Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New date set for Crewe Alexandra trip - Wed 12/01/2022 7:45pm

edited December 2021 in General Charlton
Charlton’s Sky Bet League One fixture away at Crewe Alexandra has been rearranged to Wednesday, January 12th (7.45pm).
Tickets for the rearranged match at the Mornflake Stadium will go on sale in due course.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61cc39b1d4fb7/new-date-set-for-crewe-alexandra-trip

Comments

• Options
    I'll be there!  One hour from me!
  • Options
    Surprised it's been slotted in so early

That makes a really busy 2 week period with games on the 1st, 4th (Pizza Cup), 9th (FA Cup), 12th and 15th
  • Options

That makes a really busy 2 week period with games on the 1st, 4th (Pizza Cup), 9th (FA Cup), 12th and 15th
    If most of the squad are fit and available then that’s the perfect schedule to kick start the year.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    I'll be there!  One hour from me!
    20 minutes for me :)
  • Options
    Tricky one date wise, was hoping this would be February or March so we can book with more confidence.

Will be a hotel stayover for me if so, ideally ticking off a new golf course as well.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Tricky one date wise, was hoping this would be February or March so we can book with more confidence.

Will be a hotel stayover for me if so, ideally ticking off a new golf course as well.
    And even without worries about cancellations, with the current Omicron situation I don't really want to travel more than I have to, especially with the Cheltenham game just 3 days later
  • Options
    clive said:
    There are two trains from Crewe to London after the game, dep 21.54 arr 00.58 or dep 22.01 arr 01.14.
    The ground is 5 minutes walk to station.
    That 21.54 is a bit dangerous if there is any hold up as you have a 7 minute change over at Northampton.
  • Options
    Hands up who is going to be going to the Whitby Morrison ice cream stand?

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/gresty-road-crewe-alexandra.html
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Just seen this on Facebook don't know if it's relevant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully be on valley pass in the uk.
  • Options
    I’ll be going. 🙂
  • Options
    Belv said:
    clive said:
    There are two trains from Crewe to London after the game, dep 21.54 arr 00.58 or dep 22.01 arr 01.14.
    The ground is 5 minutes walk to station.
    That 21.54 is a bit dangerous if there is any hold up as you have a 7 minute change over at Northampton.
    Travelodge opposite the station.  Don't worry.
  • Options
    Yeah it will be
  • Options

If most of the squad are fit and available then that’s the perfect schedule to kick start the year.
    If they are fit and available on the 1st half of them will be crocked by 15th is my worry.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I’m caught in 2 minds, between 

1) New ground syndrome (wanting to go)

2) Having to take 2 days holiday to go to this one ( Not wanting to go)

3) Paying 10 quid to watch it on Valley Pass ( not wanting to go).

4) Having to book an overnight stay ) Not wanting to go - prefer my own bed!!)
  • Options

That's 4 minds.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

That's 4 minds.
    Exactly!!
  • Options
    I've booked my train ticket. Will be a late one back to London, but seeing as I'm working from home again I can enjoy a lie in 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I've booked my train ticket. Will be a late one back to London, but seeing as I'm working from home again I can enjoy a lie in 
    Which train home have you gone for? I'm still in 2 minds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    Got an off peak return for £56 (with Railcard) on Trainline.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:

That valid for either train home?

Just I notice the 21.54 is WMR and the 22.01 is Avanti. Leaning towards just booking the 21.54 as can get for just under £30.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:

I saw that but then went to split ticketing and got a return for £22 with a railcard
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:

That valid for either train home?

Just I notice the 21.54 is WMR and the 22.01 is Avanti. Leaning towards just booking the 21.54 as can get for just under £30.
    Yeah valid for either. 
  • Options
    matt88 said:
    Croydon said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:

I saw that but then went to split ticketing and got a return for £22 with a railcard
    I paid the extra just so I can refund it if I don't end up going (players with covid, me with covid, behind closed doors etc). Think advance singles can only be changed, not refunded. 
  • Options
    I've just booked my train tickets for this one and then went on our website to buy a match ticket only to find they're not on sale yet. Does anyone know when they will be available ? 
  • Options
    I reckon there will be an announcement tomorrow, I doubt either clubs' office staff have been functioning fully over new year. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I reckon there will be an announcement tomorrow, I doubt either clubs' office staff have been functioning fully over new year. 
    I appreciate the reply, thank you. I went onto the Crewe site and they're selling tickets for the home areas. I am sure you're correct and we'll be able to buy from tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Mornflake Stadium? bloody hell 
  • Options
    The club are putting tickets up for sale on January 13th apparently.