Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans in strange places….

Comments

• Options
    On an island called Abraao about 200 miles from Rio.
    Walking towards this beach bar a fella noticed my Charlton tattoo and said how nice it was.  He was French and said he used to travel over once a season as he was a fan, he showed me pics of The Valley on his phone.  I got very homesick....

How many chips did you get?
  • Options
    On an island called Abraao about 200 miles from Rio.
    Walking towards this beach bar a fella noticed my Charlton tattoo and said how nice it was.  He was French and said he used to travel over once a season as he was a fan, he showed me pics of The Valley on his phone.  I got very homesick....

How many chips did you get?
    He probably got loads - off of other peoples plates.
  • Options
    If things don’t pick up a strange place to see a Charlton fan will be The Valley 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    14 on the plate and one on his shoulder.
    That was the biggest one.
  • Options
    Shit result today but if your in Lisbon pop to O Adriano, brought my Charlton scarf over for it!
    Looks like bar we used in Lagos on the coast (sure it was called Luis and changed hands since). He had the scarves hanging from the ceiling, but between everyone I went with, we can't remember his Charlton was there or not
  • Options
    Sat in departures at Cardiff Airport and a young fella walks past in a Charlton shirt.
    ’Last place I expected to see a Charlton shirt’ says I.
    ’thank you’ he replied.

****How polite.
    ****Lovely boy.
    ****Enjoy your holiday in Alicante 👍🏼
    **** In your best Windsor Davies voice I hope. ;) x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone recognise this guy my daughter boyfriend was in Cardiff Airport this morning and said ther a lad in a Charlton shirt 
  • Options
    Anyone recognise this guy my daughter boyfriend was in Cardiff Airport this morning and said ther a lad in a Charlton shirt 
    Tried his best to hide it by wearing a baby carrier on his chest.

The guy in the blue must be wearing his wife's bag, and I'm wondering if that's his wife in the hat behind him.
  • Options
    Definitely a Charlton fan, rather than someone wearing the shirt as punishment or as a dare.

He has the shocked look on his face, as his brain permanently struggles to formulate what he's seeing on the pitch.
  • Options
    Is this now some sort of ID parade ? 
  • Options
    Out in Valencia on holiday and went to a local curry house this evening. Only to realise whilst looking to my left whilst eating was Francis Coquelin. Very nice guy who mentioned Bob Peeters. Special shout out to Joe Gomez and Nick Pope. Agreed we have a very special academy and keeps an eye on our results. Seems also to be in contact with Conor Gallagher. Really genuine guy. 
    And Danny Dyer was there too !! 
  • Options
    You did very well to identify him, he would have to be wearing his full kit for me to clock him.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I am constantly amazed reading comments on this board about where our supporters live. Cornwall, Yorkshire, the Isle Of Wight, Dorset are just a few of the places that come readily to mind. And then, of course, there is the fact that a considerable amount of our fanbase seems to live in Kent these days.

So with that in mind, I would suggest that a really unlikely place to see a Charlton supporter on a non-match day these days is in Charlton or any nearby surrounding area!
  • Options
    Saw one in Woolwich the other day, really odd. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He will never wear a Charlton top ever again. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    If anybody was at Millwall v Charlton in 66 in the cold blow lane end they would’ve seen me in me red and white scarf
  • Options
    Acab said:
    If anybody was at Millwall v Charlton in 66 in the cold blow lane end they would’ve seen me in me red and white scarf
    You lived to tell the tale.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    He was only 10. TBF, In those days you could probably get away with it. As a kid, I’d go to away games with dad and stand in the home end
  • Options
    🤷‍♂️😂
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    14 on the plate and one on his shoulder.
    I heard he has a very balanced personality - a chip on each shoulder.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Until they left for the 'new' Den I always went in the CBL end and I wasn't the only one, it wasn't that uncommon what with S London families often being split in who they supported.
  • Options
    Out in Valencia on holiday and went to a local curry house this evening. Only to realise whilst looking to my left whilst eating was Francis Coquelin. Very nice guy who mentioned Bob Peeters. Special shout out to Joe Gomez and Nick Pope. Agreed we have a very special academy and keeps an eye on our results. Seems also to be in contact with Conor Gallagher. Really genuine guy. 
    He could've had his shirt on with his name on the back and I still wouldn't have thought that was actually him