Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That save!

From Mac in the second half. I've seen some goodies in all the years I've been going, but that was right up there.
Well played fella

Comments

• Options
    Kept us in the game, as good as a goal! 
  • Options
    Probably his only real save of the night wasn't it as well?

Managed to catch a couple of crosses but had a relatively quiet night
  • Options
    brilliant save - however he is still let down by his distribution, he threw one out to Washington in the second half and Connor would've been away on the half way line....except he threw it straight out of play
  • Options
    Probably his only real save of the night wasn't it as well?

Managed to catch a couple of crosses but had a relatively quiet night
    There was the near post shot from Smith just before it as well, would be expected to save that though.

The save from the header was first class. He's taken a bit of stick from some but I think he's a good keeper, his distribution can be a bit wayward at times but overall I think there's not a huge amount of difference between him and Amos.
  • Options
    brilliant save - however he is still let down by his distribution, he threw one out to Washington in the second half and Connor would've been away on the half way line....except he threw it straight out of play
    That was very frustrating
  • Options
    The difference between him and Amos is that Amis is very good at coming off his line and catching crosses but maybe Mac is a better shot stopper, both have poor distribution 
  • Options
    Good reactions by the photographer too to be fair (yes I know there's tech etc to make it easier now but that's a very good shot of a very brief moment.) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In fairness, it went out in their half, still some throw.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    That was very frustrating
     The problem was last night that from the start of the second half.whenever the ball went out,Rotherham were taking an age to bring it back in.!
    We,,d probably do the same. tbf But our ball retention was pretty poor in the last third and we kept gifting them this advantage.
  • Options
    He has poor box command, which is more important imo. Sorry to slate Charlton's number 1 but AS A GOALIE who's rubbish in the air as well I can tell you, it's why I've never reached the highest level either 
  • Options
    Ok, you don't like him. We get it.
  • Options
    He's fine. I was having kittens every time Rotherham had a set-piece but our defenders dealt with them
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Leuth said:
    He's fine. I was having kittens every time Rotherham had a set-piece but our defenders dealt with them
    Questioning his command of the area and distribution is fair enough, I think most of us would agree on it but insinuating that save was just routine is madness. 
  • Options
    Good save but it’s one of them ones where I’d have question marks over him if he didn’t save it. It’s not a save I’m going to remember for very long 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wasn't routine, but it was nothing particularly extraordinary. I could go back over the last two seasons and find at least twenty saves by Charlton keepers with a higher degree of difficulty. I'll say that his positioning and awareness enabled him to be in a position to make the save, and I'll also say that most keepers would have been happy to push it over the bar rather than back out (which makes MacG's version slightly worse ;)) but it was nothing you wouldn't expect of a pro
  • Options
    Deano would have held it......
  • Options
    Fabulous save. Got to say, well done to Famewo too for reacting so quickly to the drop down.
  • Options
    That's piss easy.  I have made hundreds better than that!  However that was safely tucked in bed dreaming i was Sam Bartram...
  • Options
    good save, but for my part one that I would expect a professional keeper  to save 9/10 times .. it was a bullet header almost straight at him,  within an arm's length and took a good reflex save to keep it out .. put it like this, IF it had resulted in a goal, I would have blamed the keeper for not saving it
  • Options
    That header an isolated positive in Ladapo's pathetic and embarrassing pantomime of falling over and squealing like a bitch anytime a red shirt came near him.  Why the berk resorts to such childish flimflam is baffling cos he's actually quite capable but prefers to cheat.
  • Options
    Booting the ball into Pearce’s face from point blank range was the best MacGillivray contribution last night, but that save was very good. I completely disagree with anyone who thinks it’s nothing special for a 3rd division ‘keeper.