Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BOXING DAY DINNER

Just wondering what people tend to have? Not had the traditional for years, since in my teens ( blimey that's a long time). Usually get a curry, but fancy back to basics this year.

Comments

• I spend Boxing Day at my parents and it’s always leftover turkey with chips and beans
  • Left over cold meats, crisp green salad and a potato in its jacket.
  • Redrobo said:
    Left over cold meats, crisp green salad and a potato in its jacket.
    Jacket potato. Good call.
  • Buffet style lunch, cold meats etc, but definitely with mash potato.
    Much prefer Boxing day dinner to Christmas day dinner.
  • Buffet style lunch, cold meats etc, but definitely with mash potato.
    The enemy was suggesting boiled, I insisted on mash. 
  • edited December 2021
    cold meats, mash potato, bubble, piccalilli, pickled onions, Mrs Elwoods cucumbers in dill, pork pie

f*ck it, prawns, crab sticks, sausage rolls, buttered fresh bread
  • I spend Boxing Day at my parents and it’s always leftover turkey with chips and beans
    Do you think they are trying to tell you something by any chance ?
    I didn't want to allude to this. Mums coming around, not sure she'd be too impressed. She'd probably rather a Happy Meal.
  • edited December 2021
    Hammer the marks and Spencers 4for3s,  cold meats, a beige platter, cheese, pickles and chips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Turkey, ham,chips, peas,salad. ..job done. 

• I probably prefer it to xmas dinner tbh. Cold ham & turkey, pigs in blankets, salad and all the pickles. 

Boxing Day lunch will be cold ham & turkey in a banquette......whilst parked up in Wimbledon. Perfect.
  • @up_the_valley I'm after two seats please on the east side of your table. Donation to the Upbeats if there's gravy.
  • Cold meats (turkey, beef & ham), mashed potatoes and pickles (piccalilli, Branston and pickled onions).

Very traditional.
  • Bubble, cold meat, pickles. 
    Better than Xmas day dinner in my book.
    This
  • Cold cuts, mash potatoes, pickles, bubble, any left over stuffing, easily better than Xmas dinner 
  • edited December 2021
    Probably a Burger somewhere in a pub in Wimbledon this year. 
  • Al of the above as mentioned but with jacket potatoes, mash or chips on Boxing Day is for wronguns  ;)
  • Al of the above as mentioned but with jacket potatoes, mash or chips on Boxing Day is for wronguns  ;)
    I’ll bring my own mash then Mike, what time’s the eat off 😉
  • on Christmas day this year we are having Turkey, ham and porchetta so boxing day will be spent eating Turkey, Ham and porchetta sandwiches
  • Sponsored links:

This in capitals!
  • on Christmas Day this year we are having Turkey, ham and porchetta so boxing day will be spent eating Turkey, Ham and porchetta sandwiches
    Sounds nice, neeps and tatties for veg Dave or roast spuds, parsnips, sprouts, carrots and cauliflower?😉
  • RedChaser said:
    on Christmas Day this year we are having Turkey, ham and porchetta so boxing day will be spent eating Turkey, Ham and porchetta sandwiches
    Sounds nice, neeps and tatties for veg Dave or roast spuds, parsnips, sprouts, carrots and cauliflower?😉
    my mum does make a haggis stuffing but we keep the veg more traditional with roast spuds, parsnips, sprouts, carrots etc 
  • edited December 2021
    Buffet style lunch, cold meats etc, but definitely with mash potato.
    Add cheeses, crusty bread along with gherkins, picked onions etc. If you have a costco near you then get the gherkins from there as there immense! 

Torn between the 2 because I do love a roast but the boxing day dinner is quality..happy as a pig in shit for those 2 days really 😂
  • Jank food from plough Lane i reckon
    You forgot the Gaviscon.
  • Usually a party day for friends and family in our house (altho maybe not this year...again..)...so something easy like a chilli that people can help themselves to from the pot when they want it. Cold meats etc from Xmas Day for anyone left standing at the end of the night...
  • full on Christmas dinner again
  • Babies from Swansea.
  • Exactly the same as Christmas day again. Then will steal loads of it to take home to munch throughout the night watching the Ashes