Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New official club website incoming...

WSSWSS
edited December 2021 in General Charlton
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61bb1c777c682/new-app-and-club-website-set-for-2022

The new app and website, powered by Clubcast, will provide a one-stop hub for Charlton fans, with coverage of the first team, ladies team, academy and community trust as part of Thomas Sandgaard’s “one club” strategy.

Comments

• First thing I did was check out WBA and West Ham websites… won’t go as far as downloading the apps though.

https://www.wba.co.uk/

https://www.whufc.com/
  • Thank god for that 
  • won't make any difference to me as I get all my info from this site
    It will if you've ever tried to buy a shirt, ticket or TV deal. Feels like with have a different website for everything 
  • As long as the new website isn't more accurate at spotting people logging on via VPNs...
    Every cloud…..
  • Will we be able to buy NFT's on it ????? whatever the f**k they are lol
  • AndyG said:
    Will we be able to buy NFT's on it ????? whatever the f**k they are lol
    wanna buy a non-fungible token ? One careful owner.
  • I'm more of a DOJ kind of bloke  :sunglasses:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2021
    AndyG said:
    I'm more of a DOJ kind of bloke  :sunglasses:
    OMG something else that has whooshed right over me ???  DOJ ???
  • AndyG said:
    sorry mate I made that up !
  • As long as the new website isn't more accurate at spotting people logging on via VPNs...
    Personally, I  was very excited to see Thomas saying that this season our international viewers per game is up more than 100% on last season.

It just goes to prove how all the various rebrandings and new initiatives etc are already beginning to work as our popularity overseas grows and supporters throughout the world start to take a much closer interest in us. Can't be long until our popularity abroad begins to rival Man Utd and Liverpool and wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we looked to open a few club shops abroad to cater for this increased interest.  
    Was taking you seriously for the first sentance...
  • edited December 2021
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    sorry mate I made that up !
    Brilliant - that actually made me spit my tea out!  ( and yes I googled it lol)

Personally, I  was very excited to see Thomas saying that this season our international viewers per game is up more than 100% on last season.

It just goes to prove how all the various rebrandings and new initiatives etc are already beginning to work as our popularity overseas grows and supporters throughout the world start to take a much closer interest in us. Can't be long until our popularity abroad begins to rival Man Utd and Liverpool and wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we looked to open a few club shops abroad to cater for this increased interest.  
    Amazing how VPN routing shows up in the stats 
  • WSS said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61bb1c777c682/new-app-and-club-website-set-for-2022

The new app and website, powered by Clubcast, will provide a one-stop hub for Charlton fans, with coverage of the first team, ladies team, academy and community trust as part of Thomas Sandgaard’s “one club” strategy.

Hold on.. When did that happen! Can I be the first to say ‘Women's’ 😲
  • Rothko said:
    As long as the new website isn't more accurate at spotting people logging on via VPNs...

Amazing how VPN routing shows up in the stats 
    I think it would be funny if we all decided before a game which country we all watch from and change it every game. The marketing team would ho onto meltdown trying to work the trends out lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Sandgaard is going to replace the long running club badge to coincide with the website launch

@Stig ‘s excellent work btw 
  • First thing I did was check out WBA and West Ham websites… won’t go as far as downloading the apps though.

https://www.wba.co.uk/

https://www.whufc.com/
    As we are modeling ourselves on WEST ham & WEST Brom, perhaps we might change our name to Weston 😄
  • I'm always sceptical of 3rd party websites, it concerns me that they're produced to a template rather than a genuine analyses of the situation. That said I'm we'll glad to be moving from the current offering and if it's half as good as the tv channel it should be well decent. 
  • Seconded mate.

The TV coverage is miles above our league status at the moment and a decent website is another example of getting things right about the club. TS is without doubt shrewd when it comes to marketing a business
  • So I’ve just had a really frustrating experience of the “new” website. I tired to log on, then realised the site had changed, after various attempts to enter my original password and I clicked a link to register with the new website, however when I subsequently made several attempts to buy a season I was asked to log in again and the password wasn’t recognised. Went round and around for a couple of increasingly frustrating hours yesterday evening before giving up.

I eventually tried to phone this morning and after four frustratingly long attempts spoke to someone, brought a season, although it took two attempts and my bank statement says I’ve paid twice. I was told one payment would be refunded and reassured that I would get a confirmation email. I then subsequently received 17 reset emails, the last of which didn’t work, no confirmation email, however the seat I tried to buy is now showing as sold.

I can honestly say it was the worst online buying experience I have ever had (and that’s up against some pretty strong completion!) and I’m not sure exactly who to speak to get my account correctly set up, to receive confirmation, or to check upon a refund?

Does anyone know who actually runs the website and might offer help, beyond sending links to reset the password? When I rang all roads seem to lead to the ticket office however I wasn’t entirely sure the person (who did their best) I spoke to knew that much about the website or why I was having problems.

Did we buy the IT from Swindon?
  • IAgree said:
    So I’ve just had a really frustrating experience of the “new” website. I tired to log on, then realised the site had changed, after various attempts to enter my original password and I clicked a link to register with the new website, however when I subsequently made several attempts to buy a season I was asked to log in again and the password wasn’t recognised. Went round and around for a couple of increasingly frustrating hours yesterday evening before giving up.

I eventually tried to phone this morning and after four frustratingly long attempts spoke to someone, brought a season, although it took two attempts and my bank statement says I’ve paid twice. I was told one payment would be refunded and reassured that I would get a confirmation email. I then subsequently received 17 reset emails, the last of which didn’t work, no confirmation email, however the seat I tried to buy is now showing as sold.

I can honestly say it was the worst online buying experience I have ever had (and that’s up against some pretty strong completion!) and I’m not sure exactly who to speak to get my account correctly set up, to receive confirmation, or to check upon a refund?

Does anyone know who actually runs the website and might offer help, beyond sending links to reset the password? When I rang all roads seem to lead to the ticket office however I wasn’t entirely sure the person (who did their best) I spoke to knew that much about the website or why I was having problems.

All sorted - still not sure if this was my IT skills or a ghost in the machine!

Ticket office staff v helpful!
  • IAgree said:
    IAgree said:
    So I’ve just had a really frustrating experience of the “new” website. I tired to log on, then realised the site had changed, after various attempts to enter my original password and I clicked a link to register with the new website, however when I subsequently made several attempts to buy a season I was asked to log in again and the password wasn’t recognised. Went round and around for a couple of increasingly frustrating hours yesterday evening before giving up.

All sorted - still not sure if this was my IT skills or a ghost in the machine!

Ticket office staff v helpful!
    I echo the praise for the Ticket Office staff.

An extremely slick, competent operation in the Spring ensured that tickets sold for the POTY dinner ran smoothly even though the Manager was on Maternity Leave. 
  • edited July 2023
    IAgree said:

I thought this was going to end up like that Millwall fan situation, where the guy didn't realise that the seat he wanted to buy, had already been bought by himself.😄

Glad it didn't though!