Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Sillett RIP

Coventry City Football Club are devastated to learn of the death of Sky Blues icon John Sillett.

The Sky Blues’ legendary FA Cup winning boss and Life President has sadly passed away at the age of 85.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/news-rip-john-sillett/

Comments

• Options
    Used to have great banter with Jimmy Greaves.  Very sad RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP Snoz
  • Options
    One of life's great characters. Always enjoyed his interviews

RIP Snoz
  • Options
    I think he took Hereford to their highest ever League position.
    Met him once, a real character. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    The first (and last) manager to make me cry my eyes out over a game of football.

God damn Gary Mabbutt's left knee!

(Things really havent got much better since, yes I know!)

RIP Sir.  
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Loved Coventry for said pain inflicted on Spurs in that cup final …… 
    always think of Keith Houchen when I see a diving header 

RIP 
  • Options
    One of the best cup finals 

RIP 
  • Options
    RIP

He and George Curtis gave Coventry City their greatest ever moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP

Remember being at a Coventry game a few years back, with @TelMc32, when our mate was CFO there. After the game John Sillett & Jimmy Hill, both had a good few beers and were singing Coventry songs, they we’re having a great time.
  • Options
    RIP John quite a charachter
  • Options

RIP

• Options
    One of my earliest footballing memories was that cup final, the first one i ever watched.

Not sure i've seen many better since.
  • Options
    Rip
  • Options
    RIP John, a larger than life character whom I had the pleasure of meeting. A very lovely warm man.

• Options
    RIP

Remember being at a Coventry game a few years back, with @TelMc32, when our mate was CFO there. After the game John Sillett & Jimmy Hill, both had a good few beers and were singing Coventry songs, they we’re having a great time.
    Yeah, a really lovely guy. Rest in peace John. 
  • Options
    Old school. RIP
  • Options
    Real character. RIP
  • Options
    Was at the 87 Cup Final. Great game. One of the best games I've been to. Memories of Sillett dancing along the greyhound track with the cup. As @philcafc says, a real character.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had two tickets for the '87 cup game, given to me from an allocation for Barclays Bank Tottenham branch - I sold them onto a couple of Spurs fans - not sure if they enjoyed their day though!

RIP