Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charged by the FA - Crewe away

Comments

• Options
    Referee’s are so protected it’s unbelievable. 
  • Options
    Unless something happened off camera, I don’t think we did anything egregious? Obviously the players were upset at having a last minute equaliser ruled out, but I don’t really think it crossed any lines. 
  • Options
    If they going to the bother of making a statement, at least outline what the offence was
  • Options
    I can’t find anything about this on the FA website, so I assume it’s a wind up ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our players did surround the ref and linesman and I don't like seeing that on a football pitch so we deserve this.  However, Crewe players did the same so should also be up on a charge and the ref was probably the worst I have seen this season (ironically we benefitted as they should have had at least 2 pens) so he should be punished also. Odd the statement from the FA does not seem to include either of those.
  • Options
    How the ref allowed so many players, from both sides, around him I will never know.  I was so amazed with what I was seeing I posted it twice on the match thread.

All 22 of them knew he had completely lost control and any authority by then. 
  • Options
    How about bringing their refs in disrepute?  Stroud, Kettle and all the other wanks we have had this year. They cause ha;;f the issues by their incompetence
  • Options
    Is it me or is the fact that a fan walked on the pitch and pushed our player been really under-reported?

Its not often something like that happens, at any level. It seemed to just go under the radar rather than being reported as the story it should have been. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Relax. It will turn out that this was Cheltenham players. 
    Yeah, but there's players like that at every club!
  • Options
    Our players did surround the ref and linesman and I don't like seeing that on a football pitch so we deserve this.  However, Crewe players did the same so should also be up on a charge and the ref was probably the worst I have seen this season (ironically we benefitted as they should have had at least 2 pens) so he should be punished also. Odd the statement from the FA does not seem to include either of those.
    As soon as the ball crossed the line, one of the Crewe players sprinted over to the Lino shouting at him until he put his flag up, but I'm guessing that's allowed?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Is it me or is the fact that a fan walked on the pitch and pushed our player been really under-reported?

Its not often something like that happens, at any level. It seemed to just go under the radar rather than being reported as the story it should have been. 
    Under reported. I didn't know this happened until just now
  • Options
    I think Morgan could be in trouble as he confronted the spectator who pushed him away from the field of play. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what a bloody joke … absurd 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I was at the game.
    I am totally puzzled?
    At times, directly after the ref came over to talk to the lino, there were just as many Crewe players surrounding the ref and linesmen as there were Charlton and a bit of jostling and finger waving stuff went on but nothing of a serious nature whatsoever.
    More importantly a Crewe fan…..a tall man in his 40’s I’d say wearing glasses, came on the pitch and pushed Albie Morgan very hard and I do mean hard.….Albie turned and made to go after him but by that time the bloke was in the clutches of security personnel.
    So what’s happening about that?
  • Options
    As soon as the ball crossed the line, one of the Crewe players sprinted over to the Lino shouting at him until he put his flag up, but I'm guessing that's allowed?
    No, absolutely not. The ref was shit and should have carded a load of them and nipped it in the bud. It was poor form from both sets of players.
  • Options
    Just show the FA the video of the game and they can see how much of a joke the ref was FFS
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    How about bringing their refs in disrepute?  Stroud, Kettle and all the other wanks we have had this year. They cause ha;;f the issues by their incompetence
    The real problem is there are dozens of refs worse than them and a real lack of refs full stop. 

The solution is to employ 50 refs on really good money, paid for by the "football family" and actually make them accountable but make it worth while to ex pros and the such like. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    photo one. 4 Charlton players and 5 Crewe players.
    Photo two. Crewe fan approaching Morgan.
  • Options
    HandG said:
    photo one. 4 Charlton players and 4 Crewe players.
    Photo two. Crewe fan approaching Morgan.
    State of that lino. Are they not supposed to have a modicum of fitness? He looks like he’s called into the game on the way back from the pub.
    The abuse they take I’m surprised they can find anyone to do it.
  • Options
    I think perhaps they didn't realise we were playing in our Black kit on that occasion & charged the wrong team !