Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Improve digestion (bad stomach)

2»

Comments

• Deffo worth seeing a doctor, but it could just be down to bad gut health, with an imbalance between good and bad bacteria.
    From 2010 I developed an intolerance to eggs and poultry that caused really bad wind and made going to the loo a pretty unpleasant experience most of the time. Over the years, I developed more and more intolerances, so much so that by 2018 I was regularly taking Immodium if I needed to be in a social situation.
    2016 to 2018, I tried all sorts of remedies to no avail until I stumbled upon probiotics and prebiotics, which transformed my life within a week.
    Quite simply, a proliferation of bad bacteria causes a fermenting action in the gut, which produces copious amounts of bad wind and the shits. The probiotics capsules (one a day) ensures that good bacteria outnumbers the bad, and the prebiotics ensure that the probiotics reach the right part of the gut rather than being destroyed by digestive juices on the way down.

But go to the doctors before you do anything else. Good luck! 
  • Try drinking Kombucha 
  • Maybe not what you're eating but how.
    Slow down, close your mouth and chew your food.
    And posture when I'm eating is important to me. 

If I'm having something in front of the TV , tray on my lap, seated on the sofa, I tend to slouch so have to remind myself to sit up straight with a couple of cushions behind me to help. 

I also find that several Smints slowly eaten help when my gut sounds like Vesuvius ready to erupt.

And a hot water bottle wrapped in a tea towel helps to disperse trapped wind when it's really uncomfortable.

Hope that helps a tad.
    Propped up with pillows, sweets to keep the guts quiet and farting over a hot water bottle. Who said romance was dead in the fanackpan household  :)
    You've been talking to Mr F !!!!
  • Reading foresthillred's post, reminded me that one of the daily supplements I take is Lactobacillus Acidophilus - a probiotic - from Holland & Barrett. 
  • Deffo worth seeing a doctor, but it could just be down to bad gut health, with an imbalance between good and bad bacteria.
    From 2010 I developed an intolerance to eggs and poultry that caused really bad wind and made going to the loo a pretty unpleasant experience most of the time. Over the years, I developed more and more intolerances, so much so that by 2018 I was regularly taking Immodium if I needed to be in a social situation.
    2016 to 2018, I tried all sorts of remedies to no avail until I stumbled upon probiotics and prebiotics, which transformed my life within a week.
    Quite simply, a proliferation of bad bacteria causes a fermenting action in the gut, which produces copious amounts of bad wind and the shits. The probiotics capsules (one a day) ensures that good bacteria outnumbers the bad, and the prebiotics ensure that the probiotics reach the right part of the gut rather than being destroyed by digestive juices on the way down.

But go to the doctors before you do anything else. Good luck! 
    beginning of this year I developed a severe intolerance to eggs too. It was really very, very unpleasant. I have now cut out eggs totally from my diet. I also starting taking probiotics after this and it has improved my gut health no end.
  • So has anyone got any good advice on living with Crohn's? Got a diagnosis of Ileitis from the hospital (and thanks to the NHS for still seeing someone on an urgent cancer referral so quickly and confirming it isn't the Big C, just a smaller C) which I suspect is linked to Crohn's. 

Does FODMAP work for example, and is there any other advice? 
  • Sounds like IBS. I take esomeprazole tablets once a day and certainly helps keep my IBS in check

• Yeah, it's an IBD rather then IBS 

• Rothko said:
    Yeah, it's an IBD rather then IBS 

What is an IBD?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    So has anyone got any good advice on living with Crohn's? Got a diagnosis of Ileitis from the hospital (and thanks to the NHS for still seeing someone on an urgent cancer referral so quickly and confirming it isn't the Big C, just a smaller C) which I suspect is linked to Crohn's. 

Yes, FODMAP works.  It helps you find which foods/ingredients are causing you problems.  It is a big commitment though, in time and patience.

• Phew ! 

Really pleased to hear that your diagnosis was a positive one IYKWIM.

My IBS tends to rear its ugly head when I'm stressed (most Saturdays in the football season!) so hopefully , your condition might be helped by knowing it's not the one you feared. 

Hope you find a suitable diet, and/or medication to keep this under control.
  • Phew ! 

Really pleased to hear that your diagnosis was a positive one IYKWIM.

My IBS tends to rear its ugly head when I'm stressed (most Saturdays in the football season!) so hopefully , your condition might be helped by knowing it's not the one you feared. 

Hope you find a suitable diet, and/or medication to keep this under control.
    Cheers my dear, yeah of the three Cs it could have been this is the best case for me, and cheers @Hex I'm going to start the planning for that next week 
  • I suffer from colitis.
    If I work out (very difficult) what upsets me and avoid it, I'm usually ok.
    But when I set it off, it troubles me for weeks/months.
    Last time I set it off was 10 pints at Ascot  :'(
  • Rothko said:
    So has anyone got any good advice on living with Crohn's? Got a diagnosis of Ileitis from the hospital (and thanks to the NHS for still seeing someone on an urgent cancer referral so quickly and confirming it isn't the Big C, just a smaller C) which I suspect is linked to Crohn's. 

I think it depends on where in GI it is most active.  I’ve suffered with Crohn’s for 40+ years and luckily never really cut anything out.  But mine was predominantly in colon so way down the tract.  I had most of it ripped out 23 years ago which improved my Crohns no end but was a bit drastic :-/