Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Evening With Alan Curbishley

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Thanks @aliwibble for sorting my pictures into the right order - my IT skills are basic at best - the more I look at that picture of me with Jacko the more I wince 🤪

My Wife thinks he is hot stuff - she was chuffed he was sat on table next to ours !!
    No problem. It's actually really easy to do on here, as you can just drag and drop them, although with big pictures I find it quicker to add alt text labels and cut and paste the code. I've also resized them slightly to make them a little more manageable.
    I assume the video in this tweet is the same one as the Facebook one linked up there, but who's that walking up between Brownie and Carlo?
    Do you mean Paddy Powell - instigator of the greatest Charlton goal ever (Hales vs Hull City in the 70’s)
  • Options
    Do you mean Paddy Powell - instigator of the greatest Charlton goal ever (Hales vs Hull City in the 70’s)
    Toss up with Sean Bartlett's stunner.
  • Options
    Toss up with Sean Bartlett's stunner.
    In terms of a box to box move, started by Paddy, coupled with Paddy’s shimmy to leave the defender on his arse, followed by a thumping volley by Killer into the roof of the net, I rest my case M’lud 

And to be clear - I wasn’t at the game, but drool over the internet videos of it - it’s my go to watch to cheer myself up after a crap Charlton performance 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Thanks @aliwibble for sorting my pictures into the right order - my IT skills are basic at best - the more I look at that picture of me with Jacko the more I wince 🤪

My Wife thinks he is hot stuff - she was chuffed he was sat on table next to ours !!
    No problem. It's actually really easy to do on here, as you can just drag and drop them, although with big pictures I find it quicker to add alt text labels and cut and paste the code. I've also resized them slightly to make them a little more manageable.
    I assume the video in this tweet is the same one as the Facebook one linked up there, but who's that walking up between Brownie and Carlo?
    Yes! Thank you! I knew he looked familiar, but absent the luxuriant blonde locks of the 70s or the fork in his hand from his later tenure as groundsman, I just couldn't place him.
  • Options
    Looks like a great night. A room of Charlton legends 
  • Options
    I wonder if bowyer received an invite
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:

Yes! Thank you! I knew he looked familiar, but absent the luxuriant blonde locks of the 70s or the fork in his hand from his later tenure as groundsman, I just couldn't place him.
    I'm sure he had a fork in his hand last night.

Plus a knife and spoon  :)
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Was Richard Murray in attendance or is he persona non grata in 2021 ?
    Nope - he wasn’t there - and I haven’t seen him at a match for ages either

I assumed that would be the answer because Dickie backed the wrong horse and despite being close to Curbs over the years maybe Alan's leaving wasn't as amicable as we are led to believe. Murray may have gone back to his first favourite team Wolves ?
    I think it was very amicable from AC's point of view and it was what RM decided. Part of what soured things afterwards was the amount of money Dowie was given and squandered, since it was more than Curbs ever got. No question Curbs is much closer to Varney, which of course won't be a plus with RM.
    I often wonder where we would be as a club if Curbs was given that money, criminal that he wasn’t backed before he went. ( with a big budget I mean)
    He spent 2.5m on Marcus Bent before he left! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:

I assumed that would be the answer because Dickie backed the wrong horse and despite being close to Curbs over the years maybe Alan's leaving wasn't as amicable as we are led to believe. Murray may have gone back to his first favourite team Wolves ?
    I think it was very amicable from AC's point of view and it was what RM decided. Part of what soured things afterwards was the amount of money Dowie was given and squandered, since it was more than Curbs ever got. No question Curbs is much closer to Varney, which of course won't be a plus with RM.
    I often wonder where we would be as a club if Curbs was given that money, criminal that he wasn’t backed before he went. ( with a big budget I mean)
    From recollection the money was predicated on the very big increase in TV rights for 2007/08, the likelihood that Darren Bent was a major asset if things went wrong and the assumption that the transition would be bumpy and hence needed a bigger cushion. None of that was in place before 2006.

