Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We do a lot of things right!

We have had a lot of doom and gloom at Charlton these past few years,  and hopefully we are now on an upward curve. We can also argue amongst ourselves over some really trivial things sometimes too. And yet we still do so much right. As its nearly Christmas I am going end 2021 with a positive post. Our community work, the way we support any of our own in times of hardship/ill health is so uplifting, as is the many many other great things our club does week in week out. The clip re the community event where people on their own can come and make friends etc is another recent fine example.  I post today as I have just seen the wonderful Upbeats story re their catering outlet in the North Lower. This clip of them with Thomas etc warms my heart. We sit in the lower Covered end and somehow missed this - we don't make it past the two bars at the tunnel end tbh on Matchday. However I shall now make a conscious effort to go and sample their wares - burgers coming soon apparently ! Well done the Upbeats, well done the club/Thomas, and well done everyone else involved with all the good things our great club does. I am sure with JJ in charge things on the pitch will keep improving too. Happy Christmas to everyone. 

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic, I bloody love the upbeats. 
  • Options
    Love the upbeat story, that is proper community work as in use the skills of a community to develop nd promote that community.  Good stuff.

Totally agree - The Upbeats are my second side, bordering on parity!

They are the best example of what our wonderful club is all about.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thank you for bringing this into my day.
  • Options
    I noticed the new kiosk at the Ipswich game. Didn't buy anything as I was having a beer though. Wonder if it's worth putting a collection box on the bar if they are allowed too, as I would have gladly parted with my loose change in the aid of a good cause. Maybe there are rules against that though?
  • Options
    Great post. Thank you.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I noticed the new kiosk at the Ipswich game. Didn't buy anything as I was having a beer though. Wonder if it's worth putting a collection box on the bar if they are allowed too, as I would have gladly parted with my loose change in the aid of a good cause. Maybe there are rules against that though?
    Who carries loose change these days ?
  • Options
    Another endorsement - brilliant Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is what CAFC is about. More than a football club. Absolutely brilliant 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

Everybody over 45 ?
  • Options
    Some great community work.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    YTS1978 said:

Everybody over 45 ?
    Oi! I'm 43 you cheeky fucker haha! I appreciate youngsters don't do "coinage" anymore,  but thought it worth consideration. Happy Xmas and COYA 😀
  • Options
    Wonderful project, involving wonderful people.
  • Options
    Just been a segment on Soccer Special about the community trust.
    Brilliant.
    The gorgeous fella who lost his wife of 50yrs had me in bits.
    I wanna give him a cwtch ♥️
  • Options
    Sean Clare is vegan. Cool.
  • Options
    Really good idea from the club. Shame I usually get stuck with a terrible hot dog and a luke warm Heineken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Sean Clare is vegan. Cool.
    Good stuff. I didn't know that Vegan food was available within the ground.

The Forest Green players and staff will appreciate that next season.
  • Options
    Hopefully the scenario will be them promoted and us not relegated.
  • Options
    Great clip - Onion Bhaji burger is a winner for me!
  • Options
    Is it open every home game? Fancy trying the Bhaji burger today 
  • Options
    That vegan burger looks good 
  • Options
    The thing that gets me about that Sean Clare bit- surely no one leaves the little wooden stick thing in while they're biting into the burger do they?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I know it is a small digression but we do Cat 1 medical calls on the fire engine these days. Anyone unconscious, having a fit, cardiac arrest or catastrophic bleed is likely to get a fire engine in Kent before an ambulance.  Anyway in my village there is a charity that houses people with development needs or syndromes whose family can no longer provide care for them 
    Kevin is a regular face around the place in his Chelsea kit and has been for as long as I can remember.  Anyway he collapsed and we were called, we arrived about 20 minutes before the ambulance and had time to take in the fact his room was a shrine to Chelsea, duvet set and posters galore.  One wall was painted a dark royal blue colour, the paint had been sent by Chelsea at the end of last year when the carers contacted them saying Kevin was about to turn 61 and was moving into a new bedroom to better suit his needs.  They wanted an old poster or something that he could have on a wall, they sent some of their official paint that they paint the changing rooms and corridors with. Even soulless giant clubs can have a heart.