Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton calendar survivor

I've now received my annual Christmas gift of a Charlton calendar, and while this year's one functions terribly as an actual calendar, it's always a good way of ruining checking your schedule with a player who's decided to leave. Last year was a disaster; Alfie Doughty left in his month, Bowyer was gone by his, Marcus Maddison was August and we had so few players going into it that James Vennings was September. The year before that Gallagher was one of the months in the new year and I don't want to talk about it. So for this year, who do we think isn't going to be a Charlton player any more by the time their month comes around? Who seemed like a good idea to take a picture of at the time but will be a month of regret when we get there? Place your bets. Winner gets nothing.
January - Ryan Inniss
February - Alex Gilbey
March - Conor Washington
April - Jason Pearce
May - Diallang Jaiyesimi
June - Albie Morgan
July - George Dobson
August - Craig MacGillivray
September - Sam Lavelle
October - Jayden Stockley
November - Charlie Kirk
December - Sean Clare

Comments

• Kirk must be a strong candidate to not see he's month. Morgan second 
  • Poor old Ben Purrington didn’t even get a month. 
    Despicable stuff
  • Morgan and Kirk.
  • Morgan to go on loan this month and on the released list when it’s announced in May or June.

Can see Kirk going too.

The others should still be here.
  • Must be the first time in a long time we have had six 1st team players under contract to use past June.  
  • Will we take up the extra year with Inniss?
  • edited January 2022
    Morgan and Kirk.
    I agree. I also think the marketing dept are now actually thinking about this & not putting loan players or players out of contract in the summer on the calendar.

However, saying all that, there is usually one mainstay / surprise that doesn't make it so as a punt I'm saying DJ being sold/gone by the time his month is due.
  • edited January 2022
    What idiot designed a calendar with no room to write anything on???
    We need a calendar and was intending to buy one today from the Club Shop, but you are right its totally useless so thats money not going Charlton's way.
  • Sponsored links:

• What idiot designed a calendar with no room to write anything on???
    My rage knows no bounds. Why is the name of the month the same size as the pictures of the players? I know what bloody month it is, I just turned the page! I like that they've included the women's team but not at the expense of the calendar actually functioning as a calendar. 0/10
    It's been that way for decades, hasn't it?
  • Poor old Ben Purrington didn’t even get a month. 
    Odd kid from Harry Enfield would have picked him as his favourite player 
    Who knows mate, I really can’t keep up with all the things I get outraged by these days 
    that makes two of us .. at least
    Im now outraged for all the previous years as well, thank god theres Cockapoo calendars available.
    Who knows mate, I really can’t keep up with all the things I get outraged by these days 
    that makes two of us .. at least
    I’m just sick to death of people who get outraged by all this stuff. It makes my blood boil!!
  • Might have been good to alternate between men's and womens team players or a joint pic for each month. 
  • The Kirk and Morgan pictures may need a new face stuck on. 
  • edited January 2022
    Morgan and Kirk.
    I agree. I also think the marketing dept are now actually thinking about this & not putting loan players or players out of contract in the summer on the calendar.

However, saying all that, there is usually one mainstay / surprise that doesn't make it so as a punt I'm saying DJ being sold/gone by the time his month is due.
    No offence, Golfie, but it does make me laugh when people talk about the “marketing department”. Where would their office be?

Charlton is a small business once you take the football side and matchday staff out. The calendar is a minor item.

Communications, probably, will come up with a list of players that are lower risk (we were doing this 20 years ago), but the lead times are so long that it’s always guesswork. I doubt if it’s put together later than October. More likely September.

The design brief looks to have been flawed to me - Mrs Airman, whose background is in print production, made the same comment re the lack of writing space.

• Sponsored links:

Happened in an episode of the Apprentice
  • Charlton Athletic calendar for January

2021: Alfie Doherty (No to a new contract)
    2020: Lyle Taylor (Refuses to play after season restarts)
    2019: Josh Cullen (Play off winner) 
    2018: Jay Da Silva (Player of the year)
    2017: Ademola Lookman (Sold to Everton on the 5th of Jan)
  • shirty5 said:
    Charlton Athletic calendar for January

It's not looking good for Rachel Newborough then!
  • shirty5 said:
    Charlton Athletic calendar for January

2022: Ryan Inniss to Barcelona

• January - Ryan Inniss - he'll still be on the books come May, we just won't see much of him at all
    February - Alex Gilbey - hopefully we see lots of him through to May and beyond
    March - Conor Washington - as AG
    April - Jason Pearce - no chance he'll have left, hopefully we'll see only cameos from JP
    May - Diallang Jaiyesimi - he'll probably remain a regular under JJ
    June - Albie Morgan - doubt we'll see him in league matches
    July - George Dobson - first name on the team sheet
    August - Craig MacGillivray - 2nd name on the team sheet
    September - Sam Lavelle - see RI we might be seeing him a bit more at the start of next term
    October - Jayden Stockley - see AG & CW
    November - Charlie Kirk - happy to see him turn up for some other mob before the end of this season, no chance he's starting next season with us
    December - Sean Clare - if the squad is anything like properly balanced I'm not sure where he fits in, sobering indeed that he's by far our best right sided defender, who's actually available, be sad if he's not still with us this time next year.