Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Toasted Sandwich / Paninis Maker

2»

Comments

• The best toasted sandwiches are made in a frying/saute pan.
    Oh my days, heart attack city here I come!
    Oh my days, heart attack city here I come!
    No oil involved. Same premise as using a toastie press machine but you do one side at a time. Far better end result.
  • I used to use my George Foreman grill .. did/does a decent job, BUT the grill is a right horror to clean !!
  • edited December 2021
    Off_it said:
    Surely a proper toasted sandwich is one with the edges sealed? Otherwise it's just toast?
    Define sandwich - 

sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread,

The fact the bread is toasted is immaterial. I suspect that the sealed edges aspect is a consequence of the heated / melted filling oozing out of the sides, when the toasted sandwich is made in a toasted sandwich maker.

• Why do I need to define "sandwich" when I'm talking about a proper toasted sandwich?
  • Off_it said:
    Why do I need to define "sandwich" when I'm talking about a proper toasted sandwich?
    Because a toasted sandwich is still a sandwich. What do you think they were called before the machines arrived ? 
  • Off_it said:
    Why do I need to define "sandwich" when I'm talking about a proper toasted sandwich?
    Because a toasted sandwich is still a sandwich. What do you think they were called before the machines arrived ? 
    I know what a sandwich is. That isnt the question though, is it. We are talking about what is a toasted sandwich.

But I'll leave it there. You're clearly on some sort of mission here, which is quite frankly baffling. Perhaps too much Christmas sherry.
  • Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    I know what a sandwich is. That isnt the question though, is it. We are talking about what is a toasted sandwich.

But I'll leave it there. You're clearly on some sort of mission here, which is quite frankly baffling. Perhaps too much Christmas sherry.
    I don’t think you do. What’s “a proper toasted sandwich exactly? 
  • Actually, you're quite correct. I have no idea what a sandwich is.

But it sounds like you're missing a few.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Actually, you're quite correct. I have no idea what a sandwich is.

But it sounds like you're missing a few.
    Brilliant.👍 and not entirely wrong
    I tried this at lunchtime and I would say the bread does toast very evenly. Trouble is they lose a lot of heat while you're doing the second side. Not bad, but I think I'll stick to the Foreman.  
  • have a row over cheese toasties
  • I use the little brown bags that you pop in your conventional toaster. Much simpler altogether 
    Everyone:
    ”MUCH SIMPLER”

© Airplane, 1980

😎
  • Off_it said:
    Surely a proper toasted sandwich is one with the edges sealed? Otherwise it's just toast?
    100%. Crispy round the edges and when you bite into it, it's like lava and takes a layer of skin off the roof of your mouth.

• This really should be the top rated thread on here. 
    Although there’s something clearly wrong with every post above mine that doesn’t clearly mention Worcester sauce….
  • Fumbluff said:
    This really should be the top rated thread on here. 
    Although there’s something clearly wrong with every post above mine that doesn’t clearly mention Worcester sauce….
    Cheese, Cherry tomatoes which come out at 2000 degrees and Worcester sauce 😋
  • Bought a toasted sandwich maker in Morrisons for £7.00,yesterday,does the job ok
  • Bought a toasted sandwich maker in Morrisons for £7.00,yesterday,does the job ok
    Did you use thick or thin slice?
  • Sponsored links:

Did you use thick or thin slice?

Bagel or Panini?