Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Photos of The Valley -clearup and construction

Found loads of my old photographs of The Valley. Some are pre the clear-up, some during and some once initial building work had commenced. 

Sorry about my scanner. Not the best!

Comments

• Found loads of my old photographs of The Valley. Some are pre the clear-up, some during and some once initial building work had commenced. 

Great pics - thanks for sharing...
  • Great photos. 
  • Great pictures - somewhere in my loft I too have my photos from that day (I hope). Great memories - thanks for sharing.
  • Always wondered why the old West stand was demolished so quickly when it still looked semi serviceable....I know the original grand plans ,but thought they was pie in the sky by the time we moved back. 
  • the old West stand, having been in it when in use and during the wilderness years as not salvageable. Seem to recall it was wood and in a poor condition. Would no doubt have never got a safety certificate. Cheaper also to knock down and rebuild. 
  • The roof was ok as it was done in the early 80s, but the rest of it was rotten, there had been a major fire in 87 or 88 I think which caused a load of damage internally.
  • great photo's - don't matter how many of these i see, i'm never on any of them despite being there 
  • the old West stand, having been in it when in use and during the wilderness years as not salvageable. Seem to recall it was wood and in a poor condition. Would no doubt have never got a safety certificate. Cheaper also to knock down and rebuild. 
    Didn’t we sell it to palace? 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Found loads of my old photographs of The Valley. Some are pre the clear-up, some during and some once initial building work had commenced. 

Is that you standing on your own on the pitch in pdf 1.2M?
    I remember you if it is (I think).
  • That’s me standing in the middle of the pitch pre the clean up days. As I have been going to most games since 1973, you must have seen me. At 6’4” I tend to stick out despite keeping a low profile!!
  • DOUCHER said:
    great photo's - don't matter how many of these i see, i'm never on any of them despite being there 
    I said the same! Honest guv I was there too! 
  • DOUCHER said:
    great photo's - don't matter how many of these i see, i'm never on any of them despite being there 
    I said the same! Honest guv I was there too! 
    Same here - Tom Morris snapped four of us hacking away at a tree but I've never seen the photo, having said that the light was very murky at the time. 
  • That’s me standing in the middle of the pitch pre the clean up days. As I have been going to most games since 1973, you must have seen me. At 6’4” I tend to stick out despite keeping a low profile!!
    I remember you from school. I have a good memory for faces and poor memory for names. 
  • Thanks for posting these. Some great pics there. A fantastic effort from all concerned. How many clubs could get that sort of response.
    I remember you from school. I have a good memory for faces and poor memory for names. 
    Roan. Good school but only really enjoyed 5th year and upper 6th. Much preferred working!