Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th December 2021

edited December 2021 in Not Sports Related
Today's game at Argyle is the big one for me in my calendar, so I'm gutted that I can't be there - having had to get to France in a hurry. Consolation prize: at least I can watch it on Charlton TV.

The big news: Jacko is permanent manager. Everybody should be happy, the players, Thomas through to the tea lady.
Rumours that we may have a player or two missing.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Pearce (c), Souaré; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Leko, Stockley

Subs: Harness, Gunter, Inniss, Watson, Morgan, Kirk, Burstow

Charlton TV starts at 2.15. Old favourite Garry Nelson, who of course plied his trade at both Charlton and Argyle is the special guest today alongside Scottie and Curbs in the studio.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    Eyes upon you, on adrenaline… and determined for a clean sheet win.
  • Options
    Has Nelse still got a 100% win record?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Think i had better start by apologising for given you all stress about Stockley being out, misheard my mistake, but with Washington and Famewo out still not good, could be a toughie, but still think we will win..good to see Inniss back in the squad B)
  • Options
    Has Nelse still got a 100% win record?
    Seems he was in the studio for the trip to Oxford
  • Options
    Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Pearce (c), Souaré; Jaiyesimi, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Purrington; Leko, Stockley

Subs: Harness, Gunter, Inniss, Watson, Morgan, Kirk, Burstow
  • Options

🔴 Two changes as Jaiyesimi and Souaré start
    🔴 Famewo, Washington & Davison missing after returning positive COVID-19 tests
    🔴 Inniss returns to the bench

🔴⚪ #cafc | https://t.co/f36HsGcQDw

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) December 18, 2021
  • Options
    Fair play to Jacko. Could have probably got that called off, but not fair on the fans.
  • Options
    Pape Souaré and Diallang Jaiyesimi both start this afternoon’s Sky Bet League One encounter at Plymouth Argyle (3pm) as manager Johnnie Jackson makes two enforced changes.

The duo replace Akin Famewo and Conor Washington who, along with Josh Davison, have returned positive tests for COVID-19.

Elsewhere, Ryan Inniss returns to the matchday squad for the first time in almost four months, with Nathan Harness, Chris Gunter and Mason Burstow also named on the bench.

Craig MacGillivray continues in goal, with Sean Clare and Ben Purrington expected to operate either side of club captain Jason Pearce.

The returning Jaiyesimi and Souaré are likely to occupy wing-back roles with Alex Gilbey, George Dobson and Elliot Lee manning an unchanged midfield, behind a front two of Leko and Jayden Stockley.

Harness, Gunter, Inniss and Burstow are joined on the bench by Ben Watson, Albie Morgan and Charlie Kirk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fam and Washo definitely missing then.
  • Options
    Huge game for Souare at LCB unless Purrinho is playing there?
  • Options
    If we need the subs we are buggered.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Fair play to Jacko. Could have probably got that called off, but not fair on the fans.
    We have enough players to play the game, according to the rules, so the only way to have the game called off would have been to pretend more players had it or needed to isolate...
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    I hope this is the case (Purr at LCB, that is)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    we have enough players to call upon so it wouldn’t have been called off had Jackson asked. 
  • Options
    Any Plymouth players isolating? Two big misses there with Akin and Conor out. Presume they'll miss boxing day too but perhaps not if they started isolation a few days ago
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    ChiAddick said:
    I hope this is the case (Purr at LCB, that is)
    Yeah, no way would he play Soaure at centre back. 
  • Options
    Wonder if Innis was fit to start what the back 3 would have looked like. Assume Innis would have been in the middle and Pearce at LCB? Pearce has been resurgent in that middle role though, and arguable lots of his weaknesses might get exposed at LCB. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danger putting Inniss on bench without any u-23 games ... hope he will be ok
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Any Plymouth players isolating? Two big misses there with Akin and Conor out. Presume they'll miss boxing day too but perhaps not if they started isolation a few days ago
    Pretty much the same Plymouth squad that lost 2-0 at the Valley

Mayor and Agard the only two changes, coming in for Broom (on the bench) and Grant (not in squad)

Law and Ennis on the bench today, one presumably to replace Grant, the other to replace Galloway
  • Options
    we have enough players to call upon so it wouldn’t have been called off had Jackson asked. 
    Zero idea what the rules are, so I will assume you are correct.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Danger putting Inniss on bench without any u-23 games ... hope he will be ok
    I doubt he'll be used unless absolutely necessary. We have the Welsh Maldini ready and waiting. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Nelson in the hot seat with Curbs and Scott, one on my all time favs, Nelson, so could be some good banter and chat, on to another 3 points we go, and lets give Jacko a good winning start to his official tenure of Manager...COYR B)
  • Options
    Striker light again. But thats nothing new.

God forbid if Stockley gets injured or sent off. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!