Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six changes for Cheltenham?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    That's what I'd be doing, assuming no signings before the weekend.

Henderson -> CMG
    Clare -> Inniss
    Pearce -> Lavelle
    Famewo -> Gunter
    Purrington -> CBT
    Lee -> Morgan
    Leko -> Burstow

MacGillivray

Inniss Lavelle Gunter

Jaiyesimi Gilbey Dobson Morgan CBT

Washington Burstow
    Thank god you aren’t in charge ! 

Claire has been our best player over the last few games , 
    I wouldn’t have Morgan anywhere near the first team ,
    Lavelle isn’t fit and needs games in the 23’s before he can start and Gunter????  
    The words Jerk and Knee spring to mind . 
  • Options
    I reckon Sunday`s game took more out of our players than we had anticipated. Too many tired bodies and minds out there last night in that performance.

Not much rest now until Saturday so I fear a similar outcome. Not enough strength in depth either to change it up effectively. 

When can we expect to see Stockley back? Anyone heard any news?
    No news is bad news in this case . Although I don’t have any inside information , I have a horrible feeling this is long term . 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    the inconsistency of the squad is remarkable, almost as remarkable as how injury prone our players are .. Jackson must know by now what is his best 14/15 players and continually changing the starters is surely not what he wants (barring injury) to do .. the puzzle is to get some consistency into the team and perhaps more to the point, greater levels of fitness
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Macgillivray
    Matthews Pearce Inniss Famewo Purrington
    Gilbey Dobson Clare
    Washington Burstow

Too defensive? Maybe so but it beats being sloppy at the back and having wingbacks that can't defend or attack, at least these 2 can kind of help defensively

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Macgillivray
    Matthews Pearce Inniss Famewo Purrington
    Gilbey Dobson Clare
    Washington Burstow

Too defensive? Maybe so but it beats being sloppy at the back and having wingbacks that can't defend or attack, at least these 2 can kind of help defensively

I was thinking about Clare being moved back to midfield, paiibly in place of gilbey. The problem is that the candidates for the right sided defender are Matthews and lavelle, both not match fit
  • Options
    MacG
    Gunter, Innis, Famewo 
    Dobson
    CBT, Clare, Lee, Purrington 
    Washington, Burstow

Before you shout:

Gunter was playing okay till he had a spell out and Clare came in.

Some players clearly need a rest, I think we’re best positioned to give DJ, Pearce & Gilbey a rest, they looked slightly leggy last night.

CBT for DJ is fairly like for like, but why not anyway, give CBT a fair crack.

Clare has earned his chance to advance to midfield, it’s his natural position after all, and it’s something different.

Burstow to start over Leko I don’t think many will complain about that. 
  • Options
    I would give Clare minutes as the right wing back once all our centre halves are fit and available
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I would give Clare minutes as the right wing back once all our centre halves are fit and available
    Good shout but I thought that’s why Clare wanted away from Oxford because Robinson kept playing him there instead of central midfield 🤷‍♂️. Ah, here you go albeit full back rather than RWB.
    https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19458331.oxford-united-boss-sean-clares-charlton-athletic-move/
  • Options
    3-4-1-2

McG

Inniss - Pearce - Famewo

Clare - Dobson - Gilbey - Purrington

Leko

Burstow - Washington

No idea who would take the set-pieces, mind.