Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 15th January @ 3pm | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    That's it I've walked the dogs and had a shower.
    Time to get this show on the road.
    Cheltenham here I come. 
  • Options
    My first away game of the season.  Before Wednesday's debacle I was looking forward to it.

Surely we can't get a ref as incompetent as that joke v Crewe, can we?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I wonder if Chuks might play in behind the strikers eventually.   Anyway, I’d play:

McG

Clare, Innis, Akin

DJ, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, CBT

Chuks, Washington 
    Fairly sure Chuks will be on the bench
    Why would he be on the bench, he's coming to us match fit and has had a training session.
  • Options
    If we get nothing from the game today I’ll be getting seriously concerned. Our away results have been awful recently, and our overall form is dipping. I’d like to see JJ switching up the formation and tactics for away matches, as what we’re doing right now isn’t working. 
    Maybe Chuks will make a difference, but I’m wondering if we might also see a shake up in other areas today, with perhaps Gilbey, DJ or Lee being rested. 
    I’d give Clare a chance in midfield, with Inniss replacing him in defence. Anything to freshen things up. 
    We need to finish the season strongly in order to recruit quality players in the summer. Who’d want to join a club seemingly in decline?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I wonder if Chuks might play in behind the strikers eventually.   Anyway, I’d play:

McG

Clare, Innis, Akin

DJ, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, CBT

Chuks, Washington 
    Fairly sure Chuks will be on the bench
    Why would he be on the bench, he's coming to us match fit and has had a training session.
    It’s the Charlton way - Burstow to start with Washington, Chuks on the bench - come on at 60 mins, impact sub.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Feel a lot more positive now we have Chuks back.
    What's the betting he doesn't start.
    We really need to win this and get some momentum going.
    Anything less and I think attendances might start to plummet from hereon in
  • Options

Need a volunteer again to start and update the Match Thread.

I won't be able to do it in time.
    Sorry about this. 

(Many thanks to @lancashire lad for doing it last Wednesday)

• Options
    A 2-1 win Washington and Chuks
  • Options
    Would like to see AMB as a challenging No.2 next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Need a volunteer again to start and update the Match Thread.

I won't be able to do it in time.
    Sorry about this. 

(Many thanks to @lancashire lad for doing it last Wednesday)

I'll do it again just for today
  • Options
    Really foggy in the Cotswolds, but clear in Cheltenham
  • Options
    Not sure if to go through the trouble or VPN and paying for a stream after Wednesday… will probably succumb as usual. 

2-1 charlton. Purrington and Burstow. 
  • Options
    'This really will be a season to focus on the cup.'

We lost to Norwich.

As for the U23 Cup - there's as much value as winning the Combination (reserve) League that it has effectively replaced.

We have to win League games however much of a long shot it is. The higher we finish the easier it will be to attract new players.

If we focus on piss-pot cups then we resign ourselves to being established in the lower leagues.
  • Options
    'This really will be a season to focus on the cup.'

We lost to Norwich.

As for the U23 Cup - there's as much value as winning the Combination (reserve) League that it has effectively replaced.

We have to win League games however much of a long shot it is. The higher we finish the easier it will be to attract new players.

If we focus on piss-pot cups then we resign ourselves to being established in the lower leagues.
    Which was what Meire thought we should be doing. Have we just been finally worn down?
  • Options
    edited January 2022

No MacKeeper.

No Pearce.

The Mountain is the skipper.

Mount Chuks is back!!
  • Options

Commenting on the absence of Craig MacGillivray, Jackson told CharltonTV: “Henderson stays in goal; Macca is still away spending time with his family after the birth of his daughter."

Charlton: Henderson; Clare, Inniss (c), Famewo; Matthews, Morgan, Dobson, Lee, Jaiyesimi; Aneke, Burstow

Subs: Harness, Pearce, Purrington, Watson, Gilbey, Blackett-Taylor, Leko

• Options
    Win today and we could be 11 points from the play offs 
  • Options
    Oh well, nothing really to talk about with that side today and the changes from Wednesday.

I think it'll be a quiet afternoon ...

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson
    Clare - Innis - Famewo
    Dobson
    Matthews - Morgan - Lee - Jaiyesimi
    Burstow - Aneke
  • Options

Jackson had planned on managing Washington's minutes but he ended up doing the full 90 on Wednesday. Club say he has a minor niggle. #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) January 15, 2022
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Commenting on the absence of Craig MacGillivray, Jackson told CharltonTV: “Henderson stays in goal; Macca is still away spending time with his family after the birth of his daughter."

Charlton: Henderson; Clare, Inniss (c), Famewo; Matthews, Morgan, Dobson, Lee, Jaiyesimi; Aneke, Burstow

Subs: Harness, Pearce, Purrington, Watson, Gilbey, Blackett-Taylor, Leko

Fuck off , I left the hospital to watch Chelsea v Charlton a couple of days after my first was born …. 
    Get your priorities right 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!