Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today’s Match Stream

Anyone else suffering from a lot of buffering viewing via Opera VPN?

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else suffering from a lot of buffering viewing via Opera VPN?
    Yes, it's been a bit crap today. Not that I mind missing large chunks of this dross
  • Options
    Yup, though could easily be a ropey connection here. Have had to refresh it a couple of times.
  • Options
    I have found closing the streaming page and going back to the welcome page helps, but might just be coincidence
  • Options
    Picture's great. Usual crap from the players.

And Terry.
  • Options
    Drop off every 5 minutes here. Not had these problems before.
  • Options
    Decent enough picture , shame cos we are beyond shit
  • Options
    Today was the first league game all season I haven’t been to OR bothered streaming. Sounds like the decision was very much vindicated. 
  • Options
    Constantly buffering - stream is usually excellent but very poor today just like the team!
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:

And Terry.
    Didn’t watch today but Terry absolutely did my head in on Wednesday and does most games. Every tackle on a Charlton player is a foul, every foul by us is a good challenge, every decision against us is wrong. I expect some bias but it’s way over the top. And that is before him mistaking players all the time. I know it’s not his profession but seeing as the rest of the production is so slick I’m more than a little disappointed with his commentary.
    Afraid my wife and I have the same reaction to Terry. Would be great if he could dial down on the bias.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we please let Ranieri do our commentary on the occasions Watford aren't playing. 
    At least we'd have a good laugh.
  • Options
    Buffered all game today . I don’t think I missed much though 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cloudworm said:

And Terry.
    Didn’t watch today but Terry absolutely did my head in on Wednesday and does most games. Every tackle on a Charlton player is a foul, every foul by us is a good challenge, every decision against us is wrong. I expect some bias but it’s way over the top. And that is before him mistaking players all the time. I know it’s not his profession but seeing as the rest of the production is so slick I’m more than a little disappointed with his commentary.
    Today he was banging on about their player elbowing ours and should have been sent off.
    He clearly didn't elbow him, but did catch him with his arm.
    But all my household agree with your post, he's like the really annoying fan that sits close to you talking bollocks every game. Sorry Terry, but that's the truth.

NB I watched on Opera and it was faultless.
  • Options
    Leave it out, I love Terry on comms, alright yes he gets things wrong & yes he’s biased but he’s a fan first like all of us. Some fans are just like it, they can’t help but be biased. It’s like when I get down the pub after a game, guaranteed there will be a few fans that won’t have it that we were just crap, it’ll be the refs fault, Lino’s fault, the opposition cheated etc. He’s just one of them, not a bad thing really. 
    Spot on.
    He gets thing wrong, he's very biased, he likes a fan not a commentator and unfairly blames officials etc.
  • Options
    Buffered throughout today. Had to refresh all game. I usually get the picture frozen during games but today was the worst experience. Maybe atmospherics?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Leave it out, I love Terry on comms, alright yes he gets things wrong & yes he’s biased but he’s a fan first like all of us. Some fans are just like it, they can’t help but be biased. It’s like when I get down the pub after a game, guaranteed there will be a few fans that won’t have it that we were just crap, it’ll be the refs fault, Lino’s fault, the opposition cheated etc. He’s just one of them, not a bad thing really. 
    Spot on.
    He gets thing wrong, he's very biased, he likes a fan not a commentator and unfairly blames officials etc.
    Greg Stubley is as big a fan as Terry but manages to balance his loyalty and objectivity perfectly.

Terry doesn't commentate on the match as much as on the officials' performances. It's really tiresome. 

