Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

On this day in 1957, the Addicks staged the greatest comeback of all time against @htafc !

63' | 5-1 down with 10 men
90' | 7-6 winners! On this day in 1957, the Addicks staged the greatest comeback of all time against @htafc!
Remember one of The Valley's greatest ever games with the late, great Derek Ufton...

YES, I WAS THERE

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    90' | 7-6 winners! On this day in 1957, the Addicks staged the greatest comeback of all time against @htafc!
    Remember one of The Valley's greatest ever games with the late, great Derek Ufton...

YES, I WAS THERE

So was I with the other 120K ;-)
    and still room in the West Stand for a few more ...
  • Options
    Dad was there too.

Now and again fans are served up a game of legend status. For me it was Barnsley 0-6 Charlton, when I happened to take the wife and visiting father-in-law and a Swedish Charlton supporter he became. 
  • Options
    Despite it being our lowest attendance of the season, OohAh was impressed with the Terriers turnout 
  • Options
    I wonder if Huddersfield remember this game as much
  • Options
    Despite the win Golfie was concerned about the quality of our defenders, and made the point that we were simply not good enough.
    At half time Golfie was saying he couldn't see where our goals were going to come from.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was there in the covered end and i think most of goals were up the other end.It was my first game
  • Options
    I walked out after 63 minutes, ripped up my season ticket, went home and kicked the cat. 
  • Options
    I was at home playing with my Bill and Ben puppets.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

ross1 said:

YES, I WAS THERE

I was there although only 3 years old, finished my early shift in the Royal Arsenal, jumped on a tram to the Victoria & had a few pints, had a bit of a barney with a mob from the cowshed, hurled abuse at those lazy good for nothing not fit to wear the shirt fuckers & at the final whistle hailed the greatest team that you have ever seen. A turn around better than even Jackos
  • Options
    I was there, it was a day I never will forget.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I was there in the covered end and i think most of goals were up the other end.It was my first game
    I was in the open end and agree with you. Anyone who was there, must be over 64
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    @ricky_otto looks 64.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    ross1 said:

I really don't need reminding of that fact!! I could have been there (but wasn't as I was only 6 months old!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    My first game was in March 1958…..three months later, so I just missed it.😕
    I was 9 when the 7-6 was played and 10 when I saw my first game.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    My comment above was a joke, I was only 2 months old. My dad was at the game though.
  • Options
    Huddersfield are still the only team in the Football League to score 6 goals and lose.
  • Options
    I walked out after 63 minutes, ripped up my season ticket, went home and @blackpool72 killed my cat.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    I bet the Huddersfield coach back oop north was awash with cash nicked off the bookies after that one!
  • Options
    The stand is magnificent looking. I've never seen a stand like it before. The roof looks like terraced houses 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    The stand is magnificent looking. I've never seen a stand like it before. The roof looks like terraced houses 
    I think I read somewhere that we bought that stand from Aldershot. Might be wrong though. 
  • Options
    A 16 year old Dennis law was in the stand that day as a reserve.