Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth vs Charlton - Moved for SKY coverage now Monday Jan 31st

2»

Comments

• FFS had planned to go to this one and stay over. Sky can do one.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    It being the International break does that mean we will still have to play even if Portsmouth or us have three players called up?
    There isnt an International Break in January - This'll be for the Premier League "winter" break

As there is a full Championship schedule that weekend
    Winter break - where they fly abroad somewhere and the players catch covid! 
  • With Sky not covering the Ashes at least this is one live Sky sports event I want to watch  ;)
  • My missus is fuming … bang goes the shopping trip to Gun Wharf Keys whilst I’m at football 
  • clb74 said:
    This seems an unpopular choice. I'm quiet happy as I get to watch a game I had no intention of going to see. Well played sky 👏🏻 
    As long as you're alright Jack.
    I pay for sky sports, why wouldn't I be pleased with this? 

There maybe people who couldn't have attended the original match that can now attend! 

Every action makes someone happy and someone sad. I've benefitted from this one! So what 
  • _MrDick said:
    My missus is fuming … bang goes the shopping trip to Gun Wharf Keys whilst I’m at football 
    Now on Saturday, both of you can go to Gun Wharf Keys  ;)
  • This seems an unpopular choice. I'm quiet happy as I get to watch a game I had no intention of going to see. Well played sky 👏🏻 
    The death of football.
  • edited December 2021
    Croydon said:
    This seems an unpopular choice. I'm quiet happy as I get to watch a game I had no intention of going to see. Well played sky 👏🏻 
    The death of football.
    Was thinking about the initial comment in relation to tonight’s game. Was never going to regardless as too expensive before Christmas. However, pleased game is on TV tonight as get to see it. Convinced myself cup football is different to league as you are always expecting matches to be shifted to TV if they are a decent tie.

No one wants to watch league 1 football on a Monday night. Show re runs on the premier league and not us.
  • You’re all mad. It gives us another chance to chant Sky TV is f***ing s**t. That’ll teach em….
  • Great. Another match where us International Valley Pass season ticket holders are denied the  access they paid up front for, because of a local deal where the rights holder station cannot be arsed to actually show the game because they rightly figure that only about 20 people would watch it.

And it would be this one. **** off Sky. And *** off the EFL- hired agency that negotiated the poxy deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    The death of football.
    Because Monday night football is a new concept 
  • Think I shall attend and let Sky know my feelings vocally.
  • Great. Another match where us International Valley Pass season ticket holders are denied the  access they paid up front for, because of a local deal where the rights holder station cannot be arsed to actually show the game because they rightly figure that only about 20 people would watch it.

And it would be this one. **** off Sky. And *** off the EFL- hired agency that negotiated the poxy deal.
    Great. A match that I can actually watch because I can’t go normally because of work and financial commitments.
  • Ross said:
    Great. Another match where us International Valley Pass season ticket holders are denied the  access they paid up front for, because of a local deal where the rights holder station cannot be arsed to actually show the game because they rightly figure that only about 20 people would watch it.

Great. A match that I can actually watch because I can’t go normally because of work and financial commitments.
    I’m happy for you, then but why should people be denied a stream *they have already paid for* and cannot even pay to watch it locally because the local TV outlet who bought the rights don’t think its actually worth using them….

• Would you be able to log into anyone's account  that has Sky Go ( as I do on my laptop ) ? 
  • Ross said:
    Great. Another match where us International Valley Pass season ticket holders are denied the  access they paid up front for, because of a local deal where the rights holder station cannot be arsed to actually show the game because they rightly figure that only about 20 people would watch it.

I’m happy for you, then but why should people be denied a stream *they have already paid for* and cannot even pay to watch it locally because the local TV outlet who bought the rights don’t think its actually worth using them….

Will your VPN set to Holland allow you to watch it?
  • Ross said:

Will your VPN set to Holland allow you to watch it?
    On past experience, no. I have a likely solution, Viasat of Sweden usually show the L1 Sky games and my buddy’s son kindly lends me the login. But this sort of bollocks should not be necessary, should it? Not only am I prepared to pay, i already have paid!!!
  • Ross said:

Agree.

I do hate the club's list of country broadcasters.

How many of them actually do show the game I wonder. Probably none.
  • Ross said:

Agree.

We’ve looked into this in the International Addicks group. Its not the club’s fault. It is the EFL rights deal, negotiated by some no-mark agency. Even big markets like Germany dont show the game. We’ve written to the EFL pointing out the obvious solution, You wont be surprised to hear that the EFL have invited us to go forth and multiply. We are after all only fans.
  • Ross said:

Agree.

