Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Signed Merchandise

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61699244ae481/limited-range-of-signed-charlton-merchandise-to-go-on-sale

What happened to the old days of getting autographs on shirts after games? Still if people want to pay these prices then good luck to them.

The video messages from a player celebrating a special event is different though getting Jacko to say congrats to Bert for losing his virginity last week might not be allowed 

Comments

• £25 for a personalised message?!

Complete pisstake, should either be goodwill gesture or not done at all. 

Bit of an own goal all this by the club, feels like it’s been done off the back of a good win as well. I’m sure they wouldn’t of done it after the Accrington game.
  • edited October 2021
    No interest in this mob! Who are they? 
    Do one ! 
  • Which charity or good cause are the profits from this going to then?
  • Who’s responsible for this?

I’m stunned to be honest, this is something even Roland wouldn’t dream up.

I think we’ve seen in recent weeks/months how fans are viewed under this current ownership but this takes the biscuit.
  • Haha. Shirts are worth less with this teams signatures on them.  Would work ok in PL with plastic overseas fans, just don't see a market for these as we are today.  Suspect 29 squad signed shirts to be on the sale racks at the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Belv said:
    Trying to fleece fans is not fine.

I actually find this quite despicable.
    Rolex charging tens of thousands for a watch - despicable.

Oh wait ….. someone just told me it’s not compulsory.
    Yes, because that’s exactly the same isn’t it.
  • If we ever make the premiership I'm glad I wont be around.
  • bobmunro said:
    Belv said:
    bobmunro said:
    Belv said:

Yes it is exactly the same - complaining about the price of a non-essential item you can just choose not to buy.
    Leave off Bob
  • bobmunro said:
    Belv said:
    bobmunro said:
    Belv said:

Yes it is exactly the same - complaining about the price of a non-essential item you can just choose not to buy.
    Ok Bob, it’s exactly the same.
  • Suppose the comparison would be; if Rolex turned out a batch of utter shit timepieces over the last couple of months, then asked the people who bought them if they want to buy another one sign by the same watchmaker
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Suppose the comparison would be; if Rolex turned out a batch of utter shit timepieces over the last couple of months, then asked the people who bought them if they want to buy another one sign by the same watchmaker
    Or if Rolex were usually happy for you to drop off a watch to them for them to sign for free but then suddenly decided they would charge £150 instead.
  • Where can I buy a Rolex for £150?
  • @blackpool72 Grandkids ring the club up.
    Its Grandads 80th birthday next month can you do a video message for him his been a supporter for 70 years.
    Course we can that'll be £25.
    It's not right.
  • It would take a player 10 seconds of their time to wish a kid happy birthday on a video. Charging loyal fans £25 is outrageous.
  • An own goal by the club....should be ashamed of themselves. 
  • Seems like mistakes are being made very frequently. Needs to be addressed ASAP, what use is the fan advisor also? 
  • I'm not sure it's anything new. I have a signed ball from the early eighties. My dad bought it for me in the club shop. For some reason it has stuck in my mind that it cost him £8. I'm sure that would have been a fair bit then, though not as much as £75 now. I don't have a problem with the club selling autographed merchandise as long as there's still an avenue for fans to approach players directly.  
  • Erm, it’s a no from me.
  • edited October 2021
    It feels a bit cynical to suddenly throw this out like this. Were they actually waiting for us to first win with a good performance?