Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday [26/2/22] Advance Train Tickets

edited December 2021 in Match Day Travel
Advance Singles now available on trains between Kings Cross /Doncaster in both directions .
Prices depend on train departure, £15.40 [£10.15], £18.50[£12.20] £21.60[£14.25] on outward trains & £15.40£10.15]  on return trains 
Railcard fares in brackets
The best ticket between Doncaster rail station & Leppings Lane tram stop is featured below

If you would like to travel by bus, tram and train around South Yorkshire, the SYConnect+ Day ticket may be the best option for you.

This ticket gives you unlimited travel on all local bus, tram and train services within the South Yorkshire TravelMaster zone.

Valid on
Bus Tram Train
Price £
Onboard £8.80
Advance £8.80
Advance £7.40 18-22 Discount Card
Operator(s)
TravelMaster
Duration
Daily
Available from
  • On board from bus drivers, tram conductors
  • online (NFC enabled device required)*
  • staffed railway stations
  • via the First and Stagecoach m-Ticket Apps.

*The TravelMaster Download App is now available on both Android and iPhone devices.

Full details on where to buy this ticket are available on the TravelMaster website.

https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/ticketdetails/f98bc8b0-62d1-4f66-a9e1-7c2951752739

Advance tickets on the St Pancras/ Sheffield route are not yet available.

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Advance Singles now available on trains between Kings Cross /Doncaster in both directions .
    Prices depend on train departure, £15.40 [£10.15], £18.50[£12.20] £21.60[£14.25] on outward trains & £15.40£10.15]  on return trains 
    Railcard fares in brackets
    The best ticket between Doncaster rail station & Leppings Lane tram stop is featured below

If you would like to travel by bus, tram and train around South Yorkshire, the SYConnect+ Day ticket may be the best option for you.

This ticket gives you unlimited travel on all local bus, tram and train services within the South Yorkshire TravelMaster zone.

Valid on
    Bus Tram Train
    Price £
    Onboard £8.80
    Advance £8.80
    Advance £7.40 18-22 Discount Card
    Operator(s)
    TravelMaster
    Duration
    Daily
    Available from
    • On board from bus drivers, tram conductors
    • online (NFC enabled device required)*
    • staffed railway stations
    • via the First and Stagecoach m-Ticket Apps.

*The TravelMaster Download App is now available on both Android and iPhone devices.

Full details on where to buy this ticket are available on the TravelMaster website.

https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/ticketdetails/f98bc8b0-62d1-4f66-a9e1-7c2951752739

That seems like really good value on the trains for once!
  • Options
    clive said:

There seems to be some available, a little pricier than I would have liked? They likely to come down?
  • Options
    Belv said:
    clive said:

There seems to be some available, a little pricier than I would have liked? They likely to come down?
    You can still get return to Doncaster for £30 £20 with railcard.
    Then return Doncaster to Sheffield.
    How much are you expecting to pay?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Belv said:
    clive said:

You can still get return to Doncaster for £30 £20 with railcard.
    Then return Doncaster to Sheffield.
    How much are you expecting to pay?
    Yeah, I was referring specifically to the direct route of St Pancras to Sheffield which is around £55 with a railcard. I'll pay that if need be but was hoping it would be more in line with what I paid for Lincoln, which was about £40 without a railcard.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Advance fares are now available on some trains between St Pancras/Sheffield in Both directions.
    £36.00 [£23.75]  on the 09.02 arriving Sheffield 10.58
    £36.00 [ £23.75    on the 10.02 arriving Sheffield 11.58
    £26.50 [ £17.45]    on the 10.32 arriving Sheffield 12.43

Return trains
    £26.50 [£17.45]    on the 17.37 arriving St Pancras 19.36
    £36.00 [ £23.75]   on the 18.00 arriving St Pancras 20.07
    £26.50 [£17.45]    on the 18.37 arriving St Pancras 20.38
    £19.00 [ £12.50]   on the 19.37 arriving St Pancras 21.38

Railcard fares in brackets.
    Tram journey from Station To Leppings Lane Tram stop takes about 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Thanks for this. Zero chance risking the 5.37 with the amount of delays happening to matches these days.
  • Options
    6 of us on the 10.35am from Kings Cross.
  • Options
    Ended up booking the 10.03 from Kings X

18.11 back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could see that the Doncaster return option was going to be cheaper once they released tickets.
    From Doncaster to Leppings Lane with a rover ticket you are paying no more than £10.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    1030 something out and 1830 something back, using railcards cost us £30 each which I thinks a bargain, looking forward to this, proper ground and a decent beer before hand
  • Options
    Booked on the 9:02 out and 19:37 back - with railcards, a bargain at £23.75 and £12.50 respectively.

Should be in the Sheffield Tap by 11 and The Fat Cat by noon. Most acceptable.