Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Hannam (@Addickted) - RIP [Funeral details page 11]

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Really really sorry to hear this.
    He pretended to play a set of bagpipes we got hold of when we played VFR on the pitch.
    A really good sport.
    Sincere condolences to his family.
    RIP Nick
  • Options
    RIP. Liked reading his posts. A sad loss for the CL community. Condolences to your family Ben.
  • Options
    RIP Nick
  • Options
    RIP Nick and all the best to you and the family Ben during this difficult time 
  • Options
    RIP Nick, fellow addick.
  • Options
    RIP, so sad and no age.

Never met but recognise the face.

Ben you can be proud of how respected and loved your Dad was from all these posts.
  • Options
    So sad
    RIP Nick
  • Options
    Very sad to hear this. I never spoke with Nick, but enjoyed his sense of humour on this site.
    My Condolences to Ben and the rest of Nick's family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stunned to read this.  I have known Nick since the early days of the Charlton Forums.  And in real life he would always stroll over for a chat when we bumped into each other home or away.
    RIP mate
  • Options
    Was Nick the guy blew the whistle on Ramirez when through on goal  in that crazy boro game?
  • Options
    Sad sad news. A regular over my years on CL. Thanks to Nick for all of his dedication to our club. Regards to all of his family and those that miss him. Never met knowingly but sounds a top bloke.
    RIP
  • Options
    Such very sad news.

I only ‘knew’ him from many years on NetAddicks and then here, but such a recognisable name whose opinion was always worth listening to and will be very much missed.
  • Options
  • Options
    Very sorry indeed to read of this sad news. 

Condolences to his family and friends. 
  • Options
    RIP Nick. Deepest condolences to his family.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s a great photo. 
  • Options
    Sure i was at that game i think we went 1-0 down after about 9 mins (Chic Bates), think Hales scored from a Kevin Dickenson cross in the second half, maybe mistaken.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Shrewsbury 10/10/81

Yes, sure Killer scored with a near post poach.

I think this very match cropped up in the great vol au vent debate (see below) think we got the old cattle truck from Euston, cost about a fiver.

•  I've been going for 51 years home and away at my own personal expense. No freebies, not even a vol au vent.

Objection! I’m sure I bought you, Addickted, Bilko and Doug a hot chocolate each when I won a tenner on a scratchcard on the train to Shrewsbury one year. 

A small act of philanthropy (first and last) in an otherwise selfish world....mind you said scratchcard probably cost more than the train fare. Still I’ve always got my Charlton shares to fall back on :-)

• Options
    On the road in the early 80s. RIP Nick mate
  • Options

They look well hard.
  • Options
    Whose who bollox?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Whose who bollox?
    Left to right Doug, @Bilko, Nick and @Big William