Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has the last couple of games…

Encouraged you to go tonight, or buy the game, if you weren’t already planning on going / buying?

Comments

• The general mood around the club was so bad after Lincoln that I didn’t turn up for Accrington on a Tuesday night even though I have a ST

Been a massive shift now so can’t wait to go tonight 
  • After watching so much shit on Charlton TV during the Covid19 seasons, I made a decision to do so again only if we were in the Top 6.

I had to expected to find us near the top and buy a season ticket by now. With The Nigel having now virtually ruined our season, I hope that I might get to see some matches at the end.

I wouldn't take this attitude if I could attend in person as I would take my children with me and it would be an afternoon out. Watching on TV however basically means giving up Saturday afternoons to slouch on the sofa alone. So it's a 'no' from me.
  • I've been listening along to a few games on Saturdays this season, religiously since JJ took over, but I'm missing out on training to stay at home and watch the game tonight. I wouldn't have done that if we hadn't had the recent turnaround in form if I'm honest, the fact that it feels like one of our own is in charge is a further draw for me to sit on the sofa and cheer us on. 
  • I'm a season ticket holder.  I  didn't go to the Accrington game after the Bolton debacle.   However I feel encouraged to attend tonight. 
  • ST holder but have too much on this week to fit in a 4 hour round trip sadly.  On the plus side, I am looking forward to tonight on stream rather than the usual feeling of begrudgingly throwing away a tenner!
  • IanJRO said:
    ST holder but have too much on this week to fit in a 4 hour round trip sadly.  On the plus side, I am looking forward to tonight on stream rather than the usual feeling of begrudgingly throwing away a tenner!
    Snap - although mine would be an 8 hour round trip!
  • I'm a season ticket holder.  I  didn't go to the Accrington game after the Bolton debacle.   However I feel encouraged to attend tonight. 
    This .. 
    Same for me. I'll be back amongst it tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• ST holder. Can never get to Tuesday matches due to work and travel reasons but will be watching as always on Charlton TV. So hasn't really changed my mind. However, I'm certainly looking forward to it a lot more :smile:
  • Encouraged you to go tonight, or buy the game, if you weren’t already planning on going / buying?
    Yep, although a season ticket holder i don't usually do night games as i have to get up at 3. I'm looking forward to tonight though.
  • Skipped Accrington. Missed Lincoln and Sunderland which were both down as definites to go to before the season started.

Going tonight, and giving serious consideration to Morecambe, Shrewsbury and Plymouth.

Having a former player in the dugout, particularly one that served us with distinction, is mecca for me. I just can't engage with it in the same way when there's someone with no prior connection in the dugout.
  • Hopefully a few more than the Accrington game as I can't imagine there were more than 5,000 in the ground that night
  • Hopefully a few more than the Accrington game as I can't imagine there were more than 5,000 in the ground that night
    Skipped Accrington as been to plenty of Tuesday night this season. Had a choice between that and tonight. Thought Adkins would be gone by Rotherham and was hoping Jackson would be in charge so chose tonight.
  • Had it not been for an infection on my right peg I'd def be going to the match this evening. As it stands it will be a stream but I do enjoy Charlton TV anyway. Rotherham will give us a match and we are reviving so I anticipate a lively game under thee lights. Looking forward to this vey much now.
  • Got the streaming ST as I live abroad. I missed Lincoln, Accrington and Sunderland as I was in the UK so couldn't watch, but I'll be sat in front of the PC watching the prematch stuff and raring to go. Not sure we are good enough to beat the mighty Rotherham, but at least we are playing football now rather than just pretending to.
  • Bolton and Accrington were both terrible games but thankfully Mr Happy has gone. Expect a better game tonight.
  • I've bailed on the last 2 Tuesday night games because I couldn't be arsed to go. Can't wait to go tonight and the FA cup on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• LMHR said:
    I’m a season ticket holder. Last game I went to was Lincoln then came down with the dreaded covid and came out of hospital last night . Gutted I can’t go tonight, I’m to wobbly but I’m buying the stream. 
    All the best, hope you recover soon 
  • LMHR said:
    I’m a season ticket holder. Last game I went to was Lincoln then came down with the dreaded covid and came out of hospital last night . Gutted I can’t go tonight, I’m to wobbly but I’m buying the stream. 
    Rest up mate. 
    Hope you're better soon. 
  • For various reasons I can't travel up for midweek games anymore.
    But to answer your point - I had no intention of going to Accrington, whereas tonight had I been able wild horses couldn't keep me away
  • I’m there but I would have been there anyway. Ball ache drive home afterwards (should get there around midnight) but just love the Valley under floodlights. 
  • LMHR said:
    Hope you're feeling better soon @LMHR.
  • edited November 2021
    I am really pleased to read this and hope these type of messages are being relayed  to Thomas Sandgaard. Fans wanting to be there instead of giving the game a miss.

Could any of the "100 candidates" do a better job than JJ in turning around the "worse team in Cafc history" to competing and beating Sunderland in the North East despite them winning every home game, putting away a Poor Donny team with aplomb despite missing another 5 good chances. And in many ways a great draw against Rotherham the yo-yo team in recent years between League 1 and the Championship and who were top of the form table.

I can't get to as many games this season which is ironic as I have suffered so much in recent years with hardly missing a home league match and now the guy who I wanted to get the job is in charge. (For now)
    I have still seen 4 home games including Wimbledon in the cup and we lost the lot !

From Caretaker to headmaster Gaffer ASAP.
    JJ isn't just the cheap option but the best option. 

If/when JJ if offered the Job then he should be paid a wage which is Commensurate with an ambitious League 1 club with a tasty bonus thrown in for Promotion.

Taking over the job in 22nd place meant the remit was different to when we kicked off the season even though we all hope we can climb the table at a good rate.

Charlton till we die ?

That's what it said on my contract.