Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Home Attendance

Are the home/away attendance figures published anymore on the CAFC site as I can’t seem to find them. 
Does anyone been keeping an account of the attendance figures? 

Comments

• edited November 2021
    Attendances are given for all games reported on the BBC website ... and probably elsewhere too.

It tells me that there were 12,592 there on Tuesday.
  • Don't forget LL also shows them on the Statbank, including away element. 
  • edited November 2021
    They are in the matchday programme.

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813
    Doncaster - 16449  ** Kids for a quid **

League games only, don't shoot me if there's an 'inaccuracy'
  • They are in the matchday programme.

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

Christ, some of those numbers feel like they’ve been inflated almost 100%! 
  • se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

As always all season ticket holders are included in the match day attendance, regardless if they fail to turn up. 
  • shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

As always all season ticket holders are included in the match day attendance, regardless if they fail to turn up. 
    I think comps might get counted too even if the people they’ve been issued to don’t turn up. 
  • shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

Yes. Although I believe the actual numbers attending figure (from turnstile entry figures) is required to be recorded in regards to the Ground Safety Regulations.

So the actual number is known, if not made available.
  • se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

Shhh 🤫
  • shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

don't tell them - if they don't know that by now, they don't deserve to - this is one of the loop conversations that just won't go away 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

don't tell them - if they don't know that by now, they don't deserve to - this is one of the loop conversations that just won't go away 
    Unless told otherwise I will respond to a fair point well made by SE9. 
  • redman said:
    Don't forget LL also shows them on the Statbank, including away element. 
    I get them from the OS match report
  • shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

don't 
  • DOUCHER said:
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    shirty5 said:
    se9addick said:

Sheff Weds - 17639
    Wigan - 13839
    Crewe - 13167
    Cheltenham - 13790
    Portsmouth - 16278
    Bolton - 12707
    Accrington - 11813

don't 
    Sorry Mr new moderator 
  • Thanks guys. 
    Am now wondering whether our clever statto  chappie could include a graph on the number of home/away attendance plus numbers of Charlton away fans. This could be useful to see whether the “new” ownership is seeing an increase in fan numbers and what initiatives are effective or not. I think this could sit along side how the team is performing. 
  • Solidgone said:
    Thanks guys. 
    Am now wondering whether our clever statto  chappie could include a graph on the number of home/away attendance plus numbers of Charlton away fans. This could be useful to see whether the “new” ownership is seeing an increase in fan numbers and what initiatives are effective or not. I think this could sit along side how the team is performing. 
    shirty will do that for you 
  • Solidgone said:
    Thanks guys. 
    if you are referring to me the answer is no, I already spend about 4 hours after each game producing the statbank!
  • Solidgone said:
    Thanks guys. 
    It wouldn't tell you anything useful, to be honest, because of the different factors distorting the attendance from game to game. It's not just no-show season-ticket holders but wild swings in the number of comps, as well as sales.
  • I’ll just sink back into my deckchair then, twiddle my thumbs and contemplate the number of away fans that will attend our champions league matches. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2021
    You'll all be laughing out of the other side of your faces when we are in the Premiership and hosting Real Madrid in a big european night game...eh Thomas?

Thomas?

Thomas?

• Solidgone said:
    Thanks guys. 
    It wouldn't tell you anything useful, to be honest, because of the different factors distorting the attendance from game to game. It's not just no-show season-ticket holders but wild swings in the number of comps, as well as sales.
    AB, what’s the criteria to count in ‘attendance’ figures?  For some reason I had an idea in the back of my mind it was related to tax ie tickets sold; which is why absent STs were always counted.  But it sounds like comps are counted too.  Does anyone else get added on? Stewards? St Johns? Playing staff?  I’m guessing for ‘elf an safety turnstile numbers are added to staff etc so there is an idea of who’s in the building but curious as to what the standard reporting algorithm is
  • Solidgone said:
    Thanks guys. 
    if you are referring to me the answer is no, I already spend about 4 hours after each game producing the statbank!
    I’m amazed that you are able to produce such excellent information in four hours, lancashire lad
  • Solidgone said:
    Thanks guys. 
    I’m amazed that you are able to produce such excellent information in four hours, lancashire lad
    And great stuff too. Many thanks Lancs.