Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    Day 26
  • Options
    We need to see how he reacts when the side loses  a couple on the bounce to see how and if he can turn it round … 
    How many seasons would we have to wait!
  • Options
    Appointing  JJ, with Jason to assist has a sort of ring about it, a bit like Curbs and Gritt, I would take JJ over Wilder, Southgate, or Mourhino. He is a Charlton lad through and through. We can all get behind him and JE, we will have ups and downs....but i just think and feel this could be the start of what this glorious club of ours is all about. 

And to you,  Tommy listen to what we told you back in September give the job to JJ, JE.... COYRs!!!
  • Options
    I think the turnaround is due to formation/tactics and personnel. My point was that Adkins probably had a pressure to make set/agreed tactics work. I am not defending him as he would have been part of the agreement around those tactics, just trying to understand why an experienced manager like him didn't make changes as JJ did.
  • Options
    Day 27.
  • Options
    Listening to a few EFL focused podcasts this week, and there is general bafflement out there, that Jacko hasn’t got the job yet  
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Rothko said:
    Listening to a few EFL focused podcasts this week, and there is general bafflement out there, that Jacko hasn’t got the job yet  
    I'm more baffled by people falling over themselves to rush into a permanent appointment, when all historical evidence suggests that hasty appointments off the back of impressive initial results frequently signal a downturn in performances. OGS the latest of a litany.
    FWIW I think Jacko could be the one, but we have absolutely no reason to rush this appointment.

With all due respect mate, if you feel that Jacko is "the one", why the hesitancy in getting the appointment done, Thomas needs to do the deed..imho.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    I'm more baffled by people falling over themselves to rush into a permanent appointment, when all historical evidence suggests that hasty appointments off the back of impressive initial results frequently signal a downturn in performances. OGS the latest of a litany.
    FWIW I think Jacko could be the one, but we have absolutely no reason to rush this appointment.
    Bowyer did alright 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Personally I think you are coming from this at the wrong direction. TS is looking for a new manager and would have set out the criteria of the skill set and personality that he would like to see in a manager. The question is, has JJ met the criteria? If so, he may as well make that decision now.
    No appointment comes with guarantees, but not making a decision makes him seem a bit of a ditherer. 
    A lot believe that before the match on Saturday would be good timing. I think I would wait until after the game and announce it. Not much to be gained by doing it before the game and the fans will be calling for it with TS there.
    It will then appear if he has listened to the fans. If we have lost, it will be a classy way of putting his full backing behind JJ.
  • Options
    @Redrobo Agree, except one comment. Wouldn’t say TS is dithering as I have not heard one another name except Jacko. If he was out interviewing then I would agree with that comment.

it’s not matter of if, it’s a matter of when he announces it. TS might wait the 60 days. Personally, think he will be announced before end of the month.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

With all due respect mate, if you feel that Jacko is "the one", why the hesitancy in getting the appointment done, Thomas needs to do the deed..imho.. B)
    I said "could be".
    Honestly mate what is the rush?
    Nobody higher up the food chain is going to poach Jacko on the basis of an initial bounce.
    Appoint in haste, repent at leisure.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I said "could be".
    Honestly mate what is the rush?
    Nobody higher up the food chain is going to poach Jacko on the basis of an initial bounce.
    Appoint in haste, repent at leisure.

Appreciate i got your wording wrong..sorry
    This isn't a rush, it is appreciating that Jacko has given every indication he is the right choice, even if we take your wording of "could be" over "is", the consensus seems he is the right choice, so imho, i don't understand the delay in getting the deed done, that's all.
    Let's hope no one up the chain is ready to poach Jacko, there has certainly been comments from other managers regarding surprise in the delay in giving it to Jacko.
    Another quote for you..."He who waits is lost"... B)
  • Options

Another quote for you..."He who waits is lost"...
    Or gets a decent pint of Guinness.

Or ketchup out of a glass bottle.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:

Another quote for you..."He who waits is lost"...
    Or gets a decent pint of Guinness.

Or ketchup out of a glass bottle.
    …avoids nipping off and wipes clean 👍🏻
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Hope this link works, But saw this on twitter

Linked worked for me…that is brilliant…😂😂👍
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It will be announced at the Plymouth game to the sound of a new song to be played in place of ‘Charlton to Victory’ .
    Edit: Addicks to Victory. Hey ho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As somebody who was calling for Jackson to be given a chance when Bowyer left and was calling for him to be given a chance replacing Adkins, I don't see the rush. He needs a promise that he wont be stitched up and reasonable expectations going up to Christmas (allowing for some defeats) but why not say this is your interview and it ends say mid December. 

I have seen enough to know that Jackson will be the manager full time and in the meantime, carry on as you are.
  • Options
    The people that want it done yesterday do you seriously see any scenario now that Jackson won't get the job on a permanent basis?

It is not a question of if its when and more importantly, in my opinion, how.   Does everyone shuffle up one with Euall becoming AM and Hayes moving up etc.  Or does Jackson get carte blanche to appoint his own team?    What is the commitment to Pearce?  Who made it and more importantly is Jackson happy with what ever it was. 

I think Thomas will already know its a yes to if, he probably has a good idea when when is, its the how.  

• Options
    I'm sure as an experienced and successful businessman, albeit a novice in football, TS is well aware of the risks of having an able and popular member of staff head-hunted.

Equally, I'm confident JJ can see the advantages to having his first managerial experience at a club where he knows the ropes, clearly has a good relationship with the squad, and is already a fans' favourite.

I'm certain they can sort things out between them, and even better without unnecessary external pressure from fans.  I doubt if many of us would want to enter into contract negotiations with a few 1000 strangers peering over our shoulders!

Fan action has achieved a lot for this club in some of its darkest days, and if they return in future I'm sure Addicks will once more rise to the challenge.  But in the meantime, let's give TS and his management team a break, eh?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    As somebody who was calling for Jackson to be given a chance when Bowyer left and was calling for him to be given a chance replacing Adkins, I don't see the rush. He needs a promise that he wont be stitched up and reasonable expectations going up to Christmas (allowing for some defeats) but why not say this is your interview and it ends say mid December. 

I have seen enough to know that Jackson will be the manager full time and in the meantime, carry on as you are.
    Or...."Carry on Caretaker" (what's the rush)🤞

Staring ...Johnnie Jackson & Thomas Sandgaard..running until Christmas, guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat..roll up roll up B)

• Options
    Crewe = CAFC
    Simple mistake !
  • Options
    Day 28
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Day 28
    .. B)
  • Options
    Day 29