Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 11th December 2021 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Gotta credit Cambridge. They’ve obviously studied us.
  • Options
    I think Cambridge have done their homework in which player to wind up.
    Homework?
    More like a phD...
  • Options
    God, that was ugly.  
    Talking about your conquests on a Friday night again? 
  • Options
    Looked like Stockley had a bit of a kick at the lad. Big relief it was only yellow as he is so vital to us at both ends.
  • Options
    Charlton's goal with Washington was a lovely quality Charlton move. The team will need to be disciplined to ensure that players on yellows don't get reds. Cambridge are trying to rough house their way back in the game. I am enjoying the fight and Charlton press of the team.

• Options
    Cambridge have apparently scored in their last 24 away league games. If they keep that up they will be joining the new European Super League along with Ipswich, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who’s been impressed by Cambridge? More impressed with them than I was with either Plymouth or Ipswich. Toughest test since Rotherham?

There are three or four players in that side that I wouldn’t mind having in our squad…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a great game. Not much to report. But we're winning. 

Great goal from Conor that is totally out of keeping with the game.

I hope we keep 11 men on the pitch. I fear Stockley looks like a walking second yellow card. 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Gotta credit Cambridge. They’ve obviously studied us.
    They’ve come with a game plan and they are executing it well. You could say they are Masters of their craft.
  • Options
    Might be an idea if Jacko gives Stockley the rest of the day off before the inevitable second yellow arrives, 'cause that is what this mob from Cambridge is about to set up, time for Davison to take up the mantle 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who’s been impressed by Cambridge? More impressed with them than I was with either Plymouth or Ipswich. Toughest test since Rotherham?

There are three or four players in that side that I wouldn’t mind having in our squad…
    Their front 2 are causing us problems but seem to be playing very direct. 
  • Options

They are unlucky not to be 2-0 up

Their winger in front of the West Stand is rapid - Dunno why he felt the need to bring Leko down as was catching him. 
  • Options
    Score so far: Charlton 2 yellows, Cambridge 4 yellows, I think Cambridge should also be careful
  • Options
    I think Cambridge have done their homework in which player to wind up.
    Homework?
    More like a phD...
    You ask me if I'm happy here [1 up]
    No doubt about it...

• Options
    They are an horrible side 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    They are an horrible side 
    Give it time, they'll have gown on you by the final whistle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think your over egging them to be honest, from where I’m sitting, they are putting the boot or what ever they can in when ever possible, Ironside is just a dirty fucker, there left winger is rapid. But nobody would get in to our team at the moment.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Score so far: Charlton 2 yellows, Cambridge 4 yellows, I think Cambridge should also be careful
    Cambridge can be as reckless as they like... B)
  • Options
    Find myself with a big dislike of Cambtidge. Really hope we win this - they are a nasty side.
  • Options

Are you suggesting we take a punt?
  • Options
    Cambridge have clearly revised for this test. 
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second 45... Keep it going, lads!
  • Options
  • Options

Are you suggesting we take a punt?
    Four pages behind.  Raise your game @killerandflash.
  • Options
    Chalk and cheese performance compared to Tuesday night.

Despite that the HT score is the same: 1-0 to the Addicks.

Cambridge are a sneaky bunch of sods and seem intent on getting the better of us by getting one (or more) of our players sent off.

Jacko needs to calm down the players, especially Stockers, and tell them not to react to their provocation and play acting.

On the football side, great goal by Washy after good work down the right by Leko.

Clear heads for second half please and more Addicks goals!
    Surprised you didn't go for "Keep Cam and carry on"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!