Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

YouTube Video - Charlton v Palace - Fact or Fiction

edited December 2021 in General Charlton
A YouTube video featuring Charlton v Palace randomly popped up on my account as a suggestion but I cant work out if it’s fact or fiction  🤔  

https://youtu.be/jlWkicqOr-I

Comments

• Options
    Struggled to watch that. Weird guy. Surely some of the alleged 200 Charlton in the wicked witches pub of Greenwich (?) post on here and can corroborate his ramblings..
  • Options
    DNHOTYA. 
    What a complete load of bollocks. 
    The Wicked Witch pub in Greenwich - well I've never heard of it.
    Ran from there to The Valley - leave off, typical Palace wanker. 
  • Options
    Walter Mitty.
  • Options
    Complete and utter rubbish 
  • Options
    What a fucking dopey prick! 

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Jesus. Bloke's about 50 and comes across as 12.

Pub doesnt exist. The "story" is fucking awful, even if it were true, which it clearly isnt. If you're gonna make something up then put a bit more effort into it. 

D- . Must try harder. Detention after your next therapy session.
  • Options
    Why do people do this rubbish? Nothing is more painful watching and listening than a middle age man spouting nonsense like this. 
  • Options
    I skimmed through it, total bollocks, but was there a point where his group were supposed to have declared they were Millwall fans in order to effect an escape from the non existent pub?
    Deluded, even tried to include a route map.

• Options
    DNHOTYA. 
    Wasn't that the name of the pub (at one time) just outside Greenwich station, now St Christophers or something like that.
  • Options
    Fella genuinely needs help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t think I’m going to waste my time watching this. 
  • Options
    This is superb hahaha!!!!! Jean Claude Van Damne....alright mate haha! Did the guy who got a kicking really physically shit himself? And more importantly, why would you post a video about you getting your heads kicked in and being run to the ground, after pretending to be Millwall? Looking forward to the next episode, this is absolute gold! The pub looks nice from the outside though.
  • Options
    Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan? More like Steve Backley with the distance and height he got outta that pool cue.

• Options
    Alas Smith and Jones did a story about this bloke years ago…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1fC6WUOCnA
  • Options
    I don’t think I’m going to waste my time watching this. 
    You should do, it’s an education. Someone needs to post this on a Palace forum. They will love it 
  • Options
    If there was a Wicked Witch pub outside Greenwich Station, or anywhere else in the Borough it’s news to me all of us.
    The same nutter seems to have a similar video about an England/Scotland match, but the wise amongst us won’t waste time looking at that.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    We all know people who are known to be bullshitters. I have a close friend who was renowned for it when he was younger and he still gets mercilessly ripped to pieces about it. But my mate matured and stopped doing it.

I feel like this guy has spent years telling a small group of friends a bunch of tall tales and never been called out by them, one of them has sarcastically said he should do a YouTube channel with all his stories and he’s thought his mate was serious.
    Either that or all his mates are halfwits and they believe him, encouraging him in his tales and causing him to start believing his own fucking bollocks stories.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    We all know people who are known to be bullshitters. I have a close friend who was renowned for it when he was younger and he still gets mercilessly ripped to pieces about it. But my mate matured and stopped doing it.

I feel like this guy has spent years telling a small group of friends a bunch of tall tales and never been called out by them, one of them has sarcastically said he should do a YouTube channel with all his stories and he’s thought his mate was serious.
    Either that or all his mates are halfwits and they believe him, encouraging him in his tales and causing him to start believing his own fucking bollocks stories.
    This is it, you can tell he's literally convincing himself/reinforcing as he spouts all this nonsense.

I found it a mixture of hilarious, cringeworthy and infuriating. The earlier post about his mannerisms being very Palace was spot on also. What a weirdo.
  • Options
    FFS. Even if any of it was true, what sort of cock makes a video about it, even if it is for an American audience desperate to import some "soccer culture" into their insipid sporting lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DNHOTYA. 
    Wasn't that the name of the pub (at one time) just outside Greenwich station, now St Christophers or something like that.

It used to be the Prince of Orange, my memory is fading fast but I'm sure it was never The Wicked Witch
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Cass Pennant, eat your heart out 😳
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I skimmed through it, total bollocks, but was there a point where his group were supposed to have declared they were Millwall fans in order to effect an escape from the non existent pub?
    Deluded, even tried to include a route map.

They were probably pretending to be West Ham fans that were pretending to be Millwall fans to give us a bad name. 
  • Options
    Nah, they were Portsmouth supporting journalists pretending to be West Ham fans pretending to be Millwall fans.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    That picture of The Wicked Witch pub is in Stamford Lincolnshire!
    There has never been a pub of that name in SE London.
    Guys a complete liar and wanker to boot..….no surprise there! 🤥🤥🤥
  • Options
    The guy does post in a reply to the video that "WE CHANGED THE PUB NAME TO STOP ANY ADVERSE REACTION"
  • Options
    7:50-8:12 was my personal highlight of the video.
  • Options
    The guy does post in a reply to the video that "WE CHANGED THE PUB NAME TO STOP ANY ADVERSE REACTION"
    I didn't bother watching to the end or reading comments. 

He has been found out as a knob head and trying to cover up. If he really didn't want to say what pub it was, why not just say that he walked into a pub full of Charlton?

I would love to have seen him catch a punch though, that's a skill I've only seen in Hollywood. 
  • Options
    I didn't bother watching to the end or reading comments. 

He has been found out as a knob head and trying to cover up. If he really didn't want to say what pub it was, why not just say that he walked into a pub full of Charlton?

I would love to have seen him catch a punch though, that's a skill I've only seen in Hollywood. 
    But for someone on leave from undercover work in Belfast it would be easy. 😉