Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Up Market Bromley …. ?

So The Bell at the top of Bromley High Street has re-opened. Single and double spirits are not served at the tables. Only spirit wine and Champers by the bottle. 

Surely this can not be your average Bromley youngsters night out….. 

Comments

• Where’s Fosters on that menu?
  • That pub has had so many failed reopenings, was probably the roughest in the high street when it was last know as the bell.

As for buying bottles, you could walk 5 minutes round the corner to Sainsburys and buy a bottle of Jack Daniels for £20 or so, saving you £250 for mixers. Obviously you wouldn't get the sparklers and what not so that everyone knows what a bell you are but it'll earn you a few nectar points.
  • I think the typist had been sampling everything on the menu & added a few too many zeros on some of those prices 😳😳
    Can’t see this latest reincarnation of The Bell surviving for long charging those ridiculous prices.
  • There are so many trigger points in that menu that frankly the prices are the least of my issues...
  • So The Bell at the top of Bromley High Street has re-opened. Single and double spirits are not served at the tables. Only spirit wine and Champers by the bottle. 

Surely this can not be your average Bromley youngsters night out….. 
    Maybe they can use the profits to produce a menu that was not created on excel and laminated in the exams office of the closest college. 
  • Imagine dropping £1,300 on a bottle of vodka and they don’t even include the Red Bull for free!
  • anyone buying anything in there will need their head tested
  • The food looks good in the garden part of it. Not sure about that drinks menu if it is legitimate? If I have got the correct place. 

https://twitter.com/gardenbarbr1/status/1455166571043753993?s=21 

• Sponsored links:

• Probably wouldn’t go there myself but anything that upscales Bromley, I’m all for.
  • Curb_It said:
    The food looks good in the garden part of it. Not sure about that drinks menu if it is legitimate? If I have got the correct place. 

https://twitter.com/gardenbarbr1/status/1455166571043753993?s=21 

That’s the place, inside upstairs has has one bar lounge open currently, but will have 2 I believe. With a DJ on an overhead balcony, this I’m told is the Weekend  table prices. 
  • Just seen they’ve got a wine room and sushi so I probably will pop in some time. Just not when the DJs spitting tunes or paying £300 for a bottle of something.
  • They've had a food court in what was the car park (Stables) for a while.  

Didn't realise is was open again.

The Bell is mentioned in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

Bromley seems to have a lots of pubs and restaurants but not much night life.  Youngsters prefer Beckenham or up town, it seems.  High St always seems very quiet if I venture out on a Saturday night to the theatre or cinema 😉
  • That pub has had so many failed reopenings, was probably the roughest in the high street when it was last know as the bell.

As for buying bottles, you could walk 5 minutes round the corner to Sainsburys and buy a bottle of Jack Daniels for £20 or so, saving you £250 for mixers. Obviously you wouldn't get the sparklers and what not so that everyone knows what a bell you are but it'll earn you a few nectar points.
    I don't think you get Nectar on booze but the saving of £250 will make up for that.
  • I remember when The Bell, or rather just the back bar, was an "old mans pub". 

Old Albert would be sputtering out his half of mild at those prices. Nobody would notice mind you, cos there be nobody else there!
  • iaitch said:
    They've had a food court in what was the car park (Stables) for a while.  

Didn't realise is was open again.

The Bell is mentioned in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

Bromley seems to have a lots of pubs and restaurants but not much night life.  Youngsters prefer Beckenham or up town, it seems.  High St always seems very quiet if I venture out on a Saturday night to the theatre or cinema 😉
    Did she comment on the prices?
    Yes, she ate at the McDonald's round the corner rather than pay tuppence for a bowl of gruel. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Full of Instagram wankers no doubt.
  • edited November 2021
    Full of Instagram wankers no doubt.
    I'm half surprised they're not offering to pour the drinks down the bar staff's forearms.
  • SantaClaus said:
    Full of Instagram wankers no doubt.
    I'm half surprised they're not offering to pour the drinks down the bar staff's forearms.

Bell Bae
  • I give it 4 months.
  • I cant see a lot of Christmas staff parties being held there.