Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arriving late tonight - what time do the gates close?

edited November 2021 in General Charlton
My daughter's got to work tonight and can't get there before 8.30 at the earliest. Anyone know what time they stop letting people in?

Comments

• Cant answer but I guess this is when the streaming option becomes a viable alternative to consider
  • I suggest calling the Club. Even if gates are closed they maybe happy to make arrangements to let her in.
  • Which stand?
  • I got in at half time once
    Or even……..I once got in at half time.😌
  • It used to be half time, or even before. I turned up with mates before around half time and they wouldn't let us in even though we offered to pay etc. Was for a Carling cup/ nothing game midweek. 
  • The club would be absolutely mental to not let a woman on her own in at night. But I’d give them a call to let them know anyway. 
  • The whole point of a jobsworth is to revel in making life worse for a desperate person by utilising whatever minuscule power and authority they have, eh Cojones?
    Or even……..I once got in at half time.😌
    Haha, cheers SoundAs, that was a bit back to front lol
  • After our fifth goal goes in!
  • Sponsored links:

• OK called the club, there's normally one gate open till half time. Think a combo of SE Trains and inevitable delays means it probably won't happen for her. 
  • I remember they used to open the gates on the east terrace about 10 minutes into the second half back in the day and there would always be a dozen or so blokes outside waiting to come in for nish.

Saved themselves a pound, tight bastards.
  • .... and passed hundreds of fellas on the way out, most weeks!
  • rananegra said:
    OK called the club, there's normally one gate open till half time. Think a combo of SE Trains and inevitable delays means it probably won't happen for her. 
    But by the time you've found it all the exit gates will be open.
  • I remember for some bizarre reason deciding to go with some mates to Forest v Arsenal and leaving at about 1.00 for a 3.00 ko. We got there with 20 minutes left. Saw 3 goals though.
  • Went to Blackburn mid week early 70s, coach broke down, might have been brake failure. Replacement coach was sent & we got to the game with 15 minutes left, just in time to see the last goal go in for a 3-0 defeat.
  • Arriving at half time woes - One springs to mind. Everton away in the cup midweek. Got in at half time for free. Missed the only goal of the game scored by Everton. Back to the car engine still warm.

A few weeks later couldn't get a ticket for Gillingham away as didn't have a ticket stub and not Valley Gold. Sat in the home end and lost. The game Scott Parker was 'injured' for. 

Thanks @1905 and @Curb_It for the memories and terrible directions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I've arrived after 60 mins once! will be fine!
  • Went to Blackburn mid week early 70s, coach broke down, might have been brake failure. Replacement coach was sent & we got to the game with 15 minutes left, just in time to see the last goal go in for a 3-0 defeat.
    Surely you should have got there quicker, then?
  • When Adkins was there they left the gates open the whole time.. 
  • Arriving at half time woes - One springs to mind. Everton away in the cup midweek. Got in at half time for free. Missed the only goal of the game scored by Everton. Back to the car engine still warm.

A few weeks later couldn't get a ticket for Gillingham away as didn't have a ticket stub and not Valley Gold. Sat in the home end and lost. The game Scott Parker was 'injured' for. 

Thanks @1905 and @Curb_It for the memories and terrible directions. 
    I just knew this was going to appear as I scrolled down. Sorry Suzi… 
  • I recall leaving a thrashing by Notts County after 15 to 20 minutes.
  • I was on a run of not missing a game, definitely not a home game anyway in early 2008 and had gone daft the Friday night. I didn't want to miss the game but more importantly it was Haye v Enzo at the O2 that night and I had tickets so got the train up at about half three still absolutely rancid and walked down Floyd Road and against a very heavy stream of Charlton fans heading home who were all looking at me like I was an alien, even the steward asked me if I was alright as I again went against the tide to be greeted by my mates all screaming at Patrick Mccarthy as he was shrugged off by Jon Parkin or Chris Brown who then whacked one in to seal a dismal 2 nil victory for Preston North End who for some reason had all their fans dressed in bowler hats and suits, looked fucking mental. Think we even left before the final whistle too, saw about 4 minutes of football from about the 80th minute. 

Capped off by Haye truly beating the piss out of poor Enzo Maccarinelli at about 2.30am. We then walked back to my pal @Stu_of_Kunming place in Cherry Orchards for a few hours sleep on his parents sofa 

Got stuck on a snow bound mountain (or what felt like it) taking a shortcut to man City as well and made it to the ground on about 60 minutes 

• Did your daughter manage to get in @rananegra
  • Did your daughter manage to get in @rananegra
    She did. Got there at half time and had a nice steward let her in.