Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Name the 1990 player

@shirty5 knows but does anyone else?

Comments

• Ronnie mauge  ?
  • Kips said:
    Ronnie mauge  ?
    No, not him
  • Miguel De Souza??
  • edited October 2021
    I'm also going with Vince Hilaire...
  • Tutt-Tutt said:
    Vince Hilaire
    Correct

• Vince Hilaire played for us? 
  • Well done Tut Tut.

Thought it was Des Walker
  • Kips said:
    Vince Hilaire played for us? 
    Not sure of any first team games, but definitely for the reserves (at Welling IIRC)
  • Sponsored links:

• Kips said:
    Vince Hilaire played for us? 
    Not sure of any first team games, but definitely for the reserves (at Welling IIRC)
    Definitely no first team games...
  • Iirc he never played a first team game but came on loan from Leeds in our relegation season in 89/90.
  • Well I never I don't recall that at all. It's clearly him and he is in a Charlton shirt so well done Tutt-Tutt. Good bit of fun on the way to the game by train so thanks for posting Henry.

But i might just get Prince Andrew to check that photo is genuine..
  • He was the target of a huge amount of racist abuse, especially from Leeds fans for some reason. I remember seeing an interview with him in Shoot or Match and his answer for his favourite away ground was Elland Rd, with a tongue-in-cheek comment on how friendly their fans are. Couldn’t believe it when he subsequently signed for them.
  • Played against Palace for the reserves at  Welling I know I was there
  • McCartney said:
    Played against Palace for the reserves at  Welling I know I was there
    Was Perry Suckling in goal for Palace? 
  • He was the target of a huge amount of racist abuse, especially from Leeds fans for some reason. I remember seeing an interview with him in Shoot or Match and his answer for his favourite away ground was Elland Rd, with a tongue-in-cheek comment on how friendly their fans are. Couldn’t believe it when he subsequently signed for them.
    A kind of Stockholm Syndrome
  • edited November 2021
    Not a lot of people knew that.

I thought the guy looked familiar but seeing the Charlton shirt put me off thinking it was Vince Hilaire. He was 31 then but he would have been kicked from pillar to post in his career so the wear and tear would have been greater than a 31 year old winger today.
  • McCartney said:
    He might well have been saw Southgate, Sir Chris, Pardew and Collymore at various times . More likely it was Andy Woodmsn now Bromley manager. 
  • McCartney said:
    McCartney said:
    He might well have been saw Southgate, Sir Chris, Pardew and Collymore at various times . More likely it was Andy Woodmsn now Bromley manager. 
    Here's some random games. Saw Chris Powell play left back for the Nigel's in a football combination game at the old Tooting ground in Sandy Lane. Also saw Alan Pardew play for Yeovil at Barking and also at Tooting & Mitcham in the Isthmian League in 86/87.