Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terry Skiverton - gone to AFC Wimbledon with Jacko (p10)

Comments

• Options
    Not enough info to know if good appointment or not. 

I will reserve judgement on impact he has on team in next 18 months. 
  • Options
    "Jacko and Skivo" oh dear god please let this be true.

Sounds like a shit 80's comedy about a couple of cheeky east london boys up to no good but damn it, you just love the little scamp's.

Leading cast...

Image result for jacko brush strokesSee related image detail
  • Options
    Knowing this squad, they'll down tools for Jacko completely and this new bloke will be manager by the end of the year.
  • Options
    "Jacko and Skivo" oh dear god please let this be true.

Sounds like a shit 80's comedy about a couple of cheeky east london boys up to no good but damn it, you just love the little scamp's.
    Or Soccer AM characters. 
  • Options
    Knowing this squad, they'll down tools for Jacko completely and this new bloke will be manager by the end of the year.
    Hopefully he can come in as caretaker at the end of the season and secure the few wins we need to stay up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome, Terry.
  • Options
    I'm going to wait until it's on the OS and JJ explains his reasons.

I really can't see this being a TS choice so assume Jackson has made this choice based on Skiverton's experience and skills but we shall see

Annoying to have another TS at the club to confuse things.
    If TS likes to be called Thomas, perhaps the new TS likes to be called Terry? :smile:

But please, no Terry Thomas.

• Options
    edited January 2022

I could be so good for you
    Just call me Skivo... B)
  • Options
    Why would he not be Jackson's choice?
  • Options
    should know all about the talent in the lower EFL and the National League .. he's an experienced football man and presumably his (as yet unconfirmed appointment) was endorsed by J J 
    A very good point I had not even considered.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Awaits Ronnie Moore to break the news in 4 days…
    Bully 
    Oh yeah I forgot about that. I’m having his dinner money tomorrow and will probably bogwash him well. 
  • Options
    We’ll it’s an improvement on the rumoured name I had heard so welcome Skivo
  • Options
    Always liked Terry Skiverton as a player. Think I signed him on Championship Manager once. Should add some experience for Jackson to lean on. Hope he can sort out a misfiring midfield as well
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    We’ll it’s an improvement on the rumoured name I had heard so welcome Skivo
    Do tell..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be good to have a fresh face overlooking the players, because we are getting stale again.
  • Options
    Welcome Skivvy.

I feel it's 100% JJ choice; that's why the negotiations went on so long for Johnnie to go from Caretaker to Full time. 

Lots of talented coaches lower down the League; Terry from Mile end can help as assistant manager and another Coach for the first team.
  • Options
    Why would he not be Jackson's choice?
    Don’t forget Martin Sandgaard knows all there is to know about football - or whatever the comment was. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Terry Skiverton if nothing else will scare a reaction out of some of the coasters we currently employ or they will truly show their colours and be an easy cut. I get the feeling if you graft he will love you and you him, I doubt he has any truck with lazy fuckers or dickheads which pleases me and it will give Jackson a bit of space from the players having an outside new influence 

I always hated us playing against him, he personally put Wagstaff back a couple of years when Pardew threw him in too early against Skiverton, old school ball winner and 50/50 king  

He is a well known and respected figure in football for good reasons and, like with Lee Bowyer, I don't think it hurts having a character like that around 
    To right, I honestly think if Andy Crosby had been brought in in the summer we wouldn't be in this mess.  We'll not all of this mess anyway. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Unexpected but some fresh experience from outside the Charlton bubble isn’t a bad thing. Hopefully Euell is cool with it. 
    Quite frankly I couldn't give a flying fuck what Euell thinks about it. 

Remember how successful Dowie and Adkins where when they had their backroom team appointed for them and were given some players?

Remember how much arsenal improved when Wenger just got given players?

Remember all those trophies Man United won after Fegie was told who his number 2 would be?

If this is, as I suspect, Jackson's choice we might finally be going down the right path.  If its not he will be gone well before May.  Pick the manager, back the manager and if it upsets some good chaps along the way so be it. 

I think the years of loyal service from Euell means we should “give a flying fuck what he thinks”. We shouldn’t change our decisions necessarily based on his opinions, but basic courtesy is in order.
    Necessarily?  It's nothing to do with him.

He either likes it, sucks it up and does his job or finds another job and leaves.  It's football he knows the score, he has been in the game 30 years. 

What's more important giving Jackson the tools to succeed or Euall's feelings?

I honestly think some fans would be happier with us in the 4th division with the "right chaps" than in the Premier league with a management team of Danny Murphy, Defoe and Scott Parker. 

I support Charlton, not the manager or anyone else.  If Charlton are successful I don't care who the manager is, who the coach is, who the assistant is, if they aren't I would rather someone else had a go. 

That’s the crux of it. 
  • Options
    Jacko must have endorsed this .  Maybe they did badges together.  Good news to have another coach on board 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Jacko must have endorsed this .  Maybe they did badges together.  Good news to have another coach on board 
    After all that time and legend status at Yeovil, it seems to me it would take quite an offer to prise him away. Either that or he knows Jacko well enough to think he’s doing the right thing.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    After all that time and legend status at Yeovil, it seems to me it would take quite an offer to prise him away. Either that or he knows Jacko well enough to think he’s doing the right thing.  
    Maybe he wanted to come back nearer family?