Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fitness Trackers

Thinking of getting one. 

Fitbit Sense Advanced or maybe an Apple Watch 7. 

Does any have any and are they any good? 

Comments

• Options
    Depends what you want it for. I’ve got an Apple Watch, which it good for a lot of stuff, but battery life makes it unsuitable for sleep tracking unless you can charge it during the day. 

Because I needed that for a while, I have are Garmin Vivosmart, which I like. Does everything the Apple Watch does and the charge is good for about 4 days. Downside is the interface is a bit clunky, whereas the watch is very clean. 
  • Options
    Garmin Venu next for me.
  • Options
    I'm looking to get something to monitor how far I walk daily.
    What can people suggest that would not be too costly?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Give Adkins a shout mate he’s probably got a decent second hand one going cheap now he’s getting a lie in these days 😉.
  • Options
    If you are looking for one that isnt to expensive but does the basics i have the galaxy fit 2.

Works amazing, tracks my steps, heart rate, stress level,sleep, controls music, can send texts if im not near my phone.

And battery lasts about 4/5 days before needing to charge it

They are in PC World for £40
  • Options
    Never had one but for years used a sleep app on my phone. As well as tracking quality it was also meant to wake you up in your lightest phase of sleep.

I found I slept a lot better when I stopped using it - I had got in a negative cycle seeing that I didn't sleep well, which contributed to me waking up a lot during the night.
  • Options
    A ruler?
    It’s bit much asking Lizzie to do that at her age 😉
  • Options
    If you spend as much time walking during the day as you do to the bar, I wouldn’t bother getting anything. 

Seriously, just use the health app on your phone and it will tell you. 
  • Options
    A ruler?
    That tickled me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you are looking for one that isnt to expensive but does the basics i have the galaxy fit 2.

Works amazing, tracks my steps, heart rate, stress level,sleep, controls music, can send texts if im not near my phone.

And battery lasts about 4/5 days before needing to charge it

They are in PC World for £40
    That sounds ideal, thank you.
  • Options
    If you spend as much time walking during the day as you do to the bar, I wouldn’t bother getting anything. 

Nice one Dicky, thanks.
  • Options

If you just want steps and distance phones are ok but fitness trackers do more. Heart rate, sleeping time, including breakdown of REM, light and heavy, oxygen variation and better for monitoring exercise. I have a Fitbit Heasrt 4 which suits me but depends on your needs. 
  • Options
    redman said:

If you just want steps and distance phones are ok but fitness trackers do more. Heart rate, sleeping time, including breakdown of REM, light and heavy, oxygen variation and better for monitoring exercise. I have a Fitbit Heasrt 4 which suits me but depends on your needs. 
    I used a Fitbit Charge 3, good battery life of 7 days, looking at the charge 5, however it doesn't have an altimeter so it does not count stairs/floors.
  • Options
    Look to the Garmin forerunner in that case. the 45 is affordable, looks good and does everything including some smart watch functions.