart Rotherham Interchange [a1] at 02/22/42 minutes past the hour.

Alternatively, the South Yorkshire day pass(costs around £8.50) would allow Doncaster to Rotherham, train to Doncaster after the game via Sheffield.
    There is a 16.58 and a 17.46 from Rotherham.   There are 3-4 trains an hour from Sheffield ranging from 20-40 minutes journey time.
    Rotherham to Doncaster is 20 miles so a taxi could be an option, although expensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS. Meant to be back on the Doncaster train at 5:50ish.
    You was cutting that fine South west
  • Mine has me booked back to Donny via Meadowhall, as long as I get to see the Grand National I'll go from there! 
  • @roseandcrown is unable to travel and has forwarded me the train tickets.
    The train leaves Kings Cross at 9.33 to Doncaster, then on the return you leave Doncaster at 19.54, the tickets are free.  
    Please inbox me if you are interested.
  • Bump.

The tickets are still available.  We're going to win so worth the day out.
  • is the northern line shut between London Bridge and Kings Cross?

(if so - anyone know how far the walk is from Euston to KX)
  • is the northern line shut between London Bridge and Kings Cross?

(if so - anyone know how far the walk is from Euston to KX)
    Yes, about 7 minute walk.