We’ve looked into this in the International Addicks group. Its not the club’s fault. It is the EFL rights deal, negotiated by some no-mark agency. Even big markets like Germany dont show the game. We’ve written to the EFL pointing out the obvious solution, You wont be surprised to hear that the EFL have invited us to go forth and multiply. We are after all only fans.
    I know that it's not the club's fault that it's not shown, but why make a list of channels that 'have the rights' when they must know by now that the right is never exercised?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:
    It being the International break does that mean we will still have to play even if Portsmouth or us have three players called up?
    There isnt an International Break in January - This'll be for the Premier League "winter" break

As there is a full Championship schedule that weekend
    So the overseas managers' committee led by Arse Wenger have finally got their wish. How long does this 'winter break' last?
    So last Premier League weekend is Sunday 23rd January, next one is Tuesday 8th February.

So teams will have that long off...

Provided they dont reach the FA Cup 4th Round, as that is scheduled for Saturday 5th Feburary - It got introduced last season (?) but was over two weeks, with half the teams taking one week off, and the other ten teams taking the following week off.

Ah, yes, I vaguely remember that.

And this year will be the same or will they all have 2 weeks off?

I would laugh if they do and then we have a big freeze a week or so later resulting in a fixture pile-up.
    Its not often that I agree with little bro' but in this case he's spot on. Can never get my head round a "winter break" when we never know what the weather is going to be from one week to another. 

But I suppose nowdays Premier League clubs all have undersoil heating so pitches shouldn't be frozen.......although fans might not be able to get to games if a "Beast from the East" blows in again in early February. 
  • Ross said:

Agree.

I know that it's not the club's fault that it's not shown, but why make a list of channels that 'have the rights' when they must know by now that the right is never exercised?
    Because they don’t know. How can someone at Charlton know anything about whether some two-bob channel in Germany or Slovakia is actually showing the game they bought the rights to, in some bundle?.And if Charlton knew, because us lot told them, what can Charlton do? They are one of 72 clubs who have delegated this to the EFL, who in turn have paid some agency to negotiate it, and the odd thing is the EFL seems rather scared of this agency. I suspect some dodginess but its way above my paygrade to be able to stand that suspicion up.
  • Ross said:

Can you not use NowTV through a VPN and pretend you are in the UK? A reverse VPN use to those others have spoken about to be sure but surely must be an option annoying though it is?
  • This seems an unpopular choice. I'm quiet happy as I get to watch a game I had no intention of going to see. Well played sky 👏🏻 
    With you all the way mate, I'll be watching this in Brasil.  The middle of the afternoon having a s***** Brasilian lager watching us 6,000 miles away. :)
    brahma?
    Among others, Itaipava is passable.
  • Ross said:

Can you not use NowTV through a VPN and pretend you are in the UK? A reverse VPN use to those others have spoken about to be sure but surely must be an option annoying though it is?
    Personally I should be ok with my buddy’s help with ViaSat. But many fellow Addicks dont have the option. The thing with NowTV is its a subscription. Most of the IA gang have already paid their annual subscription to Valley Pass. In a normal world, these “customers” would be refunded pro rata when Sky suddenly come along and blank them out. But this is football, run and “managed”  by over paid numpties and underpaid kids (at the EFL), and the rights contract has weasel words which allow them to claim its all above board and we customers should have read the contract. Twats.

Good morning, by the way ( per Andy Holt and his morning Twitter rants) 
  • Ross said:

I have done this. I have bought a TP Link box. I have to pay 10 pounds a month to activate it and then buy a Now TV pass. I haven't done that since the play-offs against Doncaster but it's in the cupboard waiting for the next match I judge to be worth the cost. I might buy a monthly Now TV pass in January to make it worthwhile and take in other matches too.
  • Ross said:

Personally I should be ok with my buddy’s help with ViaSat. But many fellow Addicks dont have the option. The thing with NowTV is its a subscription. Most of the IA gang have already paid their annual subscription to Valley Pass. In a normal world, these “customers” would be refunded pro rata when Sky suddenly come along and blank them out. But this is football, run and “managed”  by over paid numpties and underpaid kids (at the EFL), and the rights contract has weasel words which allow them to claim its all above board and we customers should have read the contract. Twats.

Good morning, by the way ( per Andy Holt and his morning Twitter rants) 
    Totally agree with @PragueAddick
  • Would you be able to log into anyone's account  that has Sky Go ( as I do on my laptop ) ? 
    Yes Fanny, I have the Sky Go app on my iPad and use my daughters log in if watching on the iPad. 
  • Ross said:

I have done this. I have bought a TP Link box. I have to pay 10 pounds a month to activate it and then buy a Now TV pass. I haven't done that since the play-offs against Doncaster but it's in the cupboard waiting for the next match I judge to be worth the cost. I might buy a monthly Now TV pass in January to make it worthwhile and take in other matches too.
    Why not just watch one of the 100s of available dodgy streams? If it’s on sky, it’s easy to watch.