Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bows on front doors

Wtf is that all about?

They're everywhere. And not Christmas decorations either, just giant bows.

Discuss...

Comments

• Options
    Ha! Considering getting one having seen one yesterday. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021

These were on the Starboard one 😉
  • Options

This sort of thing. They're everywhere - and not just Christmas decoration related.

Weird. It's like your gift-wrapping a house, presumably for burglars!
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thought this was about a bow that fires arrows 
  • Options
    Honestly thought this was ANOTHER Lee Bowyer thread... Get over it, he dumped us! 
  • Options
    As Billy Connolly would say, 'f.ck that '.
  • Options
    995632 said:
    Honestly thought this was ANOTHER Lee Bowyer thread... Get over it, he dumped us! 

Agent 995632,

I thought it was a bowyer category title, but assumed front doors was a new sky sports orientated TV show or something
  • Options
    We're ready for the Omicron Christmas rush.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought this was going to be the new ‘Monkey tennis’
  • Options

I seriously thought it meant somebody in the house plays the violin.
  • Options
    Looks like nobody else has noticed them then.

In which case, remember where you heard about them first.
  • Options
    What do you make of this one down Frank Lampards road in south ken

• Options
    "That was unacceptable. Front Doors has to score there, that was a gilt edged chance. He's let the team down there, I've given him enough chances to prove himself..."
  • Options
    I'm not bothered about bows or wreaths on front doors but my there's gaffs around here with both Christmas decorations and who've still got Halloween stuff out the front too. Just wrong.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Wtf is that all about?

They're everywhere. And not Christmas decorations either, just giant bows.

Discuss...
    I thought it was the sort of thing Foxtons did when you bought a new build. Seems very Essex-y
  • Options
    thought bowyer had offered up some views on something a bit diverse - was racking my brains on the rhyming slang and was somewhere between 4 door saloons and front wheel skids - waiting for the offended to pipe up now 
  • Options
    we got one - pointless as it covers the letterbox so the postman has a little wrestle with it every day, factor in the near gale force winds for the 48 hours after it went on and it looks ridiculous now.

factor in that we live in a cul-de-sac with our 'front' door on the side of the house, so the only people who see it are our neighbours and the milkman/delivery drivers

my missus knows how to waste a few quid - I've no idea how much it was as she won't confess.
  • Options
    It's to let people know, that you have a 'live, laugh, love' decal on your living room wall. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it the same trend as those balloon arches that people pay for when they have a 'party'? What happened to old fashioned handmade bunting on a string?  on the local Facebook groups all I see is 'anyone want the remaining balloons from my birthday party last week still in good condition' basically as they seem to be a bugger to dispose of, and I'm sure not particularly biodegradable and environmentally friendly. 
  • Options
    Is it the same trend as those balloon arches that people pay for when they have a 'party'? What happened to old fashioned handmade bunting on a string?  on the local Facebook groups all I see is 'anyone want the remaining balloons from my birthday party last week still in good condition' basically as they seem to be a bugger to dispose of, and I'm sure not particularly biodegradable and environmentally friendly. 
    It's all about outdoing someone else on Instagram these days.
  • Options
    Annie from down the road has initiated this years annual whip round for the bin people.
    No bows in our road (though some lights), other priorities.