Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Threads 2021 - Xmas Dinner (aka Rate My Plate)

No anonymous entries this year, but if you are prepared and brave enough to put your Xmas dinners up for the unknown verdict of admiration or abuse, then fire away!!!

Comments

• Options
    ads said:

On a diet so blue skins only and vegan mayo, forgot the bread and shopping
     With a side of Santa's sweaty meatballs by the looks of things
  • Options
    Plates ready
  • Options
    Cooked by me, dished up by the Mrs. 
    All home cooked and fresh. On the plate (although alot is hidden) is Turkey, Pigs in Blankets, Brussels cooked in butter with bacon , Roasted Carrots and Parsnips, Roast Potatoes, buttery mash, Stuffing, Broccoli, Yorkshire puds and Gravy!
    Is it too soon to start the Yorkshire puddings with Christmas dinner controversy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All home cooked and fresh. On the plate (although alot is hidden) is Turkey, Pigs in Blankets, Brussels cooked in butter with bacon , Roasted Carrots and Parsnips, Roast Potatoes, buttery mash, Stuffing, Broccoli, Yorkshire puds and Gravy!
    Sparing a thought for those poor families that don’t have enough plates so have to use pizza bases at Xmas  ❤️

🤣🤣 that made me chuckle. Its actually a nandos plate that I somehow procured a few years ago.... only plate that was big enough haha
  • Options
    Lovely bit of beef so yes Yorkshire puds allowed
    Definitely allowed … in fact, compulsory 
  • Options
    ads said:

On a diet so blue skins only and vegan mayo, forgot the bread and shopping
     With a side of Santa's sweaty meatballs by the looks of things
    Yes, got them in Poundland, the box said 'Incredible Festive Red Knackers-Just add Batteries,Fags and Gin'. Going to take them back, a bit wetherspoony
  • Options
    I'm afraid to ask...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrs done well this year. 
    Raw food diet?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

FFS, part BBQ, part Christmas. And is the plate designed to look dirty?   ;)

Some credit however for the stolen napkins.
  • Options
    Lovely bit of beef so yes Yorkshire puds allowed
    I see you have gone traditional with roast beef. Impressive.
  • Options
    Mrs done well this year. 
    No she didn't.
  • Options

Definitely in need of some carrots for colour balance if nothing else..
  • Options
    Think Christmas Dinner is like art, it is open to interpretation and to individual taste. For me everything is optional if it is what you want. I personally want meat, pigs in blankets, sprouts, carrots, stuffing and roast potatoes and parsnips. Lashings of gravy is an obvious accompaniment, think Yorkshire Puds are acceptable with anything even a salad.
  • Options
    Reminds me of the classic line from Morecambe and Wise...

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order".
  • Options

That looks rather good 
  • Options
    BDL said:

As cooked by Mrs BDL. Bloody awesome!
    Parralleloplate 👍🏻