Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A question re Stockley’s suspension.

Sorry if this has been touched upon elsewhere.
Straight red of course means an immediate automatic three match suspension, however I’m wondering if there are any cup matches that can be included in those three games?

Comments

• Options
    Rich Cawley tweeted during the game yesterday that it'll be the three League games
  • Options
    Rich Cawley tweeted during the game yesterday that it'll be the three League games
    Oh shit! 
  • Options
    He'll come back get booked in his first game back and be suspended for the next match. 
  • Options
    So he can play in the cup game ? 
  • Options
    So he can play in the cup game ? 
    Yeah both of them
  • Options
    The next 3 games we play are all league games anyway, so it's academic
    Oh cheers kaf…..I had thought we had a cup game of some kind in the next couple of weeks or so, I’m surprised we haven’t.
    Anyway, it’s confirmed it’ll be three league games.
  • Options
    Plymouth (H)
    Morecambe (A)
    Shrewsbury (A)
  • Options
    Plymouth is a bit of a bugger, but we should have more than enough to beat Morecambe & Salop without him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'll come back get booked in his first game back and be suspended for the next match. 
    He will have passed the 19 games cut off for 5 yellows
  • Options
    Plymouth is a bit of a bugger, but we should have more than enough to beat Morecambe & Salop without him
    Agreed but if he hadn’t of got a red he’d definitely have been booked and missed Plymouth anyway 
  • Options
    That's actually a good basic point that sometimes can be forgotten. We won and scored on Saturday without him for 75mins. Take that as a positive.
  • Options
    We have appealed it. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We have appealed it. 
    Will be deemed frivolous no doubt and extended to 4 whilst Deji gets his rescinded. 

That is the Charlton way 😀
    And they will probably be right looking at the footage 
  • Options
    2 hopes. Bob and no
  • Options
    When will the appeal be heard? Is it possible we are appealing so we have him available Saturday for Plymouth 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When will the appeal be heard? Is it possible we are appealing so we have him available Saturday for Plymouth 
    That would be quite sneaky
  • Options
    I wouldn't be against us doing things like that, other clubs use these things to their advantages
  • Options
    I wouldn't be against us doing things like that, other clubs use these things to their advantages
    It doesn’t work like that does it? As far as I’m aware, he’s definitely missing all 3 games until it’s overturned. 

If it doesn’t get overturned (which is almost a certainty) then Stockley could get the ban extended for the incorrect appeal.
  • Options
    We did that when Ben Hamer got sent off against Leyton Orient... Appealed so he'd be available for the trip up to Sheffield Wednesday, and then missed the FA Cup game against Fulham. 
  • Options
    It doesn’t work like that does it? As far as I’m aware, he’s definitely missing all 3 games until it’s overturned. 

If it doesn’t get overturned (which is almost a certainty) then Stockley could get the ban extended for the incorrect appeal.
    he's available until the appeal is heard so if they couldn't hear the appeal till next week, he could play saturday
  • Options
    The only angle shown on the Quest program shows Stockley swinging an arm.
    There was no clear angle on our reject defender's initial transgression. 
    Anybody who knows anything at all about football knows Stockers was trying to shrug off Oshilaja's attentions (more of which anon) and that wasn't any sort of attempt to whack the bloke behind him.
    Sadly the EFL have no interest in the facts, nor any fundamental knowledge or care for the integrity of the game and will misuse the one bit of footage to back up the risible Kettle's mishandling of events.
    There is no realistic possibility of the red card being overturned.  There is some chance the 3 game ban will be extended, for the temerity of challenging the appointed official's decision.
    Kettle didn't have a clear sight of either player's actions.  The linesman however did.  We could reasonably surmise that Kettle's decision relied on the lino's input.
    Bafflingly the lino had an unimpeded view of Oshilaja grabbing hold of Stockley, never watching the ball, impeding his movement into the box and near enough pulling his shirt off.  Lino didn't react til they were in a heap on the floor.
    It was the most blatant penalty I've seen in a game all season.
    Lino either bottled it (he never gave the flag across the chest signal) or Kettle overruled him on the basis of ego/prejudice.

JJ's comments on the incident are reasonable and fair.  None of which will count for anything in the EFL sham proceedings.
  • Options

he's available until the appeal is heard so if they couldn't hear the appeal till next week, he could play saturday
    Top shithousery if he scores on Saturday. 

Can’t imagine the powers at be will take 5 days to review that incident. After all, their processes are notoriously fast and efficient…
  • Options

In which case he misses the FA Cup game rather than the Plymouth game ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Top shithousery if he scores on Saturday. 

Can’t imagine the powers at be will take 5 days to review that incident. After all, their processes are notoriously fast and efficient…
    Even bigger top shithousery that he got a red card in the first place…..it was a scuffle, over in a few seconds.