Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Local b&b's

edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
I'm hoping to get to the Scunthorpe game and wondered if any of you know of a good b&b to stay at. Doesnt have to be a pub but it would help :)
Any suggestions?

Comments

• apparently the antigallican had a refurb last year. if you don't know it, it's the one right opposite charlton station. on a matchday it is the designated away fans pub.
    i'm sure one of the posters on here stayed there when we had our charity match, so if you need the lowdown on it keep this bumped every now and then.
  • Have stayed at the Antigallican just after the re-furb and wasnt all that impressed. Hoping for something a little better. Have also stayed at The Pilot Inn which imo was 3 times better than the Anti but was a good walk both ways for the ground. Would like to stay local if possible.
  • Anitigallican was OK suited me as a short stroll from The Valley after charity game helped by the many bottles of Magners. Woolwich Road got very noisy though at 6am. I would not have stayed there with my family they would have complained big time. Only other option is to jump on a bus or in a cab and get to a Travel Lodge or Holiday Inn Express at North Greenwich or a train to Blackheath/Greenwich otherwise not a lot else in Charlton I understand
  • Theres nothing in charlton as Latimer said. er well after the antigallican you have the angerstein. Holiday Inn/Pilot near the Dome.

If you want something better then its Greewnich - which isnt far really is it? Five mins on the train then you have the choice of the lovely new Novotel, Devenport House, Ibis or which might suit you the Mitre pub which has rooms above. lots of people drink in greenwich before the match then jump on the train at half two.
  • st christophers in greenwich, its a bar downstairs with rooms upstairs
  • edited July 2007
    Yell.com has a b&b listed in eastcombe ave se7, not sure how up to date it is, but its got to be worth an email. sorry, dont know how to do a link thing.
  • There used to be an hotel called Stones on the heath near Greenwich Park which was ok.

I'm going back a few years though!