Curbs looked elsewhere in London, saw dearer ticket prices and would have liked a significant increase at Charlton, which he thought would help fund a stronger team, but we knew the supporter base was not strong enough to stand it, as was shown when prices were pushed. In any event, ticket revenue was of declining relevance in the Premier League.
    I just felt that a lot of his recruitment with a limited budget was very good, and deserved a good crack at seeing who he could get with some money, it may have changed a few peoples minds at the time who thought he’d gone a bit stale( be careful what we wished for!!!, or not as the case may had been).
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Point of order @Lordflashheart - You look nothing like @Lordflashheart
    No beard to hang onto or anything either! 😉
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Point of order @Lordflashheart - You look nothing like @Lordflashheart
    No beard to hang onto or anything either! 😉
    And I haven’t got a canoe in my pocket either

Sadly 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    paulfox said:

He spent 2.5m on Marcus Bent before he left! 
    On the other hand he signed Darren Bent for £2.5m and a year after Curbs went we made 16.5m. 
  • Options
    Was Stevie Gritt in attendance?
  • Options
    Great photos on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

From recollection the money was predicated on the very big increase in TV rights for 2007/08, the likelihood that Darren Bent was a major asset if things went wrong and the assumption that the transition would be bumpy and hence needed a bigger cushion. None of that was in place before 2006.

Curbs looked elsewhere in London, saw dearer ticket prices and would have liked a significant increase at Charlton, which he thought would help fund a stronger team, but we knew the supporter base was not strong enough to stand it, as was shown when prices were pushed. In any event, ticket revenue was of declining relevance in the Premier League.
    I just felt that a lot of his recruitment with a limited budget was very good, and deserved a good crack at seeing who he could get with some money, it may have changed a few peoples minds at the time who thought he’d gone a bit stale( be careful what we wished for!!!, or not as the case may had been).
    Yes, understood. I think he got the budget that the directors could give him. If he’d wanted to sign a contract in 2006 he was probably in a good position to ask for more.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Was Stevie Gritt in attendance?
    No, got plenty of mentions, but wasn’t there. 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Jacko’s really not gonna get the job is he?

Is that Mrs Jackson or Raelyn Maloney that JJ is chatting too ? 

If that is DR Raelyn Maloney PHD, director of communications development at Zynex and also a director of "A mindful place" where she is a Licensed counseling psychologist, as well as being Thomas Sandgaard's lady; I would say that is a very good move by JJ as good as when in one training session he went with 3-5-2 to stop the rot.

It would be great for the valley to be full of well being and mindfulness but in a JJ organized way not the "I wandered lonely as a cloud" in the nebulous teachings of Nigel.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

If that is DR Raelyn Maloney PHD, director of communications development at Zynex and also a director of "A mindful place" where she is a Licensed counseling psychologist, as well as being Thomas Sandgaard's lady; I would say that is a very good move by JJ as good as when in one training session he went with 3-5-2 to stop the rot.

It would be great for the valley to be full of well being and mindfulness but in a JJ organized way not the "I wandered lonely as a cloud" in the nebulous teachings of Nigel.

That’s Jacko’s lady - very pretty 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

That’s Jacko’s lady - very pretty 
    Cheers I thought from the video it was Dr Raelyn Maloney
  • Options
    Looked a really good night. 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Johnnie to Mrs Jackson.

JJ: Tell Thomas that Craig Mac did the assist and Conor scored in 5 seconds from his kick; you don't have to play out from the back. You mix and match, Also convince him that 3-5-2 is cool.

Mrs JJ to Thomas:

I really want to ask you a question ?

What health products are beneficial to a woman approaching 40 ?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    So….we are getting some who says it’s Jacko’s wife and some who are saying it’s Thomas’s partner.
    Result…..most of us are none the wiser.🤔
  • Options
    So….we are getting some who says it’s Jacko’s wife and some who are saying it’s Thomas’s partner.
    Both were there. The lady in this pic is Jacko’s wife
  • Options
    Both were there. The lady in this pic is Jacko’s wife
    By that, I assume it’s the one he is speaking to?