Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

There was some controversy at Sparrows Lane this morning!

Comments

• edited December 2021
    Were you getting it confused with panna cotta? I don't think that's cheese either, but it is at least dairy based.
    ETA: And what's wrong with having mash with your Christmas dinner?
  • aliwibble said:
    Were you getting it confused with panna cotta? I don't think that's cheese either, but it is at least dairy based.
    thats it - panna cotta is what sprung to mind - a white yogurty type thing 
  • Pancetta defo in with the sprouts. And mash is reserved for the evening and Boxing Day, not Xmas Dinner.
  • Rothko said:
    Lardons or pancetta with a few chopped chestnuts in with the sprouts 

This.
  • surely we should all be dropping the pancetta for Danish Bacon?
  • aliwibble said:
    My family has always had mash and roast spuds with Sunday and Christmas Dinner.
  • edited December 2021
    If doing a roast, it makes sense to have roast potatoes - something i tell the wife when she decides to have roast potatoes with a pork chop and baked beans - if you've got the oven on for 2 hours whats the point of having mashed potatoes? Unless you prefer them of course..
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    If you have to ask this question you have never looked at the "Rate my Plate" threads before. 😂😂
  • DOUCHER said:
    If doing a roast, it makes sense to have roast potatoes - something i tell the wife when she decides to have roast potatoes with a pork chop and baked beans - if you've got the oven on for 2 hours whats the point of having mashed potatoes? Unless you prefer them of course..
    Not instead of, as well as. Plus 2 different types of stuffing :)
  • aliwibble said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Not instead of, as well as. Plus 2 different types of stuffing :)
    Plus two different types on turkey……one dead and one alive!
  • aliwibble said:
    If you have to ask this question you have never looked at the "Rate my Plate" threads before. 😂😂
    I have mash with my beef wellington. 
  • aliwibble said:
    The first time I had Christmas dinner with my wife's family I thought they were weird having mashed potatoes and no roast potatoes. Since that day forward they have accommodated what they think is my weird desire for roast potatoes on the big day. We were out with friends last Friday and the subject came up and there was a resounding 7 to 1 majority in favour of roast over mash for Christmas lunch.

• ross1 said:
    Pancetta definitely in with the sprouts