Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

English Football League 2022-23: Championship, League One and League Two to start on 30 July

Comments

• Can't we like, ditch all the cups except rhe FA Cup for one year? Oh wait that'd annoy the spoooonsoooors

Anyway, some of us have cricket to play ffs lol
  • Why do L1 and L2 have to start earlier, when they're not breaking for the World Cup?
  • Hang on a minute. Won't we have players missing?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Hang on a minute. Won't we have players missing?
    Depends how many internationals for actually-decent nations we sign in the next two transfer windows. Otherwise there's an outside chance of Chris Gunter 
  • Why do L1 and L2 have to start earlier, when they're not breaking for the World Cup?
    My guess is they won’t want to have midweek games during the World Cup so are starting early to avoid this. 
  • edited November 15
    Save The Date right there…19th March 2023🍕🏆
    My guess is they won’t want to have midweek games during the World Cup so are starting early to avoid this. 
    Good point. It's going to be a nightmare for L1 and L2 clubs during this period. I imagine teams will move games to try and avoid clashes with attractive matches
  • yeah not sure on the timings of WC games, but nothing will clash with anything decent
    Why worry? we will be in the Championship anyway  :)
  • Oh dear. I follow Charlton,  not England.  Anyway we play better stronger teams than Rngland these days .🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Over-reaction or what?

So, next season starts a week earlier than this season, and has no disruption due to the World Cup ... that's only for the 'big boys' in the Premier League and the Championship.

I'm sure that we will cope.
  • Leuth said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Hang on a minute. Won't we have players missing?
    Depends how many internationals for actually-decent nations we sign in the next two transfer windows. Otherwise there's an outside chance of Chris Gunter 
    Will Gunter even be with us next season? I know there is the option of a 3rd year but does that option lie with us or with him (like it did with Watson)?