I know he doesn't do it for a day job, but even these part-time media hobbyists should take the time to read the laws of the game they spend so much time passing comment on. Terry didn't even know the difference between a direct and indirect free-kick and how the ref indicates which has been given. Charlton Live gang are similarly ignorant.
  • Options
    no Curbs, no Minto .. will they be back ?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cloudworm said:

And Terry.
    Thank God I'm not alone. I get his passion he's a fan like the rest of us. But I try and watch the match even as a fan with an element of balance. I also find him way over the top with his criticism of officials, cheating by the other team but never ever mentions a cynical foul by a Charlton player, or heaven forbid time wasting by Charlton players or even some cheating. On the odd occasion he may mention a foul/time wasting etc commited by Charlton it's always justified by what happened to Charlton earlier or last week. It is a little tiresome.

I don't mind CharltonLive but I do find it amusing one of the regular contributors has yet to attend a game this season (as of December I believe)
  • Options
    I nipped over to Madrid to watch the match. Perfect picture throughout the game apart from the performance. Back in time to watch the villa v manure. 
    Terry gives it on how he sees it, and he is not necessarily watching the game as per the tv picture. I’m impressed that he doesn’t let the odd swear word out at some of the dross we’ve seen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Spot on.
    Greg Stubley is as big a fan as Terry but manages to balance his loyalty and objectivity perfectly.

Terry doesn't commentate on the match as much as on the officials' performances. It's really tiresome. 

I know he doesn't do it for a day job, but even these part-time media hobbyists should take the time to read the laws of the game they spend so much time passing comment on. Terry didn't even know the difference between a direct and indirect free-kick and how the ref indicates which has been given. Charlton Live gang are similarly ignorant.
    If that is true that is really poor
  • Options
    lonman said:
    Cloudworm said:

And Terry.
    Thank God I'm not alone. I get his passion he's a fan like the rest of us. But I try and watch the match even as a fan with an element of balance. I also find him way over the top with his criticism of officials, cheating by the other team but never ever mentions a cynical foul by a Charlton player, or heaven forbid time wasting by Charlton players or even some cheating. On the odd occasion he may mention a foul/time wasting etc commited by Charlton it's always justified by what happened to Charlton earlier or last week. It is a little tiresome.

I don't mind CharltonLive but I do find it amusing one of the regular contributors has yet to attend a game this season (as of December I believe)
    Charlton Live is an excellent podcast, really well put together and in Louis Mendez you have someone with a good round knowledge, good broadcaster and is a proper CAFC supporter.

Only downside is when any of the others are on the pod are are commenting on games they have not even watched, totally pointless.
  • Options
    lonman said:
    Cloudworm said:

And Terry.

Make your mind up mate...  :D

I had no problems with the picture in Portugal. I thought the coverage was better than the home games in some ways. No lingering on players warming up while the game was going on, or showing replays during the action. While I like the extra camera angles we get at the Valley, I would rather they got the basics right first.    
  • Options
    I very much enjoy both Terry's and Greg's contributions - thanks chaps
  • Options
    I very much enjoy both Terry's and Greg's contributions - thanks chaps
    Same here!  But it would annoy me if I supported the other team.

But this is exactly why streaming is here to stay - and it is different to watching a game on the BBC or Sky.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Spot on.

I don’t give a monkeys about whether you like my Brothers comms or not. That’s your opinion & you’re totally entitled to it.

But he most certainly does know this rule & how the ref indicates it, he’s had to explain it to our family members on more than one occasion 😜

I listen to him every game & honestly don’t remember this happening 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Spot on.

I don’t give a monkeys about whether you like my Brothers comms or not. That’s your opinion & you’re totally entitled to it.

But he most certainly does know this rule & how the ref indicates it, he’s had to explain it to our family members on more than one occasion 😜

I suggest you take up the matter with @Cloudworm who said it, I simply stated if that is true he does not know the law (not rule) then that is poor, and I would say that of anyone, hence why I said if it was true as I had my doubts.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Spot on.

And where on this thread gave i given an opinion your brothers commentary? I have only heard it once this season (Crewe away) as I have been  at all the other games bar Plymouth away (was out) and Gateshead away
  • Options
    If I had audio commentary only, I don't want to enjoy it, I want to know what is